I've had mine since just after Memorial Day and it's showing no signs of wear at all. The front and back are a satin finish (except white, which is smooth like CS) and the Air has a silver band which is smooth. I slide my red one all over my desk and there are no scratches. Candyshells seem to scratch just by breathing on them. If you pick one up from Target, you have 90 days to return it. My Target people opened the box and put it on my phone so I could see it first hand, even though I told them I wanted red and was ordering it somewhere else. The only thing I was concerned about was the top piece because I saw a YouTube video where someone pinched it too hard while removing it and it cracked. It doesn't require that much effort, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Questions are what forums are for, btw!
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 06-14-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    06-14-2012 10:51 PM
    Does the Mophie have a built in screen protector? I can't stand those DIY SPs.
    06-15-2012 11:35 AM
    You would have to take it off, but it's really easy to do. I finally ran through the Mophie battery and am now at 91% on my phone battery. I easily got 13/14 hours out of it. Using the phone battery first, I'd be at 20% by 4:00 pm and have to switch on the Mophie.
    Wow - you got 13/14 hrs out of your Air? thats great - i wonder what your usage could've been out of that total time too.

So i've never tried that method with my JP Plus, but i think i may give that a shot and see how i make out battery wise myself now

I've had mine since just after Memorial Day and it's showing no signs of wear at all. The front and back are a satin finish (except white, which is smooth like CS) and the Air has a silver band which is smooth. I slide my red one all over my desk and there are no scratches. Candyshells seem to scratch just by breathing on them. If you pick one up from Target, you have 90 days to return it. My Target people opened the box and put it on my phone so I could see it first hand, even though I told them I wanted red and was ordering it somewhere else. The only thing I was concerned about was the top piece because I saw a YouTube video where someone pinched it too hard while removing it and it cracked. It doesn't require that much effort, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Questions are what forums are for, btw!
    Also to add, i've had mine since mid April and it shows no signs of wear at all, and like Brinda, sometimes putting my phone down on the dr table or kitchen counter it slides across also. I tell ya, the Mophie case is made very well indeed, your right, the candyshells scratch soooo easily - its does get annoying considering how much we've paid for them!! I got rid of quiet a few of mine, and the few i have left i barely use anymore. BTW, the new $3 pink polka dotted case i got using it for the past week or so, the back has hardly ANY wear on it at all - its more resistant than a Speck candyshell is as far as physical wear goes

Does the Mophie have a built in screen protector? I can't stand those DIY SPs.
    Laura, the Mophies do NOT have built in sp's. its a 2 part case that your phone slides into. heres a link to the site to check'em out.
    Mophie Juice Pack Plus
    06-15-2012 01:05 PM
    Wow - you got 13/14 hrs out of your Air? thats great - i wonder what your usage could've been out of that total time too.

So i've never tried that method with my JP Plus, but i think i may give that a shot and see how i make out battery wise myself now
    Yes ma'am! I would guess that my total usage was 3/4 hours during that time. Keep in mind that I get horrible battery life @ work because of the lousy congested AT&T network where I work. My phone is always trying to connect so it's usually at 20% or less at the end of the work day with about an hour of use.
    06-15-2012 11:15 PM
    Yes ma'am! I would guess that my total usage was 3/4 hours during that time. Keep in mind that I get horrible battery life @ work because of the lousy congested AT&T network where I work. My phone is always trying to connect so it's usually at 20% or less at the end of the work day with about an hour of use.
    thats not bad at all then - as i do recall you saying your signal at work is not the greatest.

Also, I was bummed out the other night - i was using my Mophie and needed to snap a pic - keep in mind it was about 9pm - so i needed to use the flash the Mophie washed out the pic with the flash - i had to slide my phone up from the cases built in camera slot and THEN take my pic which came out perfectly after doing so. This was the first time i've had to use my flash with my phone in the Mophie and that just sucked BTW. So be on alert for this.
    06-17-2012 09:00 AM
    Mophie washed out the pic with the flash - i had to slide my phone up from the cases built in camera slot and THEN take my pic which came out perfectly after doing so. This was the first time i've had to use my flash with my phone in the Mophie and that just sucked BTW. So be on alert for this.
    Good to know. Thank you for the heads-up!
    06-17-2012 09:55 AM
    Good to know. Thank you for the heads-up!
    np at all!
    06-17-2012 09:51 PM
    That's weird about the pics because I used it at Duran Duran and the pics were great, although low light in the arena may have helped...

I'll know in september when I see DD again.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    06-17-2012 11:54 PM
    Hey all!! So a couple weeks ago, I won a Speck Golden Gate Bridge case in their "Make Your Spark" contest. Just wanted to post a couple pictures of the case. Unfortunately, I don't have one of my iPhone in the case (yet)!

Attachment 16688 Attachment 16689 Attachment 16690 Attachment 16691Attachment 16692

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iLive an iLife; 06-18-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    ame likes this.
    06-18-2012 09:15 AM
    Nice iLive! Congrats!!
    06-18-2012 09:55 AM
    nice iLive, congrats and enjoy!!
    06-18-2012 10:31 AM
    Wal-Mart had the Griffin Survivor cases on sale this weekend so I picked up one for my iPhone and I was unimpressed. It went back. the belt clip was way too flimsy and didn't even cover the whole screen. If something stabbed it, it'd go through the built in SP and right to my screen. That was a deal breaker for me.

But on a side note for all you Mophie users, Wal-Mart did have their own generic Mophie Juice Pack for about $45.

Back to Otterbox and Ballistics I stay.
    06-18-2012 03:50 PM
    .....But on a side note for all you Mophie users, Wal-Mart did have their own generic Mophie Juice Pack for about $45.
    reeeeeally.....hmmm. I'm gonna take a little look-see on Wal-Marts website because the closest one to me is about 45mins away

thanks for that little tid-bit of info Laura
    06-18-2012 07:40 PM
    Laura, was it the Incipio off the grid case?

PS - Pink, Amazon has those Incipio case for a lot cheaper than Walmart. I think I am definitely going to be picking up a battery case in the future (maybe if I upgrade to the new iPhone - if not, definitely for my 4S). Better start saving!!
    Last edited by iLive an iLife; 06-18-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    06-18-2012 10:02 PM

PS - Pink, Amazon has those Incipio case for a lot cheaper than Walmart. I think I am definitely going to be picking up a battery case in the future (maybe if I upgrade to the new iPhone - if not, definitely for my 4S). Better start saving!!
    i'm wondering if it was Incipio's also, but with that particular one, dont you need the actual 'grid' which plugs in, and with the case installed on your phone, all you need to do is lay your phone down on the gird without any cords for it to charge? I thought that was what the function of that Incipio was for....unless i'm mistakening it for a differnt Incipio case that perfoms like that.

iLive, as far as obtaining one of those from Amazon, you still need to be cautious buying one because you don't know if its a knock off etc. I've heard of a couple people that bought a Mophie from Amazon just to save a few bucks only to find after a couple of mths that the case is faulty because it was a knock off. If my memory is decent, I think I also rem reading a review on Amazon with the Mophie in regards to a similar situation....i can't recall exaclty.

I'd say, go with the authentic Mophie, but see if you could find a coupon code to use while ordering to save a few bucks Perhaps a phone call directly to Mophie speaking to a rep may get you a code. Worth a shot!
    06-19-2012 08:53 AM
    I got the sgp neo hybrid 2s and I have to say wow! Fits great and the included crystal clear for the front and back, are amazing fit perfect.
    06-19-2012 10:04 AM
    i'm wondering if it was Incipio's also, but with that particular one, dont you need the actual 'grid' which plugs in, and with the case installed on your phone, all you need to do is lay your phone down on the gird without any cords for it to charge? I thought that was what the function of that Incipio was for....unless i'm mistakening it for a differnt Incipio case that perfoms like that.

iLive, as far as obtaining one of those from Amazon, you still need to be cautious buying one because you don't know if its a knock off etc. I've heard of a couple people that bought a Mophie from Amazon just to save a few bucks only to find after a couple of mths that the case is faulty because it was a knock off. If my memory is decent, I think I also rem reading a review on Amazon with the Mophie in regards to a similar situation....i can't recall exaclty.

I'd say, go with the authentic Mophie, but see if you could find a coupon code to use while ordering to save a few bucks Perhaps a phone call directly to Mophie speaking to a rep may get you a code. Worth a shot!
    I know what you're thinking of - those special cases and charging mats for wireless charging. I don't think the Grid is for wireless charging. I looks to be a battery case like a Mophie (I just hoped onto their website). I'm not sure if it's this one or the "Pro" model, but one of them has an actual, removable, battery that's inserted into the case. I don't know how I feel about that.

I buy a lot from Amazon, but I am not purchasing any cases that could potentially be knock offs again! I really lucked out getting those legit CandyShells for cheap. I like to gamble but don't want to be stupid about it!! I definitely want to get a battery case at some point in the near future. I actually just picked up another freelance client (which means more calls and emails), so it would be awesome not having to always be plugged into the wall or my car.
    06-19-2012 10:16 AM

I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't one of those ones you put your phone on a charging mat. It was one of the ones like Mophie that you slide your phone in to, hit the home button and it charges. I'll be at Wal-Mart today or tomorrow for dog food so I'll snap a pic and post here when I do.
    06-19-2012 11:40 AM
    Thanks for the tip ilive saw the off grid case on amazon for a round 34 dollars might pick one up .. I used to have a mophie jp air but it was too bulky and I thought it was ugly and sold it but the off grid look great and slim but read some reviews saying it only gives about a 60% charge
    06-19-2012 11:45 AM
    No problem knight! I'm pretty sure those cases are sold directly from Amazon, so you shouldn't have a problem with receiving a knockoff. Just make sure that whatever you purchase is "sold and shipped by Amazon" and isn't "sold by *insert shady company name here* and fulfilled by Amazon."

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-19-2012 05:43 PM
    Thanks for the tip ilive saw the off grid case on amazon for a round 34 dollars might pick one up .. I used to have a mophie jp air but it was too bulky and I thought it was ugly and sold it but the off grid look great and slim but read some reviews saying it only gives about a 60% charge
    I had one when it was first released and thats about right 60% from dead. I swear the battery is much smaller then 1450mah. The case is slim so is the battery.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    06-19-2012 05:55 PM
    Attachment 16731and it says shipped and sold from amazon
    06-19-2012 06:15 PM
    Attachment 16731and it says shipped and sold from amazon
    I just doubled checked on Amazon and you should be safe with that one! It's sold directly from Amazon, so it's definitely legit. For that price, I might pick one up as well!
    06-19-2012 07:03 PM
    Rocking it naked with front a back protectors... this phone is too nice to keep a case on it. Also, what's the point of having AppleCare+ if I don't take a risk with it, right? Haha
    06-19-2012 10:32 PM
    thats not bad at all then - as i do recall you saying your signal at work is not the greatest.

Also, I was bummed out the other night - i was using my Mophie and needed to snap a pic - keep in mind it was about 9pm - so i needed to use the flash the Mophie washed out the pic with the flash - i had to slide my phone up from the cases built in camera slot and THEN take my pic which came out perfectly after doing so. This was the first time i've had to use my flash with my phone in the Mophie and that just sucked BTW. So be on alert for this.
    Was it a white Mophie by chance? The reason I ask is I have the juice pack plus in black as well as the plus outdoor edition and neither one have caused washout with flash usage. From the pics on Mophie site it seems like the flash ring maybe of a higher gloss finish than on the black one I have.
    06-20-2012 12:18 AM
1,206 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD