I am so glad you like the Grip CS. It feels so great when holding it. Enjoy it Pink.
    thanks & yea, i actually like it ALOT !! I've even gotten in touch with Speck yesterday to suggest girly colors for the grip--hopefully they will make a few to add to the grip collection
    hunoosh likes this.
    02-10-2012 08:55 AM
    Well I took the plunge and bought an OtterBox Defender for my iPhone 4S. I got it to use on the weekends to protect it while I am outside. I am very impressed with it. I got one that is black and yellow. Love the combo. My wife and daughter have the Defender on their iPhone 4S's. My daughter is 12 years old and believe me she has put it through the paces. She is very tough on her phone and we needed to give her all the protection a case can offer. I will use my Speck Grip during the week and my new Defender on the weekends. It is a nice case. A bit bulky... but that is what you have to sacrifice for protection. BTW...I got the Defender off eBay. Otterbox doesn't offer the Black/Yellow combo.It is the color combo I have been looking for. I think the eBay dealer took a bunch of cases and switched the color combos around. It came in the original Otterbox box. I am very happy with it.
    PINK...maybe you should check out the color combos on eBay. I am becoming addicted to my iPhone and have several cases now.
    hunoosh likes this.
    02-13-2012 12:35 PM
    I am finally probably going to get the grip thsi week. We were out of town on what turned into the trip from HELL, especially the return, so I didn't bother with it. I did just use the "heart" coupon code and got more invisible shields that I don't need. lol
    02-13-2012 04:19 PM
    Well I took the plunge and bought an OtterBox Defender for my iPhone 4S. I got it to use on the weekends to protect it while I am outside. I am very impressed with it. I got one that is black and yellow. Love the combo. My wife and daughter have the Defender on their iPhone 4S's. My daughter is 12 years old and believe me she has put it through the paces. She is very tough on her phone and we needed to give her all the protection a case can offer. I will use my Speck Grip during the week and my new Defender on the weekends. It is a nice case. A bit bulky... but that is what you have to sacrifice for protection. BTW...I got the Defender off eBay. Otterbox doesn't offer the Black/Yellow combo.It is the color combo I have been looking for. I think the eBay dealer took a bunch of cases and switched the color combos around. It came in the original Otterbox box. I am very happy with it.
    PINK...maybe you should check out the color combos on eBay. I am becoming addicted to my iPhone and have several cases now.
    I was noticing the nicer color combos on ebay as well for the commuters. The dealer even stated that they switched colors around. Do you feel like the cases are still new just opened and switched around? I was a lil leary about it. Wish I could find one with puple hard outer and gray silicone. Not that I want that combo lol but I need the grey to go with my pink outer and the purple outer for my light teal that I already have. Ugh wish OB would just sell pieces seperate and make my life easier ;-)
    02-14-2012 01:20 AM
    Oh and got my Coach Tech case the other day! I LOVE IT! White with pink hearts. The only lil thing that bothers me is when carrying the strap around your wrist the zipper opens a little. Not sure yet if that's enough to make me return it. I can fit a lot of cards in there with my phone inside a case and money in the other inside slot. May get another if I can get past the zipper thing.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-14-2012 01:22 AM
    I am finally probably going to get the grip thsi week. We were out of town on what turned into the trip from HELL, especially the return, so I didn't bother with it. I did just use the "heart" coupon code and got more invisible shields that I don't need. lol
    I think you'll really like the grip, its a really nice case to use. Next color to get on my list will be the teal one too and hey, we can never have too many screen protectors--i always keep extras around as well

ps-sorry to hear about your vacay from he11

Oh and got my Coach Tech case the other day! I LOVE IT! White with pink hearts. The only lil thing that bothers me is when carrying the strap around your wrist the zipper opens a little. Not sure yet if that's enough to make me return it. I can fit a lot of cards in there with my phone inside a case and money in the other inside slot. May get another if I can get past the zipper thing.
    Hunoosh, i was eyeing that one up myself - its absolutely adorable- enjoy it I have to agree with you tho, the one i have does the same thing when you let it dangle from your wrist, so what i do now is put the leash around my wrist and then hold the case like a clutch. But, even with it dangling and opening just that lil bit, i've never had a prob with it opening up completely. If you run with it, i'd say that would probably be a prob, lol.

suggestion for your next one if you decide to and don't mind spending a lil extra-i got this one in patent plum--abosuletly LOVE this--i use it everyday now--its the 'julia' patent zippy. it has a back coin zip, and inside on one side is 2 bill slots, then the other side has 1 bill slot plus 6 credit card slots as well.

julia patent zippy

(they only have black patent in stock on line, but if you try Macy's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus or even Coach you may find other colors--i found my plum one in Macys)
    Last edited by Pink; 02-14-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    hunoosh likes this.
    02-14-2012 08:42 AM
    I think you'll really like the grip, its a really nice case to use. Next color to get on my list will be the teal one too and hey, we can never have too many screen protectors--i always keep extras around as well

ps-sorry to hear about your vacay from he11
    Thanks! If anyone wonders why American AIrlines is in financial trouble and needs to file bankruptcy....fly them. lol It's made abundantly clear.

I need to order today. I was in such a zombie mode yesterday that kept me from being remotely functional.
    02-14-2012 09:01 AM
    I was noticing the nicer color combos on ebay as well for the commuters. The dealer even stated that they switched colors around. Do you feel like the cases are still new just opened and switched around? I was a lil leary about it. Wish I could find one with puple hard outer and gray silicone. Not that I want that combo lol but I need the grey to go with my pink outer and the purple outer for my light teal that I already have. Ugh wish OB would just sell pieces seperate and make my life easier ;-)
    The cases are new. Like I said in a previous post, I was looking for the black/yellow combo. I like it a lot. Yet... my favorite is still the Speck Grip. Awesome. Can't say enough about them. BTW... when I ordered the OtterBox off eBay, I got it in 4 days. Very impressed. Lots of color combos to choose from.
    02-14-2012 10:24 AM
    Just ordered my Speck Grip (teal) and it's shipped already. I am still waffling on the SwitchEasy capsules...
    02-14-2012 04:05 PM
    Just got my new Speck Grip in Teal:

I wish I could find a case like the candyshell with a pattern on it.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-16-2012 11:20 AM
    Just got my new Speck Grip in Teal:

I wish I could find a case like the candyshell with a pattern on it.
    YaY !! It looks really nice, enjoy Ame !!
    02-16-2012 11:32 AM
    Okay most of you all have heard about the lifeproof so I wont even mention it. However there's another case I have in mind that I want called the SGP Valentinus. Modmyi is giving one away, but I wanted a review about it. So I found one. I can go to Best Buy and get the lifeproof for $79 straight fromt he store, or I can order the Valentinus online and it'll come up to $70 with Express saver Fedex. Which would YOU get?

Spigen SGP Valentinus Leather Wallet Case for iPhone 4S Review - Gadget and Accessory Reviews - Gadgetmac

Here's some images of it:

02-16-2012 11:59 AM
    I like that wallet case Greggie. It might be good for a weekend travel thing or for a sporting event or something.

YaY !! It looks really nice, enjoy Ame !!
    Thanks! I was hoping my Zagg HD would get here today so I could install that and then pop the new case on. I wish Speck made more patterned Candyshells that weren't holiday.
    02-16-2012 12:38 PM
    Okay most of you all have heard about the lifeproof so I wont even mention it. However there's another case I have in mind that I want called the SGP Valentinus. Modmyi is giving one away, but I wanted a review about it. So I found one. I can go to Best Buy and get the lifeproof for $79 straight fromt he store, or I can order the Valentinus online and it'll come up to $70 with Express saver Fedex. Which would YOU get?

Spigen SGP Valentinus Leather Wallet Case for iPhone 4S*Review - Gadget and Accessory Reviews - Gadgetmac

Here's some images of it:

Click to view quoted image

I like that wallet case Greggie, it's really nice looking. Now as for which to go with the LP or ^this wallet case. It all depends on what you need out of your case. If you prefer a wallet combo so you don't have to carry your phone AND wallet, then go for that case.

BUT if your ok with carrying both I'd suggest the LP. I'm not hear to preach about it, but lets say, I've had my iPhone since Nov 2011. In that time I can't tell you how many cases I've bought:o off hand I can tell you I have 9 speck cs's 1 speck grip and 2 speck fitted along with 5 OB defenders, with other ones I didn't mention. I purchased an LP last Saturday, and I honestly think I've found thee case that works best for me at this point in time. I took my phone into the shower yest listening to music-it sat on the marble shelf getting soaked, water suds and all. Came out dried it off good to go. Today stepped out, it's raining. Nbd. My phone got wet. So what. Got in my truck dried it off good to go once again. I'm becoming more and more comfortable with this case. You could also go to LifeProof.com and check out their vids on the case as well if your still interested in it. The LP isn't everyones cup of tea, and I understand that completely.

SO, again I'll say it all depends on what you want out of your case good luck with your decision.
    Last edited by Pink; 02-16-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    02-16-2012 12:54 PM
    I like that wallet case Greggie, it's really nice looking. Now as for which to go with the LP or ^this wallet case. It all depends on what you need out of your case. If you prefer a wallet combo so you don't have to carry your phone AND wallet, then go for that case.

BUT if your ok with carrying both I'd suggest the LP. I'm not hear to preach about it, but lets say, I've had my iPhone since Nov 2011. In that time I can't tell you how many cases I've bought:o off hand I can tell you I have 9 speck cs's 1 speck grip and 2 speck fitted along with 5 OB defenders, with other ones I didn't mention. I purchased an LP last Saturday, and I honestly think I've found thee case that works best for me at this point in time. I took my phone into the shower yest listening to music-it sat on the marble shelf getting soaked, water suds and all. Came out dried it off good to go. Today stepped out, it's raining. Nbd. My phone got wet. So what. Got in my truck dried it off good to go once again. I'm becoming more and more comfortable with this case. You could also go to LifeProof.com and check out their vids on the case as well if your still interested in it. The LP isn't everyones cup of tea, and I understand that completely.

SO, again I'll say it all depends on what you want out of your case good luck with your decision.
    Do you have any pictures of your lifeproof case? The ones I've seen online are all like studio images of it and not in action
    02-16-2012 01:40 PM
    Do you have any pictures of your lifeproof case? The ones I've seen online are all like studio images of it and not in action
    I can post pics of mine later for you if you'd like, it's the pink/gray one. But in the mean time, another iMore member here, shooter03, posted pics for me in this thread of the purple/black that he has. I believe he has all 4 colors. You can check out his post of them on page 4 of this thread

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-acces...ty-case-4.html
    02-16-2012 02:11 PM
    ok, Greggie, heres a few pics of my LP that you asked for

02-16-2012 05:14 PM
    ok, Greggie, heres a few pics of my LP that you asked for

The case is pink. Who would have thunk it
    02-16-2012 05:20 PM
    [
    The case is pink. Who would have thunk it
    I know right ?!? LOL !!
    02-16-2012 05:42 PM
    Shocking!!
    02-16-2012 05:56 PM
    Shocking!!
    LOL !! but, was it really?
    02-16-2012 07:34 PM
    Hell no!!!!
    02-16-2012 09:11 PM
    Ok so I put that Grip on tonight...I do not love it and Ill probably return it for just a different CandyShell. I don't know if it's the shape or what but it's bigger than the regular and I generally don't care for the feeling of it. It also started in on my case-friendly screen protector so it definitely encroaches more into the screen than the normal candyshell does.

I am thinking I might paper-mache this one lol, and put a pattern on it or something haha!!!
    02-16-2012 09:47 PM
    Ok so I put that Grip on tonight...I do not love it and Ill probably return it for just a different CandyShell. I don't know if it's the shape or what but it's bigger than the regular and I generally don't care for the feeling of it. It also started in on my case-friendly screen protector so it definitely encroaches more into the screen than the normal candyshell does.

I am thinking I might paper-mache this one lol, and put a pattern on it or something haha!!!
    Ame, i'm sorry to hear that you didnt like the grip at all. It does seem a tad longer top to bottom, perhaps 1/8" from looking at your pics, but i personally thought that it felt slimmer than the regular cs. Also, i'm very surprised it nipped into your screen protector--it honestly didn't intrude on mine. Perhaps your sp sits closer to the outter edges than mine does i do really like the color of it overall tho

Also, with the cs's, i wished they had other prints as well besides seasonal--i'm with ya on that one
    02-17-2012 08:41 AM
    It's taller and wider by about 1/4 inch in each way, and that is just enough to bother my hand it seems. I did think it was not as deep but the inside didn't seem as protective as a normal candyshell does.

I think I am going to ask them to exchange tihs Grip for another CS, and then I might try to put some Vinyl or something on this one, and see how that looks. Or paper mache it lol
    02-17-2012 08:54 AM
1,206 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD