GREAT Case!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I got the Little Black Book. Similar, but different. I originally thought I wouldn't use it long, but I still love it for every day. It is a little bulky, but worth it. And unlike the Bookbook, it has a camera hole.

The camera hole is what would kill the BookBook for me. I can only wonder why they would have left out the hole for the camera.

Thanks for the Little Black Book link. Going to check it out.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Because it's not a camera case first and foremost.
Its really not a huge inconvenience to take pictures, adds maybe a second or two to the over all time. And if that is too long to snag that impromptu photo, you must walk around with your phone out and camera open at all times lol ;)

And when looking at the little black book, the strap runs right across the camera opening.

@allie, it (the LBB) really looks like a thicker moleskine book when all closed up..

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The strap only runs across the camera of the LBB when it's closed. You have to open it to take a picture, so the camera is free. My thought is that if I wanted a pouch case, I'd have been using a pouch case. I don't want to have to take the phone out of it for anything - even taking a picture.

Reactions: AJ_Watson

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My main dislike with the LBB is that its JUST a case, i like the available room for my days necessities without having to carry a wallet. And the actual feel of the book book is great, soft supple leather. I get your concern over the (pouch) factor. but it really isn't a pouch as the only thing you really need to even move it for is to snap a pic.

But that is indeed why they make many different styles.. And i am currently trying to find the place where i saw the book book with a camera cutout.

This is like the one i saw the other night.
Except the camera cutout was much cleaner and uniform.

Twelve South Book Book for iPhone - modifed accessorized | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My main dislike with the LBB is that its JUST a case, i like the available room for my days necessities.

And i am currently trying to find the place where i saw the book book with a camera cutout.

Exactly why i like the BookBook better. I love that I can throw my id, a couple of cards and a few bucks in it and throw it in my work bag (that I carry the kitchen sink in because I work in the city) and not carry a handbag too.

The camera cutout is on their blog, here:

http://blog.twelvesouth.com/bookbook/the-bookbook-diy-series-camera-hole-in-bookbook-for-iphone/

Last edited:
Reactions: AJ_Watson

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you.. I MAY try that myself.. MAAAAYYYY!! lol ;)
Or maybe not.. Like i said for me its a minor pain at worst.

But if i do i will post some pics..lol

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm not willing to start cutting up a $50 case. But if 12south comes out with a Bookbook with the camera cutout in there - I'm all over it. I definitely like it better than the Little Black Book, but I use the camera way too much - it's my document scanner.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
You guys and gals are talking me into pulling the trigger on this case!!!!!

Do it! If you like it in pics, you'll love it in person. I don't know if it's by zip, but I didn't pay tax or shipping, so you probably won't get it cheaper elsewhere. And like AJ said, if you don't like it, he'll buy it. And if he doesn't, I will!

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a bookbook today. Had no idea the company was out of charleston SC. That's only am hour from where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am literally in love with this case! Honestly, a camera cutout would ruin the aesthetics IMO. Thanks for the heads-up AJ!

Your very welcome. I kind of feel the same way about the aesthetics as well. Im glad you like it.

I get more compliments on it than any case ive ever had. Hell my friend said he's tempted to get an ip4 so he can get one lol. He uses a T-Bolt now. 12 south may want to think about expanding there offerings, they may be losing out on a boat load of cash by limiting it to i products only.

Just a thought

Sent using smoke and mirrors.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I finally took the plunge. I went to my local apple store and they had some in stock. So far I love it. Due to my business the case will probably have to be a weekend case though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW