Cases for iPhone 4S

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I actually found the volume to be quite a bit louder in the LP case.

Definitely do the trick of pressing the case against your chest (or thigh) while pressing the back to push out the remaining bit of air.

I found when u are listening to music with case if you open the charging port it is louder.

Thanks Alli and Phreddyl for the extra tips. I will try these today. I did take the cover off last night because it was starting to drive me crazy. I will set it up again for today and see how it goes again:)

(I actually forgot about that tip to open the port door so the sound is louder, so thx for the reminder on that Phreddyl:))

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, just a follow up on the LifeProof. Sorry to say that for me, the case just didn't work out. I LOVE the protection it offers but I just didn't overall like the way the screen lost some sensitivity, and then the sound was more muffled to me. With the port door open, the sound did improve, but I certainly can't leave it open all the time, that just defeats the purpose of the case overall.

So this case just isn't for me.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)rec'd the incipio bombproof case today that I ordered from amazon on Tues. 1) I was shocked how quickly I recd it-est date was 12/9 so I had a surprise in the mail today 2) I freakin LOVE this cover !! I think I have found "thee one" ........for now:p lol.

What I really like about it overall is
1) the form factor of it, it's silicone-so eeeeeeasy to put on the phone.

2) it is a little thicker than most silicone cases, and the grenade like form of it is real rugged. The back of the case is even slightly rounded also.

3) overall it does add a little more size to the phone and it's very square(love that!)-def resembles a candy bar form even more so.

4) the front covers the whole bottom, including the home button for protection-it has it's own little square "button" for the home button. Does not interfere with the function of the home button at all.

5) Has openings for all ports that need access. The opening in the back for the camera/flash is nice and wide so when using the flash for a pix, the color of the cover won't cause the flash to wash out the pix.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this cover, and I feel it was well worth the price indeed:) I ordered mine from amazon.com because incipio was out of the color I wanted it in-in fact incipio is out of stock in all the colors it's avail in, so if your interested in it, I'd suggest going right to amazon.com

Last edited:

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, just a follow up on the LifeProof. Sorry to say that for me, the case just didn't work out. I LOVE the protection it offers but I just didn't overall like the way the screen lost some sensitivity, and then the sound was more muffled to me. With the port door open, the sound did improve, but I certainly can't leave it open all the time, that just defeats the purpose of the case overall.

So this case just isn't for me.

Can't say I blame ya. Those things would of been a no go for me as well. What's the point if you have to open it up?

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
:)rec'd the incipio bombproof case today that I ordered from amazon on Tues. 1) I was shocked how quickly I recd it-est date was 12/9 so I had a surprise in the mail today 2) I freakin LOVE this cover !! I think I have found "thee one" ........for now:p lol.

What I really like about it overall is
1) the form factor of it, it's silicone-so eeeeeeasy to put on the phone.

2) it is a little thicker than most silicone cases, and the grenade like form of it is real rugged. The back of the case is even slightly rounded also.

3) overall it does add a little more size to the phone and it's very square(love that!)-def resembles a candy bar form even more so.

4) the front covers the whole bottom, including the home button for protection-it has it's own little square "button" for the home button. Does not interfere with the function of the home button at all.

5) Has openings for all ports that need access. The opening in the back for the camera/flash is nice and wide so when using the flash for a pix, the color of the cover won't cause the flash to wash out the pix.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this cover, and I feel it was well worth the price indeed:) I ordered mine from amazon.com because incipio was out of the color I wanted it in-in fact incipio is out of stock in all the colors it's avail in, so if your interested in it, I'd suggest going right to amazon.com

Reading your posts always make me smile. You are so much like myself with your never ending search. LOL I'm glad to hear that you found "the one" for now right? I saw those but don't really like the squareness of it. hmmm ..... I will be searching for the one until I no longer have the iphone lol . That's just how I am. I get bored way too easily. Today I am sporting the white pink flip CS. The black shows scratches and annoys the heck out of me :rolleyes: As soon as I can get another color commuter I'm probably going to go back to that. But who knows. One thing I found about the commuter I don't like also it that the bottom port cover is supposed to close but it slightly opens from all the opening and closing to charge the phone. That doesn't look right to me and can become annoying. ugh...maybe I'm fooling myself and just looking for reasons to keep on shopping? :p I LOVE Amazon! They have great prices and shipping is excellent I find as well.

psyko825#IM

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
I have to agree with you Pink, I just tried the life proof case and I really don't like it at all. It's going back soon. I think I'm going to give the case mate tank a whirl

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Reading your posts always make me smile. You are so much like myself with your never ending search. LOL I'm glad to hear that you found "the one" for now right? I saw those but don't really like the squareness of it. hmmm ..... I will be searching for the one until I no longer have the iphone lol . That's just how I am. I get bored way too easily. Today I am sporting the white pink flip CS. The black shows scratches and annoys the heck out of me :rolleyes: As soon as I can get another color commuter I'm probably going to go back to that. But who knows. One thing I found about the commuter I don't like also it that the bottom port cover is supposed to close but it slightly opens from all the opening and closing to charge the phone. That doesn't look right to me and can become annoying. ugh...maybe I'm fooling myself and just looking for reasons to keep on shopping? :p I LOVE Amazon! They have great prices and shipping is excellent I find as well.

Hunoosh, i usually get bored rather quickly with covers myself, BUT i'm really digging this one !!

LOL, as for your 'gripe' with the commuter bottom port, do we really need an excuse to shop:p IDTS!! :D I personally love Amazon myself;)

I have to agree with you Pink, I just tried the life proof case and I really don't like it at all. It's going back soon. I think I'm going to give the case mate tank a whirl

Yea, psyko, the cover just wasnt for me and to justify the $80 price tag on it for the 'gripes' i had about it wasnt enough for me to keep either.

:pseeeeee, now you mentioned a case mate tank, i'm just gonna have to check out now too:D lol.

failurbydesign

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
During my work week i like to use my Acase Superleggera which is fanatsic and other than that i bought a 3 pack of griffin silicon cases that i use!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think having a lanyard for your phone is nerdy at all:) he11, I used to misplace my blackberry allllll the time:p I'd have to call the damn thing to find it lol. Thankfully I don't have that prob with my 4S !!

And if that works having a lanyard for you, then who really cares what other peeps think:) I know I certainly would not!!

LOL!

My blackberry was always being left somewhere and I would have my husband call it and of course the thing would be on vibrate or silent! :rolleyes:

At least now I have 'Find my iPhone' if I ever take it off the lanyard and misplace it! :p

I actually have people coming up to me saying "Cool - what a great idea!" and "How did you attach it?" asking where I bought my lanyard and of course the candyshell it's connected to. :p

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Yay! Candyshell flip!!! I love that case!

I posted in other threads that my husband has decided he prefers his iPhone naked...and of course he dropped it today and shattered the back. :mad:

So we are going to the Apple Store to replace the screen. He is so lucky the front didn't crack and that the phone still works!

Anyway, even after this debacle he will probably still want to carry the phone naked or close to it, so I was thinking of getting this case for him:

SGP Neo Hybrid

Hopefully he uses it since it retains the sleekness factor and It will hopefully give him more "grip" to lessen the chance of him dropping it AGAIN. But of course it won't protect as well as an Otterbox or Candyshell. :roll eyes:

Has anyone used these? I'm wondering if it is ok to use with the GSM 4S since it says CDMA?

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Yay! Candyshell flip!!! I love that case!

I posted in other threads that my husband has decided he prefers his iPhone naked...and of course he dropped it today and shattered the back. :mad:

So we are going to the Apple Store to replace the screen. He is so lucky the front didn't crack and that the phone still works!

Anyway, even after this debacle he will probably still want to carry the phone naked or close to it, so I was thinking of getting this case for him:

SGP Neo Hybrid

Hopefully he uses it since it retains the sleekness factor and It will hopefully give him more "grip" to lessen the chance of him dropping it AGAIN. But of course it won't protect as well as an Otterbox or Candyshell. :roll eyes:

Has anyone used these? I'm wondering if it is ok to use with the GSM 4S since it says CDMA?

I saw that about your husbands phone :eek: I hope it's painless to replace. Seems easy enough. I would love to sport my white iphone naked just can't get myself to do it. And I am very careful with my phone. But I just can't do it.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
UGH....why do I even look when you people post links to new iphone cases!!!??? Those look pretty sharp! I may have to do more research and perhaps try yet another case! Thanks a lot for feeding my addiction....lol That just may be what your husband needs too. Thanks again for the link :p

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There are a couple of old threads devoted to the SGP Neo Hybrid. I got one for my 4 when they first cae out cause they look so sweet. Unfortunately, the bumper part has a tendency to break.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I picked up one of the new Belkin Elements 019 cases in the gradient white/dark green colour. It's very much like the barely there cases. I like it a lot and it looks fab on the white phone...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
[/COLOR]
UGH....why do I even look when you people post links to new iphone cases!!!??? Those look pretty sharp! I may have to do more research and perhaps try yet another case! Thanks a lot for feeding my addiction....lol That just may be what your husband needs too. Thanks again for the link :p
:eek: I'm in the same boat as you Hunoosh!! LOL

The addiction is absolutely endless:p

:pthanks for the link !!

Ps: the white infinity leather looks sliiiiiiiiiiiiick !!

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Well it figures...on my mission to find the "perfect" case I ordered the iskin claro on Amazon and literally the NEXT day I get an email that the Speck SeeThru that I've been waiting to be stocked is now in stock! aaaarrrrggghhh. SO I will hold off on the Speck since my iskin in enroute due for delivery next wk. I am so tempted to go naked but I just cant even bare the sound of gently laying my iphone down on my desk at work with no case. The DRAMA it would be if I would drop it! :eek: This is the reason I am looking into a clear case now to show off the beauty!

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Iskin claro came in and am happy for now! Noticed the camera cutout is smaller than most of the new 4S cases but bigger than what most of the 4 are. That said I did a test of a pic with and one without case on while using flash. I can't seem to notice huge difference.

070cbbfd.jpg
53d6f9e3.jpg

First one with case on.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Iskin claro came in and am happy for now! Noticed the camera cutout is smaller than most of the new 4S cases but bigger than what most of the 4 are. That said I did a test of a pic with and one without case on while using flash. I can't seem to notice huge difference.

Click to view quoted image
Click to view quoted image

First one with case on.

:pnevermind how the pix come out with the case on it, what i wanna know is how come the whole 'class' here didn't get invited to see TMNT ??? LOL !!

and no, there is no diff in the pix with or without the case on:) I saw a pic of it in the other thread. I wonder if that slight yellowing your talking about is just becuase of the material the case is made out of to be more durable on the sides :confused: idk, just a thought. I do like the case also, and no i dont have the guts to let my phone run naked....like you, there be ALOT of DRAMA if it got dropped :eek:

Last edited:

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
:pnevermind how the pix come out with the case on it, what i wanna know is how come the whole 'class' here didn't get invited to see TMNT ??? LOL !!

and no, there is no diff in the pix with or without the case on:) I save a pic of it in the other thread. I wonder if that slight yellowing your talking about is just becuase of the material the case is made out of to be more durable on the sides :confused: idk, just a thought. I do like the case also, and no i dont have the guts to let my phone run naked....like you, there be ALOT of DRAMA if it got dropped :eek:

Haha....see how perfectly still they sit while the TMNTs are on? THEN....movie ends and its kung fu time in my house!

I like the case. The yellowing is very very faint. Not enough to make me return it. Just hope over time it doesn't get worse.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods