Cases for iPhone 4S

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Well it figures...on my mission to find the "perfect" case I ordered the iskin claro on Amazon and literally the NEXT day I get an email that the Speck SeeThru that I've been waiting to be stocked is now in stock! aaaarrrrggghhh. SO I will hold off on the Speck since my iskin in enroute due for delivery next wk. I am so tempted to go naked but I just cant even bare the sound of gently laying my iphone down on my desk at work with no case. The DRAMA it would be if I would drop it! :eek: This is the reason I am looking into a clear case now to show off the beauty!

Cool! I checked out the see-thru case and I think I want to try it out. It looks as slick as the regular candyshell cases and one thing that worries me is that there is no rubber lining the interior to absorb shocks. But I use a lanyard anyway so it's really not a deal-breaker. I found a code "save20" so the price is only $23.96 so it may be worth trying it. :)

Reactions: phreddyl

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll be curious to see how you like it. If you buy from Amazon or somewhere else make sure you get the 4s version because it has the bigger camera cut out. Really wish I would of waited longer. It came out like 2 days after I had already ordered the iskin. Not a huge disappointment so far.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Haha....see how perfectly still they sit while the TMNTs are on? THEN....movie ends and its kung fu time in my house!

I like the case. The yellowing is very very faint. Not enough to make me return it. Just hope over time it doesn't get worse.

LOL !! That's how it was in my house also :)

Well I hope it doesn t yellow up much more either on you. Enjoy it:). For this week at least till you change to another one :p lol !!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll be curious to see how you like it. If you buy from Amazon or somewhere else make sure you get the 4s version because it has the bigger camera cut out. Really wish I would of waited longer. It came out like 2 days after I had already ordered the iskin. Not a huge disappointment so far.

My clear Speck GemShell arrived today! Ordered from speckproducts.com with code "save20" for a 20% discount. I LOVE it! The only thing I miss is the rubber interior on the CandyShell but then again, I use this with a lanyard so I don't have to worry too much about drops. ;)

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
My clear Speck GemShell arrived today! Ordered from speckproducts.com with code "save20" for a 20% discount. I LOVE it! The only thing I miss is the rubber interior on the CandyShell but then again, I use this with a lanyard so I don't have to worry too much about drops. ;)

Hmmm. That looks nice. I might order one for my white iPhone 4S

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Good to see photos. I so want one of those. But I am being very good and not ordering any new cases yet. So tell me a little more. I'm curious to see your review of it. You mentioned the rubber which I like too but isn't the case itself rubbery/soft feel or is it all hard plastic? I like the iskin claro I'm using because the back is soft TPU feel yet you can tell it is covering a harder plastic inner. So far I'm ok with it. I noticed a tiny tiny bit of that "rainbow" affect on the back but it's not always there. It's smaller than a pencil eraser tip size. However, I do find myself already bored with it. LOL. I have a feeling that is going to just be the case with me always no matter how I dress my phone.

This is my next case though. It's new from Speck. I like that the edges are rubbery. Fashionable colors and it's ONE piece. I like their others but didn't like that the plastic is hard and its 2 pieces.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...Ffabshell-for-iphone-4s-1.html&token=3HKgaPih :eek:

mikechaudron

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Just received my Book Book case from twelve south, it is awesome. The ability to consolidate my wallet with my phone is perfect. The fact it is in a beautiful distressed leather book makes it all the better. I used to always have to carry my keys, wallet, and phone. Now it is only two things. I highly recommend it.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Good to see photos. I so want one of those. But I am being very good and not ordering any new cases yet. So tell me a little more. I'm curious to see your review of it. You mentioned the rubber which I like too but isn't the case itself rubbery/soft feel or is it all hard plastic? I like the iskin claro I'm using because the back is soft TPU feel yet you can tell it is covering a harder plastic inner. So far I'm ok with it. I noticed a tiny tiny bit of that "rainbow" affect on the back but it's not always there. It's smaller than a pencil eraser tip size. However, I do find myself already bored with it. LOL. I have a feeling that is going to just be the case with me always no matter how I dress my phone.

This is my next case though. It's new from Speck. I like that the edges are rubbery. Fashionable colors and it's ONE piece. I like their others but didn't like that the plastic is hard and its 2 pieces.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...Ffabshell-for-iphone-4s-1.html&token=cUbQcn-o :eek:

I absolutely LOVE this case!

However, you may want to think about it a bit because of the following:

The rubber is only around the front "lip" of the case to protect the front of the phone and a strip on each corner (just like the regular candyshell) to help absorb the shock if it hit on one of the corners. There is no rubber on any part of the interior and the outside of the case is all hard plastic, no soft coating whatsoever. Also, I don't know if they would make this in the flip style because it would require a rubber piece across the back which wouldn't be as aesthetically appealing. And I do notice the rainbow effect that you mentioned across the entire back of the case. Also, the "rubber" part of the case is of course the transparent kind, so it's possible that any makeup it comes in contact with may stain/discolor it. Lastly, tiny pieces of lint get into the space between the back and the case and you do see them. I just pop the phone out and wipe it clean and it's perfect again.

I think I am going to get different colors of the back glass since it's super easy to switch them out. (Ms. Pink, guess what color I'm ordering next? ;) )

The fabshells are adorable! I hadn't tried any of those yet because of the lack of the rubber interior but now that I've tried the gemshell with no rubber interior, I realized it's totally fine without it.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE this case!

However, you may want to think about it a bit because of the following:

The rubber is only around the front "lip" of the case to protect the front of the phone and a strip on each corner (just like the regular candyshell) to help absorb the shock if it hit on one of the corners. There is no rubber on any part of the interior and the outside of the case is all hard plastic, no soft coating whatsoever. Also, I don't know if they would make this in the flip style because it would require a rubber piece across the back which wouldn't be as aesthetically appealing. And I do notice the rainbow effect that you mentioned across the entire back of the case. Also, the "rubber" part of the case is of course the transparent kind, so it's possible that any makeup it comes in contact with may stain/discolor it. Lastly, tiny pieces of lint get into the space between the back and the case and you do see them. I just pop the phone out and wipe it clean and it's perfect again.

I think I am going to get different colors of the back glass since it's super easy to switch them out. (Ms. Pink, guess what color I'm ordering next? ;) )

The fabshells are adorable! I hadn't tried any of those yet because of the lack of the rubber interior but now that I've tried the gemshell with no rubber interior, I realized it's totally fine without it.

Thanks for that bit of info. Makes a huge difference in my decision. The rainbowing on the iskin is tiny an sometimes not ever there. I think for clear I'm going to stick with the iskin. I notice I miss "color" with this case on though. Will eventually try the fabshell and waiting on OB commuter to perhaps come in more color options. Wishing I had got a white/red CandyShell for the season. Lol.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. That looks nice. I might order one for my white iPhone 4S

Iskin Claro is a good alternative as well. It's soft TPU like on the sides and the back is TPU like but it is actually covering what is a hard clear interior. Pretty cool. The Speck is hard plastic with lil rubber like sides.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I have been a dedicated Otterbox user for some time now. I recently tried out the Speck CandyShell Satin case and it is awesome. Yesterday I went to the Speck site and they have released a new case called the "Grip". Just ordered one and can't wait to get it. You guys should check it out. I will post a review when I get it. I think I am getting addicted to iPhone cases. I can see myself now in a meeting saying "Hi...my name is Philip and I am an iPhone case addict". LOL

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Incipio Silicrylic case in Light Gray/Blue. I figured it's time to put something on this bad boy before I break it.

I was also purchasing some beauty supplies from Sephora this morning and saw that they were offering a free iPhone case, so I snagged one of those. It's probably cheap, but I love iPhone cases so of course I ordered one regardless.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been a dedicated Otterbox user for some time now. I recently tried out the Speck CandyShell Satin case and it is awesome. Yesterday I went to the Speck site and they have released a new case called the "Grip". Just ordered one and can't wait to get it. You guys should check it out. I will post a review when I get it. I think I am getting addicted to iPhone cases. I can see myself now in a meeting saying "Hi...my name is Philip and I am an iPhone case addict". LOL
:)i saw this on the Speck site yesterday as well. They do look pretty slick--i may order one as well. I'll watch for your review on this one:)
I just ordered the Incipio Silicrylic case in Light Gray/Blue. I figured it's time to put something on this bad boy before I break it.

I was also purchasing some beauty supplies from Sephora this morning and saw that they were offering a free iPhone case, so I snagged one of those. It's probably cheap, but I love iPhone cases so of course I ordered one regardless.

Heather, my daughter is using my silicrylic in purp/dk purp on her 4S that she got a few days after T-Day. TG for that case is all i have to say !! i was dropping her off at school the next morning (phone only 12hrs old) and getting out of my truck she dropped her phone on its back to the concrete ground from about 3ft in the air :eek: my heart sank !! she picked it up and everything was in tack TG !!

So, i can say it does protect pretty well. But i did get her an OB defender purp/turq for Xmas--which i rather her use--it offers more protection:)

I rec'd my purp/turq OB defender yesterday and put it on--man, i LOVE the colors of this one indeed !! I personally thinks it looks fab with the little bit of white from my phone peeking out of it:)

morrow95

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
GGMM aluminum fitted case - awesome

Just got my GGMM aluminum fitted case in the mail - took awhile to get here... I must say it is awesome!

Very thin aluminum surround with padded inserts on the inside fits perfectly around the phone and give a full 'lip' on both the front and back of the phone. In other words if you lay your phone on a counter it is the case which is in contact and not the phone.

Cutouts for everything including headphones, charger, speakers, volume, standby, ringer, even the sim card.

Fit is amazing as the case is in two pieces and attaches by 4 tiny screws in two opposite ends. No problems with calls or anything for that matter.

Here is a link to where I purchased... a little pricey and it took a few weeks to arrive, but this is by far the best case I have come across and tried quite a few so far. My only suggestion would be a backing plate, but that is just me.

WOWCase, Fitted Series GGMM Aluminum Metal iPhone 4/4S Bumper Case - Cham [029376] : iPhone Case, iPad Case iwowcase.com

No, I do not work for any of these places I just wanted to share how much I love this case as I am sure there are others out there searching for something similar. Great protection, not bulky, perfect fit, etc and comes in quite a few colors.