Costalmama: That hole near the headphone jack isn't for headphones, it's to leave the microphone open so when you record video the sound isn't muffled. I think all OtterBox cases have flaps that physically cover the headphone jack. I have the same case/color and mines the same way!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-22-2011 11:11 PM
    But the commuter case the silicone cutout for the silent toggle is much bigger die to thy moved it ever so slightly down on the device
    if you buy the "verizon" iphone 4 defender it fits perfect..
    11-22-2011 11:30 PM
    Why is this not in the accessories section?
    11-22-2011 11:40 PM
    if you buy the "verizon" iphone 4 defender it fits perfect..
    This is true BUT otterbox is discontinuing that case I'm sure you're aware in favor of the new model
    11-22-2011 11:42 PM
    Why is this not in the accessories section?
    You're right ... Good point lol
    11-22-2011 11:43 PM
    Yea I agree the OB defender is bulky but I have to admit I love the pink/white one of it but idt id ever use it
    I have the OB Commuter and love it so far. My daughter uses the Defender and yes it is so bulky. Not my style but SHE definitely needs that bulk. She's a clutz. I'm just happy that she likes it too because she usually swaps cases constantly. But it's been a month and she's kept it on. It's pink/white as well. I wish OB would sell just the rubber inner part for the Commuter, in different colors. Maybe a light pink to go with the dark pink hard outer case. Idk but the white rubber on this thing is not going to stay white forever.
    11-23-2011 03:43 AM
    I used to put OB Defenders on my Blackberries but decided to go with a Lifeproof case for my 4s. I've found that for me all the silicone on the exterior made it a pain to pull the phone from my pocket. The Lifeproof case only has it on the rim on the front, so it fits my preference more
    11-23-2011 06:48 AM
    I have the OB Commuter and love it so far. My daughter uses the Defender and yes it is so bulky. Not my style but SHE definitely needs that bulk. She's a clutz. I'm just happy that she likes it too because she usually swaps cases constantly. But it's been a month and she's kept it on. It's pink/white as well. I wish OB would sell just the rubber inner part for the Commuter, in different colors. Maybe a light pink to go with the dark pink hard outer case. Idk but the white rubber on this thing is not going to stay white forever.
    That's great that she keeps it on to protect her iPhone

As for the silicone inner part, I agree with you for hoping they'd sell colors separate. I have an incipio silicrylic which is the same I believe, has the silicone inner with a plastic covering, and I'd LOVE to be able to get a white inner with a baby pink covering. Or even an all white inner/covering. I just think the white looks soo crisp and clean I do have an all white cover I ordered thru accessory geeks, and I know I'm gonna be wiping that sucker down almost every day just to keep it looking good. Oh well !!
    11-23-2011 08:24 AM
    Well after having the Commuter pink over white rubber for a wk or so, the white isn't a whole lot noticably dirty. However, it is getting dirty and yellowish tinge. It's not really noticable until you take the hard pink cover off and look at the white rubber. I washed it with just soap and water and that seemed to help very little. I looked on the OB site and there is a lil hope for eventually getting replacement parts. The Q&A section answers a question about it saying they've gotten many requests and are looking in to it. If they'd just hurry already!
    11-25-2011 03:30 AM
    That's great that she keeps it on to protect her iPhone

As for the silicone inner part, I agree with you for hoping they'd sell colors separate. I have an incipio silicrylic which is the same I believe, has the silicone inner with a plastic covering, and I'd LOVE to be able to get a white inner with a baby pink covering. Or even an all white inner/covering. I just think the white looks soo crisp and clean I do have an all white cover I ordered thru accessory geeks, and I know I'm gonna be wiping that sucker down almost every day just to keep it looking good. Oh well !!
    I noticed the Incipio has a small surrounding the camera. Have you noticed any issues with the flash. All the other cases are being upgraded to have the larger cutout area. I like this case and they're on sale for $20.99 but I don't know about the camera cutout.
    11-25-2011 03:46 AM
    I noticed the Incipio has a small surrounding the camera. Have you noticed any issues with the flash. All the other cases are being upgraded to have the larger cutout area. I like this case and they're on sale for $20.99 but I don't know about the camera cutout.
    Hi hunoosh, sorry just saw your post today. As for the cut out, I have to be honest I only used the case for about a week to change to my HK pink one:o but when I did use it I don't recall any issues taking pix with it.

My daughters white 4S is coming tomorrow and she's swiping the incipio from me, and she loves to take pix so I can update my post and LYK how her pix come out with the case on

On another note, my SwitchEasy case in milk white is on backorder and they don't know an estimated date so I'll be canceling that order for now
    Last edited by Pink; 11-27-2011 at 05:43 PM.
    hunoosh likes this.
    11-27-2011 05:40 PM
    I had the otterbox commuter case but ended up swapping it for a Speck case which I found was really nice since I liked the 1 piece case. Ended up ordering a Speck case which holds 3 cards. It's slightly larger and bulkier than my other speck and otterbox but I like that I can carry my cc, drivers license, and gym membership with me all the time.
    11-27-2011 05:54 PM
    I had the otterbox commuter case but ended up swapping it for a Speck case which I found was really nice since I liked the 1 piece case. Ended up ordering a Speck case which holds 3 cards. It's slightly larger and bulkier than my other speck and otterbox but I like that I can carry my cc, drivers license, and gym membership with me all the time.
    I was just reading some threads on MacRumors that some people really like the Speck cases. I think I'm gonna check out the Burton series of the Speck & possibly get one of those.

That one you have sounds nice also, that would come in handy for me as well to hold a dl & debit card
    11-27-2011 06:13 PM
    Maybe my problem isn't the cases but the color. Lol. I am waiting for the Speck cases to be in stock so I can venture on to newer and exciting colors :-)

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-27-2011 06:18 PM
    Maybe my problem isn't the cases but the color. Lol. I am waiting for the Speck cases to be in stock so I can venture on to newer and exciting colors :-)

Click to view quoted image
    I'll take one of each thank you, lol

Love the cases you have hunoosh !!
    11-27-2011 06:39 PM
    it is the best looking phone out there, so why cover it up?
    11-27-2011 06:52 PM
    it is the best looking phone out there, so why cover it up?
    Probably because we want to protect the phone. Phones drop all the time. Best looking phone doesn't look as good all scratched up.
    hunoosh likes this.
    11-27-2011 07:11 PM
    Thats why they make replacement parts.
    11-27-2011 07:17 PM
    Yes I guess. Gonna stick with the case. Good luck with your phone. Hope you won't need too many replacement parts.
    11-27-2011 07:29 PM
    We must protect our iPhone as much as possible, if you not, you may need some replacement parts. I often need some replacements and find out these parts at muchbuy.com. Good luck!
    11-27-2011 09:09 PM
    I'll take one of each thank you, lol

Love the cases you have hunoosh !!
    LOL....guess your name says it all. I love girly colors. However, I just ordered a black/teal Speck. I was so split with the flip or reg candyshell but I ended up staying with the flip. I like my charger and don't want to have to keep taking my case off since I am a obsessive charger. :o Also am curious to see how my white phone will look with a darker case.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-28-2011 02:56 AM
    SPAM much?
    11-28-2011 03:04 AM
    Otter box defender iphone 4 works on my 4s
    11-28-2011 03:19 AM
    I just ordered a black/teal Speck. I am curious to see how my white phone will look with a darker case.
    Post a pic, if you can, please! I want to see this 'cause I'm diggin' the black & teal too!
    11-28-2011 05:02 PM
    Post a pic, if you can, please! I want to see this 'cause I'm diggin' the black & teal too!
    OoOoOoh... The black/teal DOES sound nice I would love to see pix also:o

And yes hunoosh, to answer your question, pink is my #1 fave color with purple 2nd

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    11-28-2011 05:26 PM
1,206 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD