oh, i'll take the drink indeed - i can't do anything alcoholic because of my diabetic meds, so i'll just take a nice refreshing unsweetened berry ice tea please
    Works for me! I'm a coffee junkie anyway.
    07-05-2012 02:44 PM
    Works for me! I'm a coffee junkie anyway.
    YaY !!

Brindawithani and Pink, you two are cracking me up!! Thank you for the laugh haha!!

I saw a Life Proof case yesterday for the first time. A buddy of mine from high school's birthday was yesterday. Every year his family has a massive cookout to celebrate the 4th (and there's always birthday cake). His sister had a white Life Proof. I have to say, that thing is sharp looking!! The only thing that bugged me was the rainbow/oil spill bubble that kept popping up in between the screen and the case. I've got to admit, after seeing one in person, I'm lusting for a Life Proof!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    at least we gave you a good laugh!!

I've got the white LP, but the built in SP doesnt have that rainbow-ie/oil spill look to it tho. But i do hear of people complaining about that.

I'll steer clear of that mophie then. Generally though, I've had nothing but success buying from CL. Shoot, that's where my old 4 and this 4s came from...as well as a host of other devices during my phone addiction days. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, then i'd have to say youve been very lucky with CL getting both your 4 & 4S there. I hear alot of horror stories of people using it and either 1) never rec'ing the items they have already paid for OR 2) rec'ing the item but in terrible or non working condition
    07-05-2012 03:16 PM

Well, then i'd have to say youve been very lucky with CL getting both your 4 & 4S there. I hear alot of horror stories of people using it and either 1) never rec'ing the items they have already paid for OR 2) rec'ing the item but in terrible or non working condition
    I'd have to say that's entirely their fault. All of my transactions are face to face so there's no shipping and receiving involved. I think somewhere on the site it warns about scams and paypal and shipping. When buying devices I ALWAYS request a pic of the MEID then I call Verizon and run a check on it. When I meet to transact I make sure that the MEID that they sent me is what's on the device they have in hand. If not, they're gonna wait until I call in a check on it.

Just gotta be smart about it...
    07-05-2012 03:33 PM
    I'd have to say that's entirely their fault. All of my transactions are face to face so there's no shipping and receiving involved. I think somewhere on the site it warns about scams and paypal and shipping. When buying devices I ALWAYS request a pic of the MEID then I call Verizon and run a check on it. When I meet to transact I make sure that the MEID that they sent me is what's on the device they have in hand. If not, they're gonna wait until I call in a check on it.

Just gotta be smart about it...
    And i will agree with you 100% here as well. TG no one i know family or friends has been burned by CL. Its just people i meet here and there.

My daughter bought her first car looking on CL and it was a great car for the time she had it BUT just like the few things you pointed out, we were very cautious as well
    07-05-2012 03:41 PM
    that looks very handy, especially for at night if you use your phone as an alarm clock (as i do) you'd be able to charge up too!! very nice LVMH

On another note -- i'm always searching out new cases (what else is newlol) has anyone seen these new Otterbox Defenders - studio series collection thats going to be avail soon? I cant wait till this is avail - i'm getting my hands on the 'celestial' color one

OB Defender Studio Series collection
    Thank you for searching out new cases I am about to order that celestial one myself LOL
    07-07-2012 03:05 PM
    that looks very handy, especially for at night if you use your phone as an alarm clock (as i do) you'd be able to charge up too!! very nice LVMH

On another note -- i'm always searching out new cases (what else is newlol) has anyone seen these new Otterbox Defenders - studio series collection thats going to be avail soon? I cant wait till this is avail - i'm getting my hands on the 'celestial' color one

OB Defender Studio Series collection
    I want that Celestial OB Defender so bad now!!!! Pretty!!!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    07-07-2012 10:06 PM
    Thank you for searching out new cases I am about to order that celestial one myself LOL
    your welcome !!

I know I love the color too!!
    07-08-2012 09:08 AM

I want that one too. That and the pink and black one.
    07-09-2012 04:41 PM
    I am starting to feel like my Candyshells are jinxing me. While I was in Chicago this weekend my phone had an Error 1 Firmware failure Friday night. Thankfully we were a block from Apple on Michigan Ave. I lost service around midnight and never got it back. I spent two hours with engineers from ATT again before we decided it had to be hardware bec both sims worked fine in other phones, none in mine. But yknow, have to go through everything. Apple tried wiping and rstoring, and that worked for about 30 seconds, just like the guy thought. He just had to do it for note taking. I ended up having to get a jump drive (I didn't bring mine) and get my pics off, so that I could at least have those...argh. Now ANOTHER new phone and Sim. Something is wrong somewhere. Not sure where. But something is wrong. I am curious if I can have my calls forwarded through ATT if I get a new number.
    07-10-2012 05:16 PM
    Ame, you have the most unusual issues with your iPhone that I've ever heard of, and I'm not trying to be a b!tch saying that either. I seriously haven't heard of some of them, like the "error 1 firmware failure" like, wtf does that even mean(I'm clueless to that one). Either your candyshells are jinxing you or you just happened to be getting the "lemons" of the bunch each time damn. How many replacements are you up to now, 9, 10? I honestly lost count.

You must have an immense(sp?) amount of patience, because honestly by the 3rd, maybe 4th replacement I probably would've changed device/platforms.

Could it possibly be an app that your not aware of causing the problem for you....I mean idk. Phones/computers can do odd things. Trust me I know, I booted up my XP the other day and I got a black screen with a message saying there's a corrupt or missing file system32 error. Just the day before I back my phone up, computer ran fine, shut down and all was well....go figure. Got someone coming on thurs to fix it.
    Last edited by Pink; 07-10-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    07-10-2012 06:43 PM
    Honestly, I think it's still on the ATT end. The number or the account. I think I am on like #14 or something. I NEVER had an issue til October when my 4 got stolen. It's been a mess since. The Apple store guy said this one is uncommon but not unheard of. He just said that it rarely affects the signalling portion. This he said has nothing to do with my account or number, it just went bad. He also said that this is probably what was being signaled when I was having the system apps crashing and it just crapped out eventually. I have had four that were just bad hardware, One had a charging issue, one had a weird dead thing happen to the screen in the bottom left. This was a new one and I can't remember what was wrong with the other. Eitehr way...fail. FAIL. FAIL FAIL FAIL.
    07-10-2012 06:56 PM
    omg, #14? damn woman, you certainly have patience!! As for your 4 being stolen AND then having issues - idk, is it possible the thief mucked with something on your acct? Is that even possible? I know AT&T probably told you no, right? I understand this one you just had was a total hardware issue, and i do rem you posting about your email app in specific crashing on you ALOT.

So now this replacement you have, you think somethings up with it too? I wonder if you were to really push AT&T and get a new number as a very last resort effort to stratighten all this muck out, would that make a difference for you - OR if you've just really been unlucky to get a lemon each time ??? I really hate to hear when anyone has a bad experience with any device, whether its a bb, iPhone, droid etc. it doesn't leave you feeling very 'warm & fuzzy' that you have a reliable device/platform.
    07-11-2012 08:30 AM
    I think a couple were legitimately lemons which is just how that goes, but I honestly believe there's something in my account somewhere. The first like 8 were related to the SIM frying the phone because it was looking for something that wasn't there. We have set up new accounts and ported the numbers, we have set up totally new accounts and numbers and I used that for a while, then swapped sims...we don't really know. I don't think the thief did anything to the account per se, I think that when we got the replacement we really messed it up. My friend offered to use her upgrade just so I wasn't shelling it out on vacation but no good deed goes unpunished and I think that was it. We made sure that my number was not tied to her account anymore but it's still a hot mess. My husband still thinks there's some setting that is checked or unchecked that needs fixed, and since he can actually VIEW my stuff he's actually been looking. Obviously both sides think it's the others' fault. Shocking I know.
    07-11-2012 09:22 AM
    Yea, unfortunately there are the few that slip through and dont function right unfortunately. What ever is going on with it all, hopefully you guys can get it worked out - the sooner the better. maybe your husband poking around in the acct can figure something out. I'm at a loss of ideas & it sounds like you guys have tried just about everything under the sun to fix this hot mess.....
    07-11-2012 04:51 PM
    Yea I am kind of sick of it. I don't know what else to do. He's out of ideas but thankfully he is able to poke and see if maybe some option is wrong. But I guess I keep tolerating. Wee.
    07-11-2012 10:38 PM
    So I just got the Elago S4 Glide case and I'm in love. My favorite case so far!

Attachment 17308

07-14-2012 07:10 AM
    So I just got the Elago S4 Glide case and I'm in love. My favorite case so far!

Attachment 17308

That color looks great on the White iPhone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-14-2012 07:54 AM
    nice heatherly!! enjoy!!

so, i was poking around on amazon doing a little case hunting - in the 'warehouse deals' section i came across a griffin survivor in the pink/white for $17 + $5 shipping!! Yep - i ordered it lol. It was a used like new condition - so prob someone that ordered it & didnt like it. So hey, for $22 i'll take it! Better than paying $50 on griffins site it has a 30 day return policy so if theres a prob with it i can send it back

I also rec'd my 'knock off'' pink/white defender type case from eBay yesterday - well, lets just say i'm not crazy about it. It does look exaclty like a defender, but for $6 it was obviously made cheaper lol. The outter silicone wasnt stiff like the ob def's are - it was more of a 'jelly style' silicone. the plastic shell is just like the def's, but the built in screen protector wasnt great at all-very thin. i did try it on my phone, but was not too happy with it - so it'll be going to donations

My next case purchase will be the ob defender studio one in 'celestial'
    07-14-2012 09:14 AM
    I've made another eBay purchase last weekend, prior to ordering & receiving my Griffin Survivor in pink/white (which i absolutely LOVE). Its an affordable version of Ion's Nouveau Art scroll case(which i refuse to pay $35+ for) that i got for $4.99 + free shipping, seller is out of CA. The case scrolling is hot metallic pink I like to call this my "iPhone's bikini" LOL because its so minimal - this case is clearly for appearance purposes only i think it looks very pretty and stunning on my white 4S, along with a hot pink leopard home button sticker & a pink crystal headphone dust plug(i can never get a good pic of it) - ready to paint the town (i removed my griffin survivor just for the photo shoot lol)

:oi dont remember who's blog i got the pink lep wp from, but TYVM to who shared it

and here's the link for the case if anyone is interested in ordering it
    hot pink hollow pattern iphone case
    07-20-2012 04:51 PM
    I've made another eBay purchase last weekend, prior to ordering & receiving my Griffin Survivor in pink/white (which i absolutely LOVE). Its an affordable version of Ion's Nouveau Art scroll case(which i refuse to pay $35+ for) that i got for $4.99 + free shipping, seller is out of CA. The case scrolling is hot metallic pink I like to call this my "iPhone's bikini" LOL because its so minimal - this case is clearly for appearance purposes only i think it looks very pretty and stunning on my white 4S, along with a hot pink leopard home button sticker & a pink crystal headphone dust plug(i can never get a good pic of it) - ready to paint the town (i removed my griffin survivor just for the photo shoot lol)

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

:oi dont remember who's blog i got the pink lep wp from, but TYVM to who shared it

and here's the link for the case if anyone is interested in ordering it
    hot pink hollow pattern iphone case
    Have you ordered the Celestial case yet? :-)
    07-23-2012 11:20 AM
    Have you ordered the Celestial case yet? :-)
    No Carolina, actually i haven't, but i did get the Griffin Survivor in pink/white last week and have been using it ever since then. I LOVE this case - i only removed it on Saturday to 'dress up' my phone for a social gathering we had and as soon as it was over, my Griffin went right back on

As much as i love the Griffin Survivor case, idk when or IF i'll even get that 'celestial' ob defender anymore!
    07-23-2012 12:14 PM
    No Carolina, actually i haven't, but i did get the Griffin Survivor in pink/white last week and have been using it ever since then. I LOVE this case - i only removed it on Saturday to 'dress up' my phone for a social gathering we had and as soon as it was over, my Griffin went right back on

As much as i love the Griffin Survivor case, idk when or IF i'll even get that 'celestial' ob defender anymore!
    I havent tried the Griffin cases... Yet LOL
    07-24-2012 09:37 AM
    Will the 4S use the same cases as the Verizon iPhone 4, the AT&T iPhone 4, or has something small changed which will necessitate a new case tweak?

Thanks!
    Nick

some iphone case yes, some no, like Soccer Ball iPhone 4/4S Case is not compatible with the Sprint or Verizon iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S but Element Case vapor comp for iPhone4 4S can, check out for more iphone case with theideasforgift online store and you'll know more
    07-24-2012 05:25 PM

Well I just got the purple Survivor case lol I will let you know how I like it!
    07-25-2012 01:31 PM
    Has anyone here used the Seidio Surface case (*cough*Pink*cough*)? I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 5 (or whatever it's called) later this year. I was thinking that getting the Surface case and one of their computer docks might be a nice setup since you can dock the phone while in its case. That + my iHome and I'll be set!!
    07-25-2012 07:29 PM
1,206 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD