Pink, I never used anything on my 11 month old, original Bookbook. They suggest laying it top down for a while and after a week or so, it stays closed nicely. The replacement they sent me lays flat without any break-in. My experience was that the oils from your hands add enough to soften it.

Do you get a lot of comments on it?! Seems every time I use mine, someone always asks what it is and they love it!

Alli, sorry to hear about your ruined cases. I agree with Pink, that the guy could have been stand-up enough to mention it AND offer to replace your items.
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 08-18-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    08-18-2012 06:43 AM
    Yea, it would have been nice, but I never noticed he'd made such a mess, so it was a week before I found everything. Next time I follow behind them.
    08-18-2012 09:04 AM
    Pink, I never used anything on my 11 month old, original Bookbook. They suggest laying it top down for a while and after a week or so, it stays closed nicely. The replacement they sent me lays flat without any break-in. My experience was that the oils from your hands add enough to soften it.

Do you get a lot of comments on it?! Seems every time I use mine, someone always asks what it is and they love it!
    Ok thanks Brinda I have layed it top down when i remember and that has helped indeed. Today is just a week of using and having it so it's finally starting to break in nicely !! i LOOOOOOVE this thing!!

When i first came home after purchasing it, setting my phone & stuff etc., my husband saw it and the first thing he said was "its nice, even looks like a mini Bible." My 16yo daughter also likes it & is considering getting one as well, so i told her i'd be happy to buy one for her if it makes life easier to carry her school id, library card & some cash. The other day while i was at Dd's getting my coffee, the young lady saw it & complimented on it too and the vintage brown reminds me of a leather bomber jacket!

It is a great little wallet/case indeed, and the quality is well worth the money i couldnt be happier with it I know i say that about most of my cases, but this one i REALLY cant part with - not even to put a bumper on my phone. The ONLY time i take my phone out is at night going to bed only if i need to charge (in the dock), if not it stays in my BookBook on my endtable
    Last edited by Pink; 08-18-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    08-18-2012 09:05 AM
    Yea, it would have been nice, but I never noticed he'd made such a mess, so it was a week before I found everything. Next time I follow behind them.
    It was an unfortunate mis-hap indeed, but whenever i have anyone into the house for repairs etc., i either 1) make sure my husband is home or 2) follow them around like a lost puppy LOL
    08-18-2012 09:10 AM
    Id have been calling that guys boss so damn fast...But I also wouldn't have left his side either
    08-18-2012 08:59 PM
    Okay, I picked up a CaseCrown Chameleon case in purple/brown and it's too purdy on the white iPhone! $10.22 shipped from Amazon. :o I'll post pics soon.
    08-20-2012 11:46 PM
    Just trying out the awesome new iMore Forums app. Posting a pic of my black mophie juice pack plus and Disney carrying case.

iMore Forums app

Last edited by LVMHgirl; 08-21-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Added link
    08-21-2012 08:39 PM
    Personally I use an incipio feather most of the time but swap it out with my imitation bookbook I picked up off eBay. Paid 6 bucks for it shipped the lettering on the spine was upside down but wore off quickly. It might not be the same as the official bookbook. The I am able to stomach the price a lot better though, heh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-21-2012 10:39 PM
    Okay, I picked up a CaseCrown Chameleon case in purple/brown and it's too purdy on the white iPhone! $10.22 shipped from Amazon. :o I'll post pics soon.
    i looked this up on Amazon (you knew i couldnt resist, lol) and its really nice!! It actually looks just like the Incase metallic slider case that i had in pink, without the bigger price tag !!

Enjoy Brin, def looks like it will be really pretty on the white 4S

PS- my BookBook for my iPad1 will be here today cant wait !!
    08-22-2012 01:36 PM
    i looked this up on Amazon (you knew i couldnt resist, lol) and its really nice!! It actually looks just like the Incase metallic slider case that i had in pink, without the bigger price tag !!

Enjoy Brin, def looks like it will be really pretty on the white 4S

PS- my BookBook for my iPad1 will be here today cant wait !!
    I knew you would! Where'd you get the iPad 1 BookBook?! I want one, but they're not on the Twelvesouth site.
    08-22-2012 04:17 PM
    I knew you would! Where'd you get the iPad 1 BookBook?! I want one, but they're not on the Twelvesouth site.
    here's my matching set !! can i just tell you how much i LUUUURRRRVE the BookBook for my iPad

I will PM you the details of who, what & where, LOL.

LVMHgirl, Eileen89 and erwaso like this.
    08-22-2012 06:54 PM
    CUTE! Love the wallpapers
    08-22-2012 07:07 PM
    CUTE! Love the wallpapers
    thank you ame
    Last edited by Pink; 08-23-2012 at 05:50 AM.
    ame likes this.
    08-22-2012 07:13 PM
    I have had numerous cases but I have been on this naked kick lately cause I like the feel of the phone without a case on it. But my favorite case so far is the Otterbox Commuter case hands down.

DarkMx2000
    iPhone 4s
    ✿Sprint 5.1.1~White 16Gig✿
    08-24-2012 04:45 AM
    I just bought the Ballistic Shell Gel (SG) Series Case for my White 4S last night and I love it. The Black with White trim looks great on the White iPhone. I see on the website that there are other colors available so I might get the Pink & Black case at some point. iPhone 4/4S Case - Shell Gel (SG) Series from Ballistic | goballisticcase.com
    08-24-2012 09:17 AM
    I just bought the Ballistic Shell Gel (SG) Series Case for my White 4S last night and I love it. The Black with White trim looks great on the White iPhone. I see on the website that there are other colors available so I might get the Pink & Black case at some point. iPhone 4/4S Case - Shell Gel (SG) Series from Ballistic | goballisticcase.com
    okaaaaay Lady, you made this TOO tempting - LOL of course i had to click the link to check it out! What a nice case i LOVE the purple/teal combo.....do i dare say i may want ot seek that out for myself:o LOL

in all honesty, i do like the case/color but i couldnt part with my BookBook <3
    08-24-2012 09:23 AM
    okaaaaay Lady, you made this TOO tempting - LOL of course i had to click the link to check it out! What a nice case i LOVE the purple/teal combo.....do i dare say i may want ot seek that out for myself:o LOL
    LOL. Yeah that purple/teal combo looks good as well. I always thought the Ballistic case was big and bulky, but it's not.
    08-24-2012 09:41 AM
    LOL. Yeah that purple/teal combo looks good as well. I always thought the Ballistic case was big and bulky, but it's not.
    No it doesnt seem to be bulky. in fact to me, it seems to resemble the OB commuter series case, but better construction, especially with the additional corner guards
    08-24-2012 09:48 AM
    I picked up an Incipio StowAway in pink/gray today, just to have a change from my BookBook, but i'm still having separation anxiety from my BookBook LOL so i may be going right back to it soon.....idk, we'll see

I like the StowAway so far BUT my gripe with it is when you have 1, 2 or 3 cards in the hatch, the silicone on the front face of the phone starts to sit wonky. It actually gets pushed upward away from the shell, although the shell sits where its supposed to. If i take all 3 cards out, the silicone sits nicely into the shell like it was designed to be. (those of you that have the OB commuter with the shell not lining up to the silicone would understand what i mean here - same effect when 1-3 cards are inserted) I do however really like the whole idea of the case itself as it is a nice little case with the added perk of being a wallet as well......and well, for me these days - if i dont HAVE to carry a hangbag, i'd rather not lol.

One other thing i did notice, if you need to take a pic using the flash...it'll wash the pic out because of the thickness of the case. So this would be a downfall for anyone who uses their camera w/flash alot unfortunately

So, as of now, i like the case but still not sure if it'll be a keeper......
    Last edited by Pink; 09-07-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    09-07-2012 08:31 PM
    I have been liking my white iphone with a super slim case or even just naked lately, but picked up a pink/white OB Commuter case the other day....and I'm loving it!!! Not really bulky and love the 'surrounded protection'!
    09-08-2012 08:02 AM
    ive been rocking the lifeproof case in white for a couple weeks now. little water marking on the screen whichmay make me exchange it, but with my work being so dirty and harmful to a smartphone this gives me some unbelievable protection from everything without making the phone a brick.
    09-08-2012 09:36 AM
    I picked up an Incipio StowAway in pink/gray today, just to have a change from my BookBook, but i'm still having separation anxiety from my BookBook LOL so i may be going right back to it soon.....idk, we'll see

I like the StowAway so far BUT my gripe with it is when you have 1, 2 or 3 cards in the hatch, the silicone on the front face of the phone starts to sit wonky. It actually gets pushed upward away from the shell, although the shell sits where its supposed to. If i take all 3 cards out, the silicone sits nicely into the shell like it was designed to be. (those of you that have the OB commuter with the shell not lining up to the silicone would understand what i mean here - same effect when 1-3 cards are inserted) I do however really like the whole idea of the case itself as it is a nice little case with the added perk of being a wallet as well......and well, for me these days - if i dont HAVE to carry a hangbag, i'd rather not lol.

One other thing i did notice, if you need to take a pic using the flash...it'll wash the pic out because of the thickness of the case. So this would be a downfall for anyone who uses their camera w/flash alot unfortunately

So, as of now, i like the case but still not sure if it'll be a keeper......

SO, just an update to this: i went back to the shop i got the Incipio case from (yes they are legit) and showed them the issue - they said, "oh no, thats not suppose to happen. The one you purchased may be defective" So, they opened another one and i put it on, inserted my 3 cards into it, and all is good No more bulgy silicone popping up on the front face of the phone and the shell sits correctly over it as well

With the exchanged case sitting the way it should now, i like it a little more and looks like it will be a keeper to use in between my BookBook
    09-08-2012 12:47 PM
    so, while i'm a tad but jealous of some of the new colors & cases avail for the i5, I'm not getting one anytime soon--although I have started a little fund bucket for myself to have when I am ready to move on. BUT for now, you guys probably knew I couldn't resist LOL I bought 2 new cases for myself, well.....my 4S

some of you may know getting that custom from CaseMate a while back left a bad impression with me BUT they have redeemed themselves lol. No I didn't do a custom again, instead I bought 2 of their ready made cases. One is the Glam case in gold- very minimal style case and the gold looks hot on my white 4S. I also got the Barely There in pearl pink.....OK, can you say this screams MaryKay pink?!!! YAAAAAAAAAHHH!! Again, minimal style and LOVE LOVE LOVE this one to death lol. I had coupons for both, so I saved overall $15 on the purchase for them, and how could ya pass that up

I got bored of the zebra skin on my phone so I took that completely off and just have the sp's on it with the pearl pink case right now. I also put a leopard home button on to change that up too!!

I still use my BookBook because these cases are easy to put on/off, so easy peasy to just jump into my BookBook at any given moment!!
    09-29-2012 02:08 PM
    I use the Mophie juice pack pro it is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-29-2012 03:00 PM
    ive been rocking the lifeproof case in white for a couple weeks now. little water marking on the screen whichmay make me exchange it, but with my work being so dirty and harmful to a smartphone this gives me some unbelievable protection from everything without making the phone a brick.
    I tried out my sister's LP case for the past week and I'm not that impressed. I can't charge my phone with the case on and I'm scared that if I drop it, the screen will shatter. For the $80 that LifeProof charges, I expected more than a flimsy feeling plastic shell.

I will say I got caught in a monsoon of a rain storm a few nights ago while putting my horses up and the case was wet but the phone was fine.
    10-09-2012 11:13 AM
1,206 ... 4546474849
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD