Cases for iPhone 4S

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I see that they are a hard snap on cover....are they easy to snap on and off or is it a PITA?
Thx that's one thing that really bugs me about the speck cs, it really is a major PITA to take on and off !!

No, it's not hard to shop for the 4S at all lol, and I agree any color make the white iPhone look stunning:)

My husband actually has the iFrogz treads case on his and it holds up very well;)

Happy New Years to you both and everyone else as well !!

Not hard to put on/take off at all! Very similar to the Case-Mate Barely There, if you're familiar with them. WAY easier to remove then the Candyshell (which I love, as well) ;)

Happy New Year!

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Ohhhh sure now pursued me with the flip style:p LOL.(j/k) I have looked at them online and I just might consider one next time around, because my next investment for my iPhone is probably going to be an iHome docking station for my end table next to my bed, this way at night I can just dock to charge and still have access to my phone when my alarm goes off;):)

Just got an iHome docking station for Christmas. It is really nice. Pink...I would love to see a pic of all your cases. It will probably look like the wall in the Apple Store where they display all the cases for sale. LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Not hard to put on/take off at all! Very similar to the Case-Mate Barely There, if you're familiar with them. WAY easier to remove then the Candyshell (which I love, as well) ;)

Happy New Year!
Ok thanks!! I'm not familiar with the case mate BT, but my SiL has one--next time I see her I can check it out;)

Just got an iHome docking station for Christmas. It is really nice. Pink...I would love to see a pic of all your cases. It will probably look like the wall in the Apple Store where they display all the cases for sale. LOL
Well, now I just ordered a cs flip from amazon, and I'll be looking for the iHome sometime this week;)

Once I get all of my cases from the mail I'll post pix:) I'm starting to feel like an Apple store:eek: LOL

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm hooked on the barely there, I had one for my BB Storm that was chrome and really loved it. I now have barely there's in pearl white, pearl pink, matte teal and matte eggplant.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm hooked on the barely there, I had one for my BB Storm that was chrome and really loved it. I now have barely there's in pearl white, pearl pink, matte teal and matte eggplant.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I checked these out when I first got my iPhone, they have some really GREAT colors choices and I'm tempted to try one. The only thing I'm not so crazy about is the top of the case doesn't cover the top of the iPhone. I know it's supd to be a minimal case, I wish the case itself would've continued over to cover the top as well. But who knows, as crazy as I am about cases with my phone I may try it out:)

I also picked up an iHome today, and after trying it out in the store I'm THRILLED that my speck cs cases are compatible to the iHome I got. I won't need to remove the case, or need the cs flip now either-I can return the flip and replace it with another cs color:D

Hoosier, I'm curious-did you dwld the free iHome app also?

I read some reviews and not many people were happy about the app integration with the iHome so in passed on dwld'ing it for now.

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I checked these out when I first got my iPhone, they have some really GREAT colors choices and I'm tempted to try one. The only thing I'm not so crazy about is the top of the case doesn't cover the top of the iPhone. I know it's supd to be a minimal case, I wish the case itself would've continued over to cover the top as well. But who knows, as crazy as I am about cases with my phone I may try it out:)

That is why I won't get that case or the Uncommon Deflector. I need the little "lip" on top just in the event I put it down face down. The candyshell IS a nightmare to get on and off. But it works with the Zagg screen protector and seems to offer a LOT of protection without being insanely bulky.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)for those of you that were interested, here's part of my case collection. Not pictured is my speck cs in raspberry truffle(on my phone) and an incipio silicrylic in light purple/purple(on my daughters phone), also still waiting for mail delivery on my 3 speck cs cases, 1 speck cs satin, 1 speck cs flip and an OB defender. I'll post those up when i have them all:) hopefully they will all arrive this week !!
1325552390.jpg

and i also use my Coach patent leather wristlet to carry my phone in when i'm on the go to avoid carrying my wallet AND my phone separetly. I can throw my dL, debit card, and cr cd with some cash into the case for convience;) i also do use the wristlet around the house too.
1325556295.jpg

(strawberry keyfob does not come with the case)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That is why I won't get that case or the Uncommon Deflector. I need the little "lip" on top just in the event I put it down face down. The candyshell IS a nightmare to get on and off. But it works with the Zagg screen protector and seems to offer a LOT of protection without being insanely bulky.

Yes, i agree with you. Even the iFrogz luxe has some nice colors as well, but doesnt cover the top of the iphone. I also put my phone face down sometimes and having that little bit of 'lip' is a nice little security to have on a case.

Again, i agree with the whole CS on/off nightmare thing, lol. BUT i soooooo love these cases !! That and the OB defenders are indeed my favorites in cases ATM. Who knows what i'll be into a month from now:p LOL !!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
:)for those of you that were interested, here's part of my case collection. Not pictured is my speck cs in raspberry truffle(on my phone) and an incipio silicrylic in light purple/purple(on my daughters phone), also still waiting for mail delivery on my 3 speck cs cases, 1 speck cs satin, 1 speck cs flip and an OB defender. I'll post those up when i have them all:) hopefully they will all arrive this week !!
Click to view quoted image

and i also use my Coach patent leather wristlet to carry my phone in when i'm on the go to avoid carrying my wallet AND my phone separetly. I can throw my dL, debit card, and cr cd with some cash into the case for convience;) i also do use the wristlet around the house too.

christ on a cracker! THAT is a lot of cases, and more on the way?!

Yes, i agree with you. Even the iFrogz luxe has some nice colors as well, but doesnt cover the top of the iphone. I also put my phone face down sometimes and having that little bit of 'lip' is a nice little security to have on a case.

Again, i agree with the whole CS on/off nightmare thing, lol. BUT i soooooo love these cases !! That and the OB defenders are indeed my favorites in cases ATM. Who knows what i'll be into a month from now:p LOL !!
I want to try an uncommon capsule which should have a little protrusion on the front.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased a speck candy shell flip case, I'm waiting to receive it and see how I like it

Last edited:

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
You'd probably really like the CandyShell Flip style. The phone slides right into the case easily but is just as secure and protected as in the regular CandyShell. Perhaps if they make a satin flip version? In white and pink, of course! ;)

I like the flip for an alternative however, if you're OCD about things. The front of the case has the tiny cut where the phone "flips" open. I find myself compulsively looking at it and checking to see if sides are even....lol Not that I wouldn't use it. But I'm hoping I found my solution. I ordered an attachment so I can plug non Apple chargers in to my phone when I have a CS on.

And you know what came to mind as far as how hard the CS is to get off??? Remember when you got your brand new BB? The battery cover would take hours to come off? But then after several battery pulls you became a pro at it? LOL...the CS is like that only less need to take off. But you find a way and it gets easier to come off. Once I get the top corners out I put my finger through the camera hole...gently of course. HTH :D

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I like the flip for an alternative however, if you're OCD about things. The front of the case has the tiny cut where the phone "flips" open. I find myself compulsively looking at it and checking to see if sides are even....lol Not that I wouldn't use it. But I'm hoping I found my solution. I ordered an attachment so I can plug non Apple chargers in to my phone when I have a CS on.

And you know what came to mind as far as how hard the CS is to get off??? Remember when you got your brand new BB? The battery cover would take hours to come off? But then after several battery pulls you became a pro at it? LOL...the CS is like that only less need to take off. But you find a way and it gets easier to come off. Once I get the top corners out I put my finger through the camera hole...gently of course. HTH :D

LOL! You just reminded me of when Kevin at CB.com first tried to take off his 9700 cover...and finally figured out if you turned the BB upside down and push up with your thumbs, it would slide right off! :)

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
HA....I was actually one of the few that had no struggles. But my son had a 9700 the same time I did and his was a PITA to get off at first. After enough battery pulls it was fine though. Thank God for bettery pulls to loosen up a battery door. :eek: Can you imagine having a CS on a BB?!?!?!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Great cases!!! :)

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

I do the same thing!

Swapping out CS cases is pretty easy if you spread the sides outward a bit and let out the iPhone as if you're inverting the case (kind of like when you cut mangos hawaiian style into "flowers" and turn them inside out) and then push the rest of the phone out from the camera hole. :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
christ on a cracker! THAT is a lot of cases, and more on the way?!

I want to try an uncommon capsule which should have a little protrusion on the front.
Lol, I wasn't kidding when I said I really liked my cases:D
When I had my curve8330 a few yrs ago I had 30+ cases to swap out to go with my outfits & holidays. Yeah, a little OCD I know:) I'm certifiably nuts:p lol.

And yes,:eek: more on the way too.

I recently purchased a speck candy shell flip case, I'm waiting to receive it and see how I like it

I got the cs flip because I thought I was going to need it for my iHome to dock my phone.....turns out the model I got works perfectly with the cs I have on my phone right now so I'll be returning my flip for a regular cs in another color:D

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I wasn't kidding when I said I really liked my cases:D
When I had my curve8330 a few yrs ago I had 30+ cases to swap out to go with my outfits & holidays. Yeah, a little OCD I know:) I'm certifiably nuts:p lol.

And yes,:eek: more on the way too.

I got the cs flip because I thought I was going to need it for my iHome to dock my phone.....turns out the model I got works perfectly with the cs I have on my phone right now so I'll be returning my flip for a regular cs in another color:D

I'm going to be getting the ihome iD91 so I can dock my iPad on it at work .... Use my iPod touch with the istrobo app and I can keep my iPhone nicely in my pocket LOL and be able to use it in my apple dock without any issues lol

And I'm becoming case addicted lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to be getting the ihome iD91 so I can dock my iPad on it at work .... Use my iPod touch with the istrobo app and I can keep my iPhone nicely in my pocket LOL and be able to use it in my apple dock without any issues lol

And I'm becoming case addicted lol

Thats the iHome model i just bought yesterday:) Theres an app for it too, but i didn't dwld it because a good bit of the reviews were usesrs complaining that they got it-then it stopped working, or they didnt like the intergration. So i passed on it for now. the PITA is most of the time when i dock my iPhone it asks me if i want to dwld the app, i say no, but theres no way to have it "don't ask again" type of thing. oh well. I may just dwld it to try out and if i don't like it delete it. I'll be using it to dock my iPad also when i don't need to charge my iphone overnight;)

as for the cases, sheesh, its soooo easy to get suck in--and theres SOOOO many great cases avil for the iPhone which doesnt help !! LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

thats how i remove the cs off my iphone if need be. I start off by gently pushing through the camera hole to pop that top corner out first and then work the rest of the case off from there.
HA....I was actually one of the few that had no struggles. But my son had a 9700 the same time I did and his was a PITA to get off at first. After enough battery pulls it was fine though. Thank God for bettery pulls to loosen up a battery door. :eek: Can you imagine having a CS on a BB?!?!?!

LOL, having a cs on a bb would prove to be quite challenging for a batt pull. When i had my bold9650, one of my first cases for it was one of those top/bottom pieces that snapped together......WELL !! let me tell you, that was the first and last case i EVER bought like that for my bb. I had a heck of a time trying to remove it one day just to do a batt pull, mevermind the thought of having a cs on it !!

Last edited:

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I also picked up an iHome today, and after trying it out in the store I'm THRILLED that my speck cs cases are compatible to the iHome I got. I won't need to remove the case, or need the cs flip now either-I can return the flip and replace it with another cs color:D

Hoosier, I'm curious-did you dwld the free iHome app also?

I read some reviews and not many people were happy about the app integration with the iHome so in passed on dwld'ing it for now.
Haven't downloaded it..........Will do it today and let you know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods