http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Products...mUvbUpU1878857

Is this real or knockoff ?

Sent from my iPad HD! using Tapatalk
    There's no real way to tell from the listing. I bought a $5 CandyShell from Amazon and it was real. From what I've heard, I was the exception, not the rule. I've heard the knockoffs looks REALLY good, they are just made from a lower grade silicone and plastic. I would probably skip this case and just buy an authentic case from Speck.

PS - If you submit a "spark (the Speck logo that looks like an asterisk)" today (last day) on their Facebook page, they'll send you a 15% off coupon.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-28-2012 12:56 PM
    Rodger, that looks AWESOME!! Would an official Apple bumper work with that carbon set up?

05-28-2012 12:57 PM
    Love the Mophie Juice Pack Air I just got from the iMore store! http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?p=1879289

via Tapatalk
    05-29-2012 07:52 PM
    And their customer service is awesome.

iPhone.
    05-29-2012 10:39 PM
    Just got a Glacier Defender and my black 4S looks soooo fresh dressed in that thing. Was previously rocking the black on black Defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-30-2012 09:29 PM
    Just got a Glacier Defender and my black 4S looks soooo fresh dressed in that thing. Was previously rocking the black on black Defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree !! I also have that color for my white 4S and it looks sharp indeed
    05-31-2012 07:51 AM
    Alright, I bit the bullet and got an OB Defender in Night Sky at Best Buy. I really don't know why i was even second guessing buying one. It is a fantastic case. I've only had it for a day but so far this is my favorite case that I own. It adds the perfect amount of bulk. It makes the phone feel great to hold and adds a nice weight to it. I love this case!
    05-31-2012 01:19 PM
    Does anyone have a review on the SwitchEasy eclipse? Personal thoughts on the product?

Also, does anyone have the white version? Have you found it to stay clean?

Thanks.
    05-31-2012 02:34 PM
    Alright, I bit the bullet and got an OB Defender in Night Sky at Best Buy. I really don't know why i was even second guessing buying one. It is a fantastic case. I've only had it for a day but so far this is my favorite case that I own. It adds the perfect amount of bulk. It makes the phone feel great to hold and adds a nice weight to it. I love this case!
    I got my first Otterbox yesterday (the grey/white Defender). Wasn't too sure about it when I ordered it. Thought it would be bulky and difficult to use. Boy was I wrong. This is an awesome case, I feel like I have a whole new phone.
    05-31-2012 02:50 PM
    Anyone here using an Otterbox Reflex? How do you like it?

GroupMe group for technology and Apple events https://groupme.com/g/2206765
    05-31-2012 03:59 PM
    Anyone here using an Otterbox Reflex? How do you like it?

Rayz, I was looking at getting a Reflex case awhile back. Apparently there is a problem where the case will scratch the steel band around the phone. When I heard that, I bagged it and went with the Defender. OtterBox just put out a few new colors of the Reflex style, maybe they fixed the issue?

05-31-2012 04:10 PM
    Rayz, I was looking at getting a Reflex case awhile back. Apparently there is a problem where the case will scratch the steel band around the phone. When I heard that, I bagged it and went with the Defender. OtterBox just put out a few new colors of the Reflex style, maybe they fixed the issue?

Thanks, I didn't know that. I'm looking at the new gray and black one for my white iPhone 4S. Hopefully they have fixed it.

05-31-2012 04:19 PM
    Thanks, I didn't know that. I'm looking at the new gray and black one for my white iPhone 4S. Hopefully they have fixed it.

rayz, i was just actually on OB.com and there is a new review from May 15th & the user complained of the metal band on his phone got scratched up....maybe a good idea to pass on this on and try the Commuter case instead? I've heard people like that one as well
    05-31-2012 05:02 PM
    rayz, i was just actually on OB.com and there is a new review from May 15th & the user complained of the metal band on his phone got scratched up....maybe a good idea to pass on this on and try the Commuter case instead? I've heard people like that one as well
    Thanks, Pink.

05-31-2012 06:57 PM
    That's such a shame that it scratches the band up like that... I would love a Reflex case, but I don't want ANY case that's going to damage the phone it's suppose to be protecting!

Pink, do you have a new Commuter case (with the larger cut out and "Made in the USA" silicone)?

I love the Commuter style but I had an issue with that case as well (which is why I ultimately went with a Defender). The silicone inserts are now made in the US and not China like they used to be. A couple issues with that now. The new silicone is no where near as flexible as the old silicone. This is actually a good and bad thing. The good: the outer shell won't lose it's shape as easily since it's stiffer. The bad: It's extremely hard to get the inner silicone and outer hard plastic shell to align properly and sit flush with each other. I ordered the Green/Gray Commuter in October, could never get the 2 pieces together right and ended up having to return it (the case bulged because it wasn't put together properly). I tried finding a picture or video, explaining what I mean, but I couldn't find anything. I see that your service provider is Verizon. They sell OtterBoxes in their corporate stores. I'd swing by and take a look at them. I don't know how exactly this happened, but my Mum got an older, "Made in China," case from the Verizon store. It fits like a glove on her 4S.
    05-31-2012 09:57 PM
    I have the ocean blue commuter case and I love it. It's a nice change from the bulky Defender case
    05-31-2012 11:29 PM
    That's such a shame that it scratches the band up like that... I would love a Reflex case, but I don't want ANY case that's going to damage the phone it's suppose to be protecting!

Pink, do you have a new Commuter case (with the larger cut out and "Made in the USA" silicone)?

I love the Commuter style but I had an issue with that case as well (which is why I ultimately went with a Defender). The silicone inserts are now made in the US and not China like they used to be. A couple issues with that now. The new silicone is no where near as flexible as the old silicone. This is actually a good and bad thing. The good: the outer shell won't lose it's shape as easily since it's stiffer. The bad: It's extremely hard to get the inner silicone and outer hard plastic shell to align properly and sit flush with each other. I ordered the Green/Gray Commuter in October, could never get the 2 pieces together right and ended up having to return it (the case bulged because it wasn't put together properly). I tried finding a picture or video, explaining what I mean, but I couldn't find anything. I see that your service provider is Verizon. They sell OtterBoxes in their corporate stores. I'd swing by and take a look at them. I don't know how exactly this happened, but my Mum got an older, "Made in China," case from the Verizon store. It fits like a glove on her 4S.
    iLive, I did have a hot pink/white commuter for only a couple days back a few mths ago. I unfortunately had the same issue you did - the plastic over lay would not sit completely into the silicone shell and it annoyed the he11 outta me, so i returned mine as well. Unfortunately I did overall like the color/function of the case.

As for the Reflex case, its unfortunate as well with the scratching issue on the metal band of the phone because i did consider it for myself as well....not now though!! I dont want to risk scratching the sides of my phone so i'll pass on it.....
    06-01-2012 08:35 AM
    Thanks, Pink.

your welcome Rayz!
    06-01-2012 08:36 AM
    Yeah, I don't know what the deal is with those!! I've heard if you "massage" the silicone it will fit better with the hard plastic shell. That seems kind of crazy that you have to prep a case before putting it on!
    06-01-2012 04:07 PM
    Yeah, I don't know what the deal is with those!! I've heard if you "massage" the silicone it will fit better with the hard plastic shell. That seems kind of crazy that you have to prep a case before putting it on!
    lmao! i've never heard that one, and really......who the fork wants to spend time 'working' their case so it fits properly!! that is nutz !! lol
    06-01-2012 05:29 PM
    well...i rec'd my DIY case from CaseMate today. I'm pretty disappointed for 2 reasons. 1) the way CaseMate set the image. if you look at the sides of my phone, the dots are stretched out - it looks terrible and 2) the color pink it came out was not the same color as the image i used - it came out darker and kinda coral colored, although it is still pink. (the dots on the back look fine tho)

(see my attached image for the stretched dots on the side i'm talking about-it happened on both sides)

If anyone decides to go this route with CaseMate using the DIY, be careful what image you choose. I knew there were no refunds, BUT I had faith the case would come out better looking!! I'm really disappointed, $40, I chose the tough case style, which overall I do like the style of the case itself. I've already emailed CaseMate about this. I dont expect perfection but the color wasnt close and the stretched dots.....
    Last edited by Pink; 06-01-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    06-01-2012 06:34 PM
    The color is still nice, but I bet you were disappointed when it wasn't what you wanted. I'd definitely be angry too - the "dots" (er, ovals) look really strange on the side. I can only imagine how strange the circles on the back vs ovals on the side look. Maybe Case Mate will give you a coupon code or something for your defect?

So I just got an email from Speck. I entered into their "make your spark" contest this past weekend. I threw together an EXTREMELY lame "spark" (their logo). It was just paint on a palette in the shape of their logo. TBH, I just threw something together quick and kind of sloppy because they were giving away 15% off coupons to anyone who submitted a spark. Well I got an email today and apparently my spark was ranked as one of the top 75 and I won a free Golden Gate Bridge CandyShell Flip case!! My birthday is on Sunday, so I guess this is an early gift haha!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    06-01-2012 06:53 PM
    Pink, "no refunds" is BS! Those are NOT dots! I get why they have that policy. It's for people who pick something that they just end up not liking because they don't know how to design something. Did I mention that those are NOT dots. That's THEIR bad, not yours.

So I just got an email from Speck. *I entered into their "make your spark" contest this past weekend. *I threw together an EXTREMELY lame "spark" (their logo). *It was just paint on a palette in the shape of their logo. *TBH, I just threw something together quick and kind of sloppy because they were giving away 15% off coupons to anyone who submitted a spark. *Well I got an email today and apparently my spark was ranked as one of the top 75 and I won a free Golden Gate Bridge CandyShell Flip case!! *My birthday is on Sunday, so I guess this is an early gift haha!
    NICE! Congrats!
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 06-01-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    06-01-2012 10:16 PM
    Pink, "no refunds" is BS! Those are NOT dots! I get why they have that policy. It's for people who pick something that they just end up not liking because they don't know how to design something. Did I mention that those are NOT dots. That's THEIR bad, not yours.
    Agreed. Pink should be able to get a full refund based on the fact that it looks like false advertising.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    06-02-2012 08:04 AM
    Ty ladies & gentlemen for your support. I'm actually pretty upset by this, and in addition to my email I sent off to Case Mate last night, I will be putting in a phone call as well - either this weekend if they have hours avail or on Monday morning. I'm going to try to get a refund just based on the fact that I'm completely dis-satisfied & I will gladly send this case back to them!! the strange thing is the dots on the back are as they should be, but it appears as if they stretched the image I used to fit the sides of the phone, hence causing the dots to become oval un-fokking-believable!!

He11, I would've been better off buying the Kate Spade pink with white polka dotted silicone case from the Apple store for $35 instead !! at least all the dots are as they should be!!
    06-02-2012 08:58 AM
1,206 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD