(pics) IPhone 5 cases arrive at AT&T stores!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Best comment I've ever seen on a MacRumors article:
excellent-raccoon.jpg

I basically just screeched laughing uncontrollably for like 10 minutes at this.

Reactions: DannyMichel

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Those packages look like the cheap Chinese cases you pick up at a cell phone case kiosk. Would be pretty funny if this authorized retailer ordered a bunch of these cases on a whim only to discover that they don't fit the new phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Why would apple release specs on a phone to case makers when they haven't even announced it at all ?

They always do it. There have been several Apple products revealed by case maker leaks. In many cases, it's not Apple who actually released the info. The case makers have someone steal a prototype from the factory, and then they make their own measurements from the prototypes. I think that is what happened this year.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Nobody is going to spend thousands if not tens of thousands in tooling cost to make plastic inject molds on speculation. They have the specs, you can bet on it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Nobody is going to spend thousands if not tens of thousands in tooling cost to make plastic inject molds on speculation. They have the specs, you can bet on it.

^^^ This. It amazes me how many people can stare all these case manufacturers in the face say "lol ur stupid"...

Wearing my Fox Mulder hat: where are the case leaks for Verizon and Sprint?

Remember, the new iPhone is going to be the same across all carriers. It supports CDMA and GSM. So it's possible we just haven't seen a leak from those stores yet (we JUST got this leak from the AT&T store), or they won't get these cases until later, or whatever. There are a plethora of reasons other than "no iPhone 5 on Verizon or Sprint".

Last edited:

Theophany

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
^^^ This. It amazes me how many people can stare all these case manufacturers in the face say "lol ur stupid"...

Remember, the new iPhone is going to be the same across all carriers. It supports CDMA and GSM. So it's possible we just haven't seen a leak from those stores yet (we JUST got this leak from the AT&T store), or they won't get these cases until later, or whatever. There are a plethora of reasons other than "no iPhone 5 on Verizon or Sprint".

It hasn't crossed anyone's mind that these could be for a new iPod touch, or the rumored "transitional, transformational" device?

This, along with an amazing amount of evidence for an iPhone with the same form factor of the current iPhone 4 leads me to think that this isn't a phone.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It hasn't crossed anyone's mind that these could be for a new iPod touch, or the rumored "transitional, transformational" device?

This, along with an amazing amount of evidence for an iPhone with the same form factor of the current iPhone 4 leads me to think that this isn't a phone.

First of all, it has a silent switch, and speakers on the bottom, headset jack on the top... It is not an iPod touch.

Secondly, even if this IS an iPod touch, the new iPhone will be even more kick ass in that case. There is absolutely ZERO chance Apple is releasing an amazing new 4" iPod touch and keeping the iPhone 4 at the same size. No chance at all.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Apple is the undisputed king of marketing. We just had our first Apple store open up in Little Rock a couple of months ago and there were people camped out just to get in the store opening morning. I'm wondering what will happen a couple of days before the release? Ought to be nationwide crazy!

Theophany

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
First of all, it has a silent switch, and speakers on the bottom, headset jack on the top... It is not an iPod touch.

Secondly, even if this IS an iPod touch, the new iPhone will be even more kick ass in that case. There is absolutely ZERO chance Apple is releasing an amazing new 4" iPod touch and keeping the iPhone 4 at the same size. No chance at all.

First of all, the iPad has a silent switch. It's not iPhone exclusive. Also, the iPod touch can change and will change whenever Apple wants it to.

Second, nothing says that Apple has to change the iPhone 4. It's a beautiful device as it is. I mean, cases are literally the ONLY proof that the iPhone 5 is going to be a different form factor, meanwhile there are tons of parts etc that indicate that the iPhone 5 will have the same form factor as the iPhone 4.

I just think its stupid to say that there's ZERO chance that this isn't the form factor of the iPhone 5, when clearly there's a reasonable chance that it's not. It's based on a stolen prototype manufactured in china.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
First of all, the iPad has a silent switch. It's not iPhone exclusive. Also, the iPod touch can change and will change whenever Apple wants it to.

Second, nothing says that Apple has to change the iPhone 4. It's a beautiful device as it is. I mean, cases are literally the ONLY proof that the iPhone 5 is going to be a different form factor, meanwhile there are tons of parts etc that indicate that the iPhone 5 will have the same form factor as the iPhone 4.

I just think its stupid to say that there's ZERO chance that this isn't the form factor of the iPhone 5, when clearly there's a reasonable chance that it's not. It's based on a stolen prototype manufactured in china.

But why make the ipod with a bigger screen than the iphone? Would create fragmentation which apple doesn't want. I think if the ipod had a larger screen the iPhone would also

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

iPod touch does not need a silent switch - after 4 generations, Apple has made this clear.It doesn't even have dedicated speakers, or a mic for telephony, which are both also shown in the iPhone 5 dimensions! Also, it has no reason to have a rotation lock either (which is the original reason for the switch on the iPad), as most iPhone apps are portrait only.

No, no one says that they have to, but it would be foolish not to in terms of investors. Especially after such a longer wait than usual. And, no case OEM would go to the trouble of manufacturing thousands of cases and distributing them just on a hunch, nevermind the dozens of them we've already seen doing so. And, if there is an iPod touch with a 4" screen, it would be foolish to think there won't be an iPhone with the same screen size.

I said there is ZERO chance that this is an iPod touch, and like it or not, it's true.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow. After reading these threads, i think that the new iPhone had better come out within four days, or some people will need to be put on Suicide Watch big time!:rolleyes:

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Wow. After reading these threads, i think that the new iPhone had better come out within four days, or some people will need to be put on Suicide Watch big time!:rolleyes:

I love it. Are we crazy or what !!!!!!!!!!! Lets just skip the weekend and go directly to Tuesday. I am not sure if I will be able to sleep Monday night.:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen