Cases for iPhone 4S

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered another 2 colors of the OB defender yesterday. One is gray rubber with a white shell and the other is a black shell with white rubber. I'm psyched to get these so i can mix and match the shells and rubber outters to give my phone new looks:D

But when these 2 do show up - first thing i'm gonna do is put the white shell with the white rubber outter;) I thinks thats gonna look totally hot on my baby;):D

i absolutely LOVE ob defenders:) i should be a spokes person:p LOL !!

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site

i absolutely LOVE ob defenders:) i should be a spokes person:p LOL !!

I used to be a big fan of the Otterbox defender. I used one for 18 months on my iPhone 4. I have a 4S and have been swapping back and forth the Commuter and Defender. The small form factor of the Commuter is great. I don't like the bulkiness of the Defender. I also found that when using the 4S a lot with the Defender, it gets a lot warmer. However, the Commuter gives my 4S more room to breath and stay cooler. When its warmer, the battery loses charge quickly.

I am going to use the Defender on my ski trips for the weekend this winter. At home, I will be using the Commuter.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I like your idea pink. I may get one just for the winter to be extra safe. Maybe just another excuse but it sounds reasonable. Lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a big fan of the Otterbox defender. I used one for 18 months on my iPhone 4. I have a 4S and have been swapping back and forth the Commuter and Defender. The small form factor of the Commuter is great. I don't like the bulkiness of the Defender. I also found that when using the 4S a lot with the Defender, it gets a lot warmer. However, the Commuter gives my 4S more room to breath and stay cooler. When its warmer, the battery loses charge quickly.

I am going to use the Defender on my ski trips for the weekend this winter. At home, I will be using the Commuter.

Hmmmm...I never noticed my 4S getting warm within the case while I'm using it, then again it's mid-winter here ATM and temps are ccchchchchchilly lol. Perhaps come summertime I may have to re-think my case options if that presents itself. Once I receive the 2 that I just ordered yesterday, I'll then have four defenders to mix and match color wise:D

I honestly do love the defenders, and I've grown very fond of the speck candyshell cases as well--I'm going to get a few more colors for myself:)
I like your idea pink. I may get one just for the winter to be extra safe. Maybe just another excuse but it sounds reasonable. Lol

:D awwwww, heck, who even needs a reason to shop for even MORE cases to make our 4S's pretty:D

But yea, just for the winter. Sounds like a good excuse:p

Last edited:

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

Actually mine was getting warm today while it was charging in my commuter case! I did notice it today while I was at work it was getting warm

Sent from my iNeuro 4S using Tapatalk

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Actually mine was getting warm today while it was charging in my commuter case! I did notice it today while I was at work it was getting warm

Sent from my iNeuro 4S using Tapatalk

I felt it was warmer(didn't measure actual temp) when it was on the Otterbox defender vs Otterbox commuter.

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I felt it was warmer(didn't measure actual temp) when it was on the Otterbox defender vs Otterbox commuter.

I def feel the back of my case getting warm while charging

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have done quite the un-thinkable.....lol. Not only did I order a speck candy shell case, but I ordered 3 candy shells - sea dragon, fine wine burgundy & white/aubergine from speck and THEN I also ordered a satin shell in white/pomdoro from Amazon......talk about being addicted to buying cases for my 4S sheesh !! :eek: :D

But, I can justify it because one of my daughters has the 4S also so she can share the cases with me:):D (my other daughter prefers her i4 naked)

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have done quite the un-thinkable.....lol. Not only did I order a speck candy shell case, but I ordered 3 candy shells - sea dragon, fine wine burgundy & white/aubergine from speck and THEN I also ordered a satin shell in white/pomdoro from Amazon......talk about being addicted to buying cases for my 4S sheesh !! :eek: :D

But, I can justify it because one of my daughters has the 4S also so she can share the cases with me:):D (my other daughter prefers her i4 naked)

I lmao when I read this. At least I buy 1 maaaaaybe 2 at a time! But u r right at least your daughter can share! Good reasoning :p I'm jealous though. The while/pond pro is a nice shade of red. I love the CS. Aubergine will prob be my next. I also just bought an adapter for my chargers. My only prob with CS is that the charger port only fits Apple charger. My favorite charger and one for work are other brands. So I'm sure I'll put te adapter to good use. And then don't have to limit myself for cases. Love Azon for cases. Congratulations on you new cases! I can't wait til the new grip has prettier colors.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I lmao when I read this. At least I buy 1 maaaaaybe 2 at a time! But u r right at least your daughter can share! Good reasoning :p I'm jealous though. The while/pond pro is a nice shade of red. I love the CS. Aubergine will prob be my next. I also just bought an adapter for my chargers. My only prob with CS is that the charger port only fits Apple charger. My favorite charger and one for work are other brands. So I'm sure I'll put te adapter to good use. And then don't have to limit myself for cases. Love Azon for cases. Congratulations on you new cases! I can't wait til the new grip has prettier colors.

:eek: yeaaaaa.....I got a little carried away, lmao, but I know my daughter will enjoy using the cs's also because she actually tried on my rasp.truffle that I have before I put it on, and she likes it better than the incipio silicrylic I gave her. The white/pomodoro is pretty-I got it to use for Valentines Day:D there's so many nice colors in the cs I want them all lol. And I can't wait till the grip has girly colors too I'd like to scoop one of those up too:eek:

Im still using my rasp.truffle cs since I put it on the other day, I'm sooooooo digging it. I always wear something pink so it always matches my outfit:) (yea I know a little nuts and OCD LMAO)

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm having fun with cases. Probably because I was so neglected in that category when I had the 9800. Very very limited cases! And I hear ya on the OCD. I need to change my colors as my mood changes :-/

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I really need to stay away from you ladies...you're influencing me to buy more cases! Just ordered an Otterbox Commuter in hot pink/white. Just before christmas i bought 2 ifrogz luxe lean cases in teal and white. The teal is gorgeous on the white iphone. They were 1/2 price so I couldn't resist. My hubby just rolls his eyes. LOL!

http://ifrogz.com/category/523

Last edited:

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't take much for some to want to shop. :D
I love the commuter. Would have more but I'm waiting on the right color duo. Not fare they have more colors in the defender. Hmm I frogz?? I'll have to google that. Lol. And I agree. Love the Teal on white. Actually just about anything looks great on the white.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I really need to stay away from you ladies...you're influencing me to buy more cases! Just ordered an Otterbox Commuter in hot pink/white. Just before christmas i bought 2 ifrogz luxe lean cases in teal and white. The teal is gorgeous on the white iphone. They were 1/2 price so I couldn't resist. My hubby just rolls his eyes. LOL!

iPhone 4 Cases
Lol, shopping for more cases for the 4S is tooooo easy, there are just soooooo Manu great choices;):):D

Brinda, I do have a question for you in regards to the iFrogz cases you have. I took a look at them and they are really nice, I like to get one or a few of those too:eek: LOL.

I see that they are a hard snap on cover....are they easy to snap on and off or is it a PITA?
Thx that's one thing that really bugs me about the speck cs, it really is a major PITA to take on and off !!

Doesn't take much for some to want to shop. :D
I love the commuter. Would have more but I'm waiting on the right color duo. Not fare they have more colors in the defender. Hmm I frogz?? I'll have to google that. Lol. And I agree. Love the Teal on white. Actually just about anything looks great on the white.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS

No, it's not hard to shop for the 4S at all lol, and I agree any color make the white iPhone look stunning:)

My husband actually has the iFrogz treads case on his and it holds up very well;)

Happy New Years to you both and everyone else as well !!

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm having fun with cases. Probably because I was so neglected in that category when I had the 9800. Very very limited cases! And I hear ya on the OCD. I need to change my colors as my mood changes :-/

Oh I know, when I had my bold 9650 it was the same way...not much to choose from at all. On the other hand, when I had my 8330 there were tons of cases avail. I have 30+ for it and used to change them to match my outfits daily:eek: yes, a little OCD, that's me !! Lol

But now that there are so many for the 4S I'm starting to do the same thing. My hubs has given up at this point:p trying to keep up with all the cases I get/have for my iphone now:) lol.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol, shopping for more cases for the 4S is tooooo easy, there are just soooooo Manu great choices;):):D

Brinda, I do have a question for you in regards to the iFrogz cases you have. I took a look at them and they are really nice, I like to get one or a few of those too:eek: LOL.

I see that they are a hard snap on cover....are they easy to snap on and off or is it a PITA?
Thx that's one thing that really bugs me about the speck cs, it really is a major PITA to take on and off !!

You'd probably really like the CandyShell Flip style. The phone slides right into the case easily but is just as secure and protected as in the regular CandyShell. Perhaps if they make a satin flip version? In white and pink, of course! ;)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You'd probably really like the CandyShell Flip style. The phone slides right into the case easily but is just as secure and protected as in the regular CandyShell. Perhaps if they make a satin flip version? In white and pink, of course! ;)

Ohhhh sure now pursued me with the flip style:p LOL.(j/k) I have looked at them online and I just might consider one next time around, because my next investment for my iPhone is probably going to be an iHome docking station for my end table next to my bed, this way at night I can just dock to charge and still have access to my phone when my alarm goes off;):)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW