Haha I've never heard it called the "storm trooper" look before - I like it!! I think it's a very slick combination, the black with the white. I went to the Pirates' baseball game last night and the guy sitting across from me had a white iPhone with a black case, that looked nice too!

I'll post some pictures next week whenever the GGB case shows up. I probably won't end up using it because it's a limited edition case. It also drives me crazy when a CandyShell gets scuffed up (I love that the white CS doesn't show marks).
    06-09-2012 09:29 PM
    Anyone try this? http://www.desmay.com/

Sent via tapatalk
    06-09-2012 09:35 PM
    Anyone try this? Desmay - Site

Sent via tapatalk

The only real complaint I could see is that the case doesn't cover the screen at all. It stops at the steel band around the phone. If you like to flip your phone over so it's not a distraction, I'd probably pick up a screen protector too.

The only other thing I'd like to mention is the small camera cutout. Usually when the cutout is small, it causes the flash to overexpose the picture. I'm thinking that probably won't happen since the case is so thin, but I'm not 100% sure.
    06-09-2012 09:53 PM
    The only real complaint I could see is that the case doesn't cover the screen at all. It stops at the steel band around the phone. If you like to flip your phone over so it's not a distraction, I'd probably pick up a screen protector too.

The only other thing I'd like to mention is the small camera cutout. Usually when the cutout is small, it causes the flash to overexpose the picture. I'm thinking that probably won't happen since the case is so thin, but I'm not 100% sure.
    I have zagg on the front and back so I'm good there I just want a thin nice lookin case that doesnt feel like cheap plastic

Sent via tapatalk
    06-10-2012 12:48 AM
    Thinking about ordering a Incipio step case black
    06-10-2012 01:14 AM
    I have zagg on the front and back so I'm good there I just want a thin nice lookin case that doesnt feel like cheap plastic

Sent via tapatalk
    Case Mate makes a "Barely There" case, the quality is good and they are pretty cheap on Amazon (Amazon.com: Case-Mate Barely There Slim Case for iPhone 4 / 4S: Cell Phones & Accessories). Are you set on plastic? They also make a "Barely There Brushed Aluminum" case too. A buddy of mine has it and he really likes it (Amazon.com: Case-Mate CM014540 Barely There Brushed Aluminum Case for iPhone 4 / 4S: Cell Phones & Accessories). He has the black one. The sides feel a little cheap but the back looks great! I'd recommend that!
    06-10-2012 02:43 PM
    Haha I've never heard it called the "storm trooper" look before - I like it!! I think it's a very slick combination, the black with the white. I went to the Pirates' baseball game last night and the guy sitting across from me had a white iPhone with a black case, that looked nice too!

I'll post some pictures next week whenever the GGB case shows up. I probably won't end up using it because it's a limited edition case. It also drives me crazy when a CandyShell gets scuffed up (I love that the white CS doesn't show marks).
    yes, the 'storm trooper' look lol. I'm sure you've seen StarWars, and as far as where i live goes, its known as that

Wait?!? your not even going to use your GGB cs flip? You have to at least sport it for a week and show it off to all of your friends But, as far as the scratching up on the back, YES i know what you mean - it drives me bananas too!! unfortunately nothing you can do about it-your right tho, the white ones dont show up as bad.
    06-10-2012 08:27 PM
    so, i finally rec'd my pink polka dotted case & i also ordered 2 packs home button stickers as well. I'm completely matched up !! Totally love it !!

The case was the best $3 in total i ever spent, and each pack of buttons were about $1.20!!

Click to view quoted image

Wow! Soooo cute! Love the matching background!!!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    06-11-2012 05:58 AM
    Looove it, Pink! I'm really digging my Mophie. To be honest, it's been so crazy @ work and home (weddings and grad parties every weekend) that I barely have time for a charge... Haven't looked at the forums all weekend.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    06-11-2012 07:11 AM
    Wow! Soooo cute! Love the matching background!!!
    Looove it, Pink! I'm really digging my Mophie. To be honest, it's been so crazy @ work and home (weddings and grad parties every weekend) that I barely have time for a charge... Haven't looked at the forums all weekend.
    thaaanks girls !! i'm totally digging it too

As for the Mophie, it is a great thing isn't it Brin? I don't always keep mine on my phone, but i always have that baby charged up so its ready to go when i need it
    06-11-2012 08:40 AM
    ^^ yep! I'd be phoneless if it weren't for my Mophie! Met a 70 year old with a black iPhone/ Mophie at a party yesterday. Gotta love it when the older crowd has it "going on" with their electronics! I'm not saying its altogether unusual, but it is with the folks I know.
    06-11-2012 11:12 AM
    Brinda, how much time do you get out of the Mophie with heavy use? I was doing a lot of texting, emailing and calling today and I killed my battery by 5:00. I might be getting the new iPhone (contingent on these new Verizon data share plans) and think I might opt for a Mophie. Also, is it easy to take the case off (for docking)?

Also, how do you go about charging it? Can you charge the case and phone separately? Sorry for the onslaught of questions, I've always wondered about how these things worked.

(Pink, or anyone else with a Mophie, feel free to chime in!)
    Last edited by iLive an iLife; 06-12-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    06-12-2012 08:41 PM
    Brinda, how much time do you get out of the Mophie with heavy use? I was doing a lot of texting, emailing and calling today and I killed my battery by 5:00. I might be getting the new iPhone (contingent on these new Verizon data share plans) and think I might opt for a Mophie. Also, is it easy to take the case off (for docking)?

Also, how do you go about charging it? Can you charge the case and phone separately? Sorry for the onslaught of questions, I've always wondered about how these things worked.

(Pink, or anyone else with a Mophie, feel free to chime in!)
    iLive,

The Air charges back to 100% from about 20% with a little left over. It is really easy to take off/put on, just be gentle with the top. It comes with a micro USB that charges both the case and phone and while they are charging at the same time, the phone tops off first, IMO. And you can absolutely charge them separately. I'm getting 2 days before having to plug it in again. I love it!

I'd have probably gone with the plus but I went for form over function. :o
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 06-13-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    06-13-2012 10:11 AM
    iLive,

The Air charges back to 100% from about 20% with a little left over. It is really easy to take off/put on, just be gentle with the top. It comes with a micro USB that charges both the case and phone and while they are charging at the same time, the phone tops off first, IMO. And you can absolutely charge them separately. I'm getting 2 days before having to plug it in again. I love it!

I'd have probably gone with the plus but I went for form over function. :o
    iLive, this is how i use my MP Plus also - Its a 'slider' type of case, so your phone will easily slide in/out with no effort really. Because the inside of the Mophie is a matte black with a 'velvety' type texture to it, your phone, sides & back will NOT get scratched up. I also use it to charge up when i'm at 20%, ive never let my phone go lower than that, although i prob do have enough if i were to let it run down to 10% but i dont. After charging up from the Mophie I also have some left over as well. The only difference between the Air & the Plus - the Air is a 1500mAh & thinner, whereas the Plus is 2000 mAh & thicker. I normally use my Mophie to charge my phone up after 2 days and then remove it to plug the Mophie in seperatly to have it charged back up and ready to go again. But, like Brinda pointed out, you could leave the case on your phone and charge both up together - the iPhone will charge first, then the Mophie will.

Another way to use the Mophie is to have your phone at 100%, and instead of letting the battery run down till you need the Mophie, you can turn the Mophie ON and use it all up first, then it will 'jump' to your phone battery. I've never done this so I cant say how long the Mophie lasts doing it that way.
    06-13-2012 11:34 AM
    Thanks Brinda and Pink!! I had no idea that the Mophie "charged" the iPhone. I always assumed that the iPhone took the battery from the case first then worked off the internal battery. Really interesting!! I'm definitely going to think about getting one for either my 4S or the new iPhone (if that works out).

PS - Pink, I got my GGB case today. I'll get some pictures up by the end of the week!
    06-13-2012 08:05 PM
    If you use your juice pack first and then your battery I get about 12 hours out of the plus. Doing this makes it last longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-13-2012 09:32 PM
    If you use your juice pack first and then your battery I get about 12 hours out of the plus. Doing this makes it last longer.

Whoa, you get 12 hours out of JUST the juice pack!? I don't think I would ever have to worry about running out of battery again...
    06-13-2012 09:43 PM
    Yup. That's using it first. If you se the iPhone first then charge it off the mophie you don't get as long. Also that's the plus with a 2000 ma battery.

06-13-2012 09:48 PM
    Zerog, you blew my mind with that usage! I can't believe it!! I use my phone constantly (I'm finishing up my Master's and do freelance marketing work). Between client emails/calls, texting, social media and keep up with friends, I'm charging my phone up by 5. The Mophie sounds like just what I need!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-13-2012 11:31 PM
    Case Mate makes a "Barely There" case, the quality is good and they are pretty cheap on Amazon (Amazon.com: Case-Mate Barely There Slim Case for iPhone 4 / 4S: Cell Phones & Accessories). Are you set on plastic? They also make a "Barely There Brushed Aluminum" case too. A buddy of mine has it and he really likes it (Amazon.com: Case-Mate CM014540 Barely There Brushed Aluminum Case for iPhone 4 / 4S: Cell Phones & Accessories). He has the black one. The sides feel a little cheap but the back looks great! I'd recommend that!
    I have that exact brushed aluminum case. Its nice enough and looks good but I tried to take it off my phone for the first time and it cracked effortlessly. I contacted the Amazon seller and they are sending me a free replacement so that's cool.

Another issue is that the barely there case is a bit slippery. I've almost dropped it several times. I finally decided to take it off (then I broke it) and put my inCase one back on for now. A little thicker for better protection but certainly better grip thanks to the rubber edges.
    06-13-2012 11:47 PM
    Edd, he offered to sell me his case but wouldn't let me put it on the phone because it was so hard to get off. I passed on that deal haha.

06-14-2012 09:08 AM
    I decided to try this today. Unplugged my phone at 6:30 am. It's 4:50 pm and I'm at 100% with 2 of 4 lights showing on the Mophie. This is much better than the other way! Thank you zerog!
    06-14-2012 04:52 PM
    I can't get over these juice pack battery stories!! I have an iHome clock radio, so if I scooped a Mophie up, I'd have to take the case off each night (unless it has a dock connector on the bottom). That would be amazing - using my Mophie with the iHome. I'd be in heaven!
    06-14-2012 09:37 PM
    I can't get over these juice pack battery stories!! I have an iHome clock radio, so if I scooped a Mophie up, I'd have to take the case off each night (unless it has a dock connector on the bottom). That would be amazing - using my Mophie with the iHome. I'd be in heaven!
    You would have to take it off, but it's really easy to do. I finally ran through the Mophie battery and am now at 91% on my phone battery. I easily got 13/14 hours out of it. Using the phone battery first, I'd be at 20% by 4:00 pm and have to switch on the Mophie.
    06-14-2012 10:04 PM
    Oh well of I can heavily use my phone and make it through a full day, it's worth the investment!! Sorry for the million question about this. Are there any parts that could wear out from taking the case off daily? The rubber edging on my CandyShell Flip started to come off from taking the phone in and out so much.

06-14-2012 10:21 PM
1,206 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD