Cases for iPhone 4S

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Is it loose around the edges?

They don't feel loose to me, I mean if your playing with the case you can pull them back, but the phone won't slip that easily out of the cover. The cover material itself is like a harder type silicone case, if that makes any sense, but it's not hard to get The phone out of the case like the speck cs's are.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh i was sooo eyeing those ifrogz! Arrgh. Their website Doesn't do their cases justice. May have to try one of those :-/ for now waiting on the real commuter to arrive tomorrow. I think I'm going to try n use the body glove for a few days. Try n get a feel for it. Even with Walmarts cheap prices wish I had stuck with Amazon. It was $5 cheaper.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
They don't feel loose to me, I mean if your playing with the case you can pull them back, but the phone won't slip that easily out of the cover. The cover material itself is like a harder type silicone case, if that makes any sense, but it's not hard to get The phone out of the case like the speck cs's are.

Excellent. I just don't want it floppy at the bottom esp. I might go see if it is available at my Best Buy so I can check it out.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Went to my local best buy today hoping to check out the ifrogz breeze case in pink/black. They didn't have any breeze cases at all. :( A very slim disappointing selection of cases. I did look at the griffin survivor case (needed to buy my son a new case for his iPhone and send it to him in fl) I didn't like how the camera on the back is covered by the rubber flap. Pain in the neck if u take a lot of pics! Ended up ordering him the Camo otterbox defender on amazon . After checking out the life proof case - I can't bring myself to spend $79.99 on it - I ordered a new black defender for myself. That should hold up well while hiking :) really loving my black candy shell speck for the time being! I havn't taken it off since I got it - that says a lot ! lol

morrow95

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe nobody else is using the GGMM cases... WOWCase, Fitted Series GGMM Aluminum Metal iPhone 4/4S Bumper Case - Blac [029371] : iPhone Case, iPad Case iwowcase.com

I bought several cases after getting my 4S and this was clear and away the choice for me... the rest have gone on ebay.

On a side note... for anyone looking for a lanyard I found and purchased one of these Apple iPhone 4 screw-on phone strap ring - - Cellular Accessories | Mobile Accessories | Cell Phone and love it. The extra top on the screw lines up pretty much dead even with the above case when on my phone so you can't even really see it - it doesn't 'stick out'. I did remove the ring though and put my lanyard directly through the holes in the new screw head. Works perfectly!

hodie63

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
awesome cases

try rokform.com , they make awesome cases and now they have a composite version with integrated add ons- for holding your phone. and the new cases are signal friendly. look at the rokbed v3 cases.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I was using the Esssentials 050 pink/purple case all day yesterday--and i have to say i really like this one too !! I like the texture of the case itself and how it kinda has a 'frosted glass' kinda look to it as well:)

and hey, for $20 bucks at BestBuy (i had a coupon) - it def was a good purchase :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:D i rec'd my speck fitted pink/black/white plaid Valentines special edition case today !! I didn't realize it was a 2 piece snap-together type of case, lol.
:eek:At first when i took it out i thought it was broken(cracked) down the side till i realized it comes apart LOL.

Any who-- i LOVE this one indeed !! the plaid print is sooooo pretty, what i'm not too crazy about is the black rim. I kinda wish that would've been white or even a pink color to match the pink thats on the case. BUT either way, i really like it & it still looks good, and i like the form factor. It actually is a little more slim line than the cs is. It also does have a lip on the rim around the front screen, so if you were to lay your phone down face-down, it elevates the face of the phone from touching the direct surface.

My only 2 concerns with the cover right now are: 1) the plaid fabric possibly getting dirty and 2) the plaid fabric possibly fraying or wearing away in the future. I don't think i'll really have to worry about either of these 2 because i do always keep my phone either 1) in my pocket, or 2) in one of my Coach tech wristlets.

Other than those 2 concerns right now, like i said, i really LOVE this case. I immediately put it on:) If i get a chance a little later, i will post pix as well;):) For those of you that have the black 4S, i think this case would look totally hot on it, especially if you like girly plaid prints:)
1327671874.jpg
1327671858.jpg

Last edited:

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
:D i rec'd my speck fitted pink/black/white plaid Valentines special edition case today !! I didn't realize it was a 2 piece snap-together type of case, lol.
:eek:At first when i took it out i thought it was broken(cracked) down the side till i realized it comes apart LOL.

Any who-- i LOVE this one indeed !! the plaid print is sooooo pretty, what i'm not too crazy about is the black rim. I kinda wish that would've been white or even a pink color to match the pink thats on the case. BUT either way, i really like it & it still looks good, and i like the form factor. It actually is a little more slim line than the cs is. It also does have a lip on the rim around the front screen, so if you were to lay your phone down face-down, it elevates the face of the phone from touching the direct surface.

My only 2 concerns with the cover right now are: 1) the plaid fabric possibly getting dirty and 2) the plaid fabric possibly fraying or wearing away in the future. I don't think i'll really have to worry about either of these 2 because i do always keep my phone either 1) in my pocket, or 2) in one of my Coach tech wristlets.

Other than those 2 concerns right now, like i said, i really LOVE this case. I immediately put it on:) If i get a chance a little later, i will post pix as well;):) For those of you that have the black 4S, i think this case would look totally hot on it, especially if you like girly plaid prints:)

Funny I was wondering the same thing about the fabric fraying as I inspected it over and over when I first got it. But I too don't use the same case often so not too worried.

I got the teal commuter btw and LOVE it. I was afraid the color would be too dark but not at all! And yes I agree the fitted would be so muc nicer with color besides black frame.

Also got my "extender" for my chargers. And am back to sporting my CSs for a lil. I hated that my generic plugs were wider and thicker than the iphone original ones. But the extender is tiny and very helpful!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Funny I was wondering the same thing about the fabric fraying as I inspected it over and over when I first got it. But I too don't use the same case often so not too worried.

I got the teal commuter btw and LOVE it. I was afraid the color would be too dark but not at all! And yes I agree the fitted would be so muc nicer with color besides black frame.

Also got my "extender" for my chargers. And am back to sporting my CSs for a lil. I hated that my generic plugs were wider and thicker than the iphone original ones. But the extender is tiny and very helpful!
Hunoosh, as far as the fabric on the speck, have you had any issues with it getting basic surface dirt at all? If so, how have you cleaned it?
I would imagine washing it in warm soapy water would not be feasible because the fabric has to be attached to the case itself with some type of glue adheasive--and prob water would weaken the seal.

I bought the BC awareness commutter in hot pink/white silicone last Saturday--i used it for a day or 2, and while i LOVE the color combo, i wasnt overly that crazy about the case itself--i wound up returning that one.

As for the cs's, i have a Griffin car charger and when i do use it i usually dont have a prob with the port plugging into the phone. But i'm glad you've found an extender that works:)

Pretty case in the teal. Is it thick at all? Looks pretty slim for a sylicone or whatever it is. Most of them usually bulky. I like the looks of this one.

The color does look nice in person. While i was at Bestbuy i didn't take it out of the packaging to really check it out overall, but the flexibility & thickness of it appears to be like the essential 050. The only parts that seem a little thicker are where the designed 'waves' are on the back of the case. So, idk, maybe a future case for me--not sure atm.

I'm just waiting on my last Speck fitted in diamond fog purple to show up. found it at Amazon for $15 plus free shipping !! cant beat that;):D

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone used a mophie juice pack case? Just wondering how they feel size wise and how their protection is since I was looking at the outdoor case.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone used a mophie juice pack case? Just wondering how they feel size wise and how their protection is since I was looking at the outdoor case.

I just purchased the Mophie Juice Pack Air case for my 4S yesterday from BestBuy. They gave me 25% for my work discount so it came out to a little over $60. It adds some bulk (about doubles the size of the iPhone) but nothing that I'm concerned about. It's still very pocket-able and I actually like the added weight. I haven't dropped it yet so I can't comment on how durable it is. I just fully charged it so I will see how long I can go before charging it again. If you go to BestBuy and ask they will let you try out the Mophie Juice Pack on your iPhone so you can see how it feels and looks (at least they let me). They actually had a closet full of cases that you could try on at the BestBuy I went to.

Photoon1-27-12at142AM.jpg
[/IMG]

Image.jpg
[/IMG]

Image2.jpg
[/IMG]

Image1.jpg
[/IMG]

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Hub has the mophie juice pack plus which I believe has three more hours than the air. Both seem to provide decent protection from drops. The juice pack plus is a bit bigger and a tad bit heavier but has a really nice soft feel to it. I almost got the two-toned juice pack air until I realized that the power and volume buttons are accessed through cutouts and I prefer when cases have the built-in buttons like the plus.

The CES video showed that mophie is coming out with an even slimmer, lighter version this year, also with cutouts for the power and volume buttons. I may just get the plus for myself but lately haven't been far from a power source so I really don't feel the need to get it right away.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks both of you ^^ I will probably see if my bestbuy has it and if I like it I will see if they do bring out a smaller one soon since I was looking a lot more towards the outdoor version.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks both of you ^^ I will probably see if my bestbuy has it and if I like it I will see if they do bring out a smaller one soon since I was looking a lot more towards the outdoor version.

You're welcome! :)

The outdoor one is cool - I think you can use the GPS out in the middle of nowhere without wifi, data or even if your phone shows "no service", right?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner