I think if the hard part was less smooth it might work better for me, but that wasn't that big of a deal. What killed it for me aws that the silicone was just warped and wonky. I do like that the charging port and jack port are covered tho. I might need to see if I can find little doohickies to put in those that will work with the Candyshell.
    08-10-2012 03:03 PM
    Update on BookBook. My first one was approaching a year old and the phone was sliding up in the case and messing with the proximity sensor. I emailed Twelvesouth and sent the old one back for exchange. The new one doesn't cover the top front at all, above the PS, and the tab that holds the phone in place is longer and thicker. Now I love it again!! The whole process took 1 week from email. They're awesome!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    08-11-2012 07:23 AM
    I did it. I just bought the Mophie Juice Pack Pro. It's a but in the big side but for what I want it for its great. And the battery should last all weekend.

iPhone.
    08-11-2012 04:53 PM
    Update on BookBook. My first one was approaching a year old and the phone was sliding up in the case and messing with the proximity sensor. I emailed Twelvesouth and sent the old one back for exchange. The new one doesn't cover the top front at all, above the PS, and the tab that holds the phone in place is longer and thicker. Now I love it again!! The whole process took 1 week from email. They're awesome!
    Is it definately better than the original one. May have to gab one.

iPhone.
    08-11-2012 05:38 PM
    Is it definately better than the original one. May have to gab one.

iPhone.
    MUCH better! I wish I'd taken a picture of the original one I had for comparison. I'll snap a picture of the new one and add it to this post, shortly.
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 08-13-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    08-11-2012 07:11 PM
    MUCH better! I wish I'd taken a picture of the original one I had for comparison. I'll snap a picture of the new one and add it to this post, shortly.
    I'd like to see it also Brin I know the few Apple shops by me stopped selling them and about 3wks ago the Apple store had them on discontinued discounted pricing-I'm guessing that was the "old" version. I've been interested in getting one myself because I like the look of it. I wonder though, would my phone with the zebra skin fit into it?

I also went directly onto the TwelveSouth site last night, but I wouldn't know if the ones they have are the updated version or the older one. So I didn't order one.
    08-12-2012 09:31 AM
    I use a Navy Blue Casemate Barely-There. It's the older one so there's a hole on it for the Apple logo at the back. Fits great and it's 'protected' my phone during a few little drops. lol
    08-12-2012 05:44 PM
    I'd like to see it also Brin I know the few Apple shops by me stopped selling them and about 3wks ago the Apple store had them on discontinued discounted pricing-I'm guessing that was the "old" version. I've been interested in getting one myself because I like the look of it. I wonder though, would my phone with the zebra skin fit into it?

I also went directly onto the TwelveSouth site last night, but I wouldn't know if the ones they have are the updated version or the older one. So I didn't order one.
    Okay, the first photo is horrible, but you can see how close the case sits on top of the proximity sensor. (Had to find one online). The second photo is of the new one on my phone. It sits flush with the top edge of the phone. I'm going to say that Twelvesouth has replaced the old version, but they'll get right back to you if you email them. If you order from them, you can save tax and shipping is free.

Attachment 17979

Attachment 17980
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 08-13-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    08-13-2012 03:53 PM
    The only thing I continue to dislike about the BookBook is that you have to remove your phone to use the camera.
    08-13-2012 06:47 PM
    The only thing I continue to dislike about the BookBook is that you have to remove your phone to use the camera.
    Agreed. I'm rethinking the idea of modifying mine. I think sliding it out to take pictures is what caused the flap to weaken and thus my sensor issues.
    08-13-2012 08:56 PM
    Agreed. I'm rethinking the idea of modifying mine. I think sliding it out to take pictures is what caused the flap to weaken and thus my sensor issues.
    I've thought about the whole camera thing too. In all honesty, I really don't use my camera much at all, so in a nutshell this wouldn't be an issue for me. I can see how opening and refolding that flap down would cause the leather to loosen over a bit of time. I really like the look of the case, wallet, what ever you wanna call it lol. The ONLY problem I have now is I've gotten to the point within the past couple of days that I don't even have a bumper on my phone at all anymore. When I put the zebra skin on my phone I had the bumper on for just a few hours and then removed it completely and haven't put it back on since. I've gotten very comfortable using the phone caseless now a days, so IDK how much I'd actually use the BookBook at this point.

At any rate, I'm still deciding if I'd like to get it.....we shall see

Thanks for posting the pics also Brinda!!
    08-13-2012 09:47 PM
    I've thought about the whole camera thing too. In all honesty, I really don't use my camera much at all, so in a nutshell this wouldn't be an issue for me. I can see how opening and refolding that flap down would cause the leather to loosen over a bit of time. I really like the look of the case, wallet, what ever you wanna call it lol. The ONLY problem I have now is I've gotten to the point within the past couple of days that I don't even have a bumper on my phone at all anymore. When I put the zebra skin on my phone I had the bumper on for just a few hours and then removed it completely and haven't put it back on since. I've gotten very comfortable using the phone caseless now a days, so IDK how much I'd actually use the BookBook at this point.

At any rate, I'm still deciding if I'd like to get it.....we shall see

Thanks for posting the pics also Brinda!!
    You are most welcome! I'm looking at cases as I type this. It's a sickness! (((sigh)))
    08-13-2012 09:50 PM
    I like the NGP case by incipio. I've tried the speck candyshell as well as the case mate equivalent to candy shell. BOTH had an issue of flaking and it got rather annoying using my phone and having rough patches on the screen. So far this NGP case is doing the job.
    08-13-2012 11:39 PM
    I just bought a wonderful case in Maui by 808 Cases. Aluminum back with beautiful engravings and multiple colors. Very unique and non-bulky. Loving it!
    08-14-2012 01:49 AM
    I ordered this 10 days ago... and it looks really nice... fits perfectly to my phone...

iLive an iLife likes this.
    08-14-2012 01:41 PM
    I ordered this 10 days ago... and it looks really nice... fits perfectly to my phone...

Click to view quoted image
    Nice - hope you like it, especially after my recommendation! I have the gray and orange one. It really comes in handy!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    08-14-2012 02:29 PM
    Well Brinda & Alli, i was out shopping today because i was bored, lol. I came across a computer shop that was selling the BookBook at 30% off, so i grabbed it in the vintage brown. The opening up top is the larger one, but because it was the 'older' color thats why it was on clearance. The newer BookBooks have the black color block on the "BookBook" wording and the "XII" is in red block(confirmed this with 2 reps from TwelveSouth when i called). I made sure it was an authorized retailer for TwelveSouth first too. When i got home, i put my phone with a few cards, cash and dL into it. So far, i like it - i know the leather has to break in as well, and my phone fit into it with the zebra skin on it which actually looks pretty cute peeking through the leather holder Also, the nice thing about it is if i want to just use my phone naked i can still use the wallet the way it is.
    08-14-2012 08:55 PM
    Haha! Nice Pink! You know, I kinda thought the one they sent me looked a little different... It has the black and red you mentioned. Shows how much attention I pay!
    08-15-2012 06:48 AM
    question for you Otterbox peeps..

i have the commuter (for work) this morning i was putting it onto my phone and the left side (plastic piece) cracked/split. what are my options at this point, warranty?
    08-15-2012 10:04 AM
    Warranty would replace that, had the same exact thing happen to me a month or so ago
    08-15-2012 10:24 AM
    question for you Otterbox peeps..

i have the commuter (for work) this morning i was putting it onto my phone and the left side (plastic piece) cracked/split. what are my options at this point, warranty?
    Give them a call BLiNK... The silicone on my Defender case warped and was gaping over the home button... I had a replacement case in a week... Their customer service is top notch!!
    08-15-2012 12:29 PM
    I'm using this case I bought at Target for $25, it looks really pretty on my white 4S.

Philips SlimShell Grafik Case for iPhone4/4S - ... : Target
    08-15-2012 02:04 PM
    Last week sometime, before i got my BookBook, i ordered the Spigen SPG Neo hybrid ][S bumper series silicone & shell in sherbert pink & rec'd it yesterday. While i LOVED the color, i was not too impressed with the 2 piece bumper overall, and for $21 i dont feel its worth keeping...its going right back! The silicone piece of it seems just tooooo flimsy. I'm happier with my $2 bumpers from Amazon, lol.

Besides the fact, since i've put my phone into the BookBook, i'm actually having a hard time just to go without it & use just a bumper!! i LOVE the wallet/case that much

BTW, Alli or Brinda, since i know for sure you girls also have the BookBook. Have either one of you considered using mink oil or have you done so just to break in the leather a bit faster? Or have you used any other product to break it in quicker? (perhaps a coach leather product?) Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated
    08-17-2012 12:02 PM
    BTW, Alli or Brinda, since i know for sure you girls also have the BookBook. Have either one of you considered using mink oil or have you done so just to break in the leather a bit faster? Or have you used any other product to break it in quicker? (perhaps a coach leather product?) Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated
    Actually, I had the Little Black Book, since it has an opening for your camera. Never tried using anything on it. Alas, it was destroyed by some yutz of a security alarm installer, who managed to spill cleaning fluid everywhere and didn't bother mentioning that he'd done so. I lost my Little Black Book for iPhone and iPad, and a few other things I'd had sitting on top of my washing machine.
    08-17-2012 01:37 PM
    Actually, I had the Little Black Book, since it has an opening for your camera. Never tried using anything on it. Alas, it was destroyed by some yutz of a security alarm installer, who managed to spill cleaning fluid everywhere and didn't bother mentioning that he'd done so. I lost my Little Black Book for iPhone and iPad, and a few other things I'd had sitting on top of my washing machine.
    ahhhhhh....ok. I thought you had the black BookBook Sorry to hear it got destroyed on you that must've been a huge disappointment indeed. Did the technician even offer to replace it for you? It sounds like the logical thing to have been done, or at least the company to replace it, along with your other items that were ruined on top of your washing machine!

Just to add, i tried googling about using mink oil on it - so far i only came across one comment posted on the 'idownloadblog' on a review they did of it back in Aug.2011. The person posting only used it on the 'spine' of the bookbook with no harmful results.
    08-17-2012 01:58 PM
1,206 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD