Cases for iPhone 4S

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay most of you all have heard about the lifeproof so I wont even mention it. However there's another case I have in mind that I want called the SGP Valentinus. Modmyi is giving one away, but I wanted a review about it. So I found one. I can go to Best Buy and get the lifeproof for $79 straight fromt he store, or I can order the Valentinus online and it'll come up to $70 with Express saver Fedex. Which would YOU get?

Spigen SGP Valentinus Leather Wallet Case for iPhone 4S?Review - Gadget and Accessory Reviews - Gadgetmac

Here's some images of it:

sgpcardcase-1.jpg

sgpcardcase-5.jpg

sgpcardcase-2.jpg

sgp13.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I like that wallet case Greggie. It might be good for a weekend travel thing or for a sporting event or something.

:D YaY !! It looks really nice, enjoy Ame !!

Thanks! I was hoping my Zagg HD would get here today so I could install that and then pop the new case on. I wish Speck made more patterned Candyshells that weren't holiday.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay most of you all have heard about the lifeproof so I wont even mention it. However there's another case I have in mind that I want called the SGP Valentinus. Modmyi is giving one away, but I wanted a review about it. So I found one. I can go to Best Buy and get the lifeproof for $79 straight fromt he store, or I can order the Valentinus online and it'll come up to $70 with Express saver Fedex. Which would YOU get?

Spigen SGP Valentinus Leather Wallet Case for iPhone 4S*Review - Gadget and Accessory Reviews - Gadgetmac

Here's some images of it:

Click to view quoted image

I like that wallet case Greggie, it's really nice looking. Now as for which to go with the LP or ^this wallet case. It all depends on what you need out of your case. If you prefer a wallet combo so you don't have to carry your phone AND wallet, then go for that case.

BUT if your ok with carrying both I'd suggest the LP. I'm not hear to preach about it, but lets say, I've had my iPhone since Nov 2011. In that time I can't tell you how many cases I've bought:eek: off hand I can tell you I have 9 speck cs's 1 speck grip and 2 speck fitted along with 5 OB defenders, with other ones I didn't mention. I purchased an LP last Saturday, and I honestly think I've found thee case that works best for me at this point in time. I took my phone into the shower yest listening to music-it sat on the marble shelf getting soaked, water suds and all. Came out dried it off good to go. Today stepped out, it's raining. Nbd. My phone got wet. So what. Got in my truck dried it off good to go once again. I'm becoming more and more comfortable with this case. You could also go to LifeProof.com and check out their vids on the case as well if your still interested in it. The LP isn't everyones cup of tea, and I understand that completely.

SO, again I'll say it all depends on what you want out of your case:) good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I like that wallet case Greggie, it's really nice looking. Now as for which to go with the LP or ^this wallet case. It all depends on what you need out of your case. If you prefer a wallet combo so you don't have to carry your phone AND wallet, then go for that case.

BUT if your ok with carrying both I'd suggest the LP. I'm not hear to preach about it, but lets say, I've had my iPhone since Nov 2011. In that time I can't tell you how many cases I've bought:eek: off hand I can tell you I have 9 speck cs's 1 speck grip and 2 speck fitted along with 5 OB defenders, with other ones I didn't mention. I purchased an LP last Saturday, and I honestly think I've found thee case that works best for me at this point in time. I took my phone into the shower yest listening to music-it sat on the marble shelf getting soaked, water suds and all. Came out dried it off good to go. Today stepped out, it's raining. Nbd. My phone got wet. So what. Got in my truck dried it off good to go once again. I'm becoming more and more comfortable with this case. You could also go to LifeProof.com and check out their vids on the case as well if your still interested in it. The LP isn't everyones cup of tea, and I understand that completely.

SO, again I'll say it all depends on what you want out of your case:) good luck with your decision.

Do you have any pictures of your lifeproof case? The ones I've seen online are all like studio images of it and not in action

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any pictures of your lifeproof case? The ones I've seen online are all like studio images of it and not in action

I can post pics of mine later for you if you'd like, it's the pink/gray one. But in the mean time, another iMore member here, shooter03, posted pics for me in this thread of the purple/black that he has. I believe he has all 4 colors. You can check out his post of them on page 4 of this thread:)

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-accessories/229387-looking-new-quality-case-4.html

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I put that Grip on tonight...I do not love it and Ill probably return it for just a different CandyShell. I don't know if it's the shape or what but it's bigger than the regular and I generally don't care for the feeling of it. It also started in on my case-friendly screen protector so it definitely encroaches more into the screen than the normal candyshell does.

I am thinking I might paper-mache this one lol, and put a pattern on it or something haha!!!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I put that Grip on tonight...I do not love it and Ill probably return it for just a different CandyShell. I don't know if it's the shape or what but it's bigger than the regular and I generally don't care for the feeling of it. It also started in on my case-friendly screen protector so it definitely encroaches more into the screen than the normal candyshell does.

I am thinking I might paper-mache this one lol, and put a pattern on it or something haha!!!

Ame, i'm sorry to hear that you didnt like the grip at all. It does seem a tad longer top to bottom, perhaps 1/8" from looking at your pics, but i personally thought that it felt slimmer than the regular cs. Also, i'm very surprised it nipped into your screen protector--it honestly didn't intrude on mine. Perhaps your sp sits closer to the outter edges than mine does;) i do really like the color of it overall tho:)

Also, with the cs's, i wished they had other prints as well besides seasonal--i'm with ya on that one;):)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It's taller and wider by about 1/4 inch in each way, and that is just enough to bother my hand it seems. I did think it was not as deep but the inside didn't seem as protective as a normal candyshell does.

I think I am going to ask them to exchange tihs Grip for another CS, and then I might try to put some Vinyl or something on this one, and see how that looks. Or paper mache it lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It's taller and wider by about 1/4 inch in each way, and that is just enough to bother my hand it seems. I did think it was not as deep but the inside didn't seem as protective as a normal candyshell does.

I think I am going to ask them to exchange tihs Grip for another CS, and then I might try to put some Vinyl or something on this one, and see how that looks. Or paper mache it lol

Ya know, I honestly didn't notice for the size diff with the cs & grip. Im gonna pull mine out later just to look. I swear when I was using the grip it really "appeared" more slim line to the cs !! I guess looks can b deceiving !!

Your paper m?ch? idea sounds cool--if you do decide to do that I'd love to see the design you come up with:) hey, you may even start a trend with that too--if it seems to go over well, I'd contact Speck and see if you could design a few if your own for them and make some kind of profit;)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That would rock, esp considering that's my field!

I am thinking stuff like Jonathan Adler mostly. Graphic patterns.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That would rock, esp considering that's my field!

I am thinking stuff like Jonathan Adler mostly. Graphic patterns.

ok, so having no idea who Jonathan Adler is, i googled and found his site. Some of the stuff is really nice--kinda like an aztec style with a 70's spin to it. I think if you chose the right pattern(s) for the cover, you'll be in biz girlie;):)

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey Pink, I was wondering if you could post some pics of your seadragon purple CS. I think I remember you saying you have one. I wanted to get it but idk if it's a girly purple. See, I'm a guy but I like purple, just a darker purple. Also do you know if the red and black CS will fit a sprint 4s? I noticed it says AT&T exclusive. Also what does the pirates cove teal look like?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods