View Poll Results: What do you have for your iPhone?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naked

19 25.00%
  • Screen Protector

19 25.00%
  • Full Body Protector

14 18.42%
  • Case

44 57.89%
  • Belt Clip

8 10.53%
  • Pouch

5 6.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I switch back and forth between the Element Formula 4 case and a Body Glove snap on case. Love them both.
    08-04-2011 08:42 PM
    ham solo, you cannot live like that. roll naked for a week and i guarantee you will not drop it due to your extra awareness
    One step at a time. I just recently took off the screen protectors.
    08-04-2011 08:55 PM
    I keep my iPhone 4 in a black Capsule Rebel case with an old Seidio pouch. With that combination, I can easily throw it in my purse when commuting to and from work...
    08-04-2011 10:17 PM
    I use to have a "less is more" attitude about cases. I started out with a Zero 5 case from Caze. 23 cases later, I have evolved to a "more is more" attitude with an Otterbox Commuter case. I think the pink and white one looks good on my iP4.
    08-04-2011 10:52 PM
    23 cases? WOW!
    08-04-2011 11:48 PM
    Black Pixelskin HD here...love it!!!
    08-04-2011 11:51 PM
    Sometimes I roll naked. But when I don't, I use the Mophie Juice Pack Air.

I like the feel of the extra bulkiness and love knowing if I'm running low on battery I can flip the switch and all is well.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone
    08-05-2011 12:32 AM
    I'm now using the bookbook IP4 case.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-05-2011 01:17 AM
    Seidio Convert formerly the Seidio Rugged.
    08-05-2011 02:45 PM
    I move back and forth between rolling naked and using a speck shell. No screen protector. They're kind of like condoms (they offer protection, but just don't feel right).
    Nice analogy Hank. I use my BB9000 holster/belt clip. It's a perfect fit for my iPhone4.
    08-05-2011 03:05 PM
    I'm using a Switcheasy Capsule Rebel white, I was using the clear Vulcan but it changed colour :-/ but I'm loving the Rebel ;-)
    08-05-2011 04:11 PM
    I'm now using the bookbook IP4 case.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you like that case? I been thinking about getting that one.
    08-05-2011 06:03 PM
    The book book case is awesome I also have one. One of the best cases I have.
    08-05-2011 06:31 PM
    I move back and forth between rolling naked and using a speck shell. No screen protector. They're kind of like condoms (they offer protection, but just don't feel right).
    They also don't all feel the same.
    08-05-2011 06:37 PM
    I prefer my iPhone to be naked. The iPhone 4 is a marvel of industrial design. It's the best looking phone out there --period. That's why I hate having a case on it. It also feels great in the hand when naked.

My naked iPhone, however, led to a cracked iPhone. On April 19th, 2011 --a date I'll never forget-- my beautiful iPhone 4 smashed into an ugly asphalt parking lot. The rear glass plate cracked. I got little pieces of glass stuck stuck in my finger when, in a moment of sheer panic, I tried frantically wiping away the crack.

Thankfully, the Apple Store only charges $29 to replace the glass back. As a result of the incident, I now keep my iPhone protected by a trusty Incase Slider.
    08-06-2011 03:18 AM
    I got several cases for my iPhone. I switch regularly between my Element Case Vapor AR-15V and Element Case Vapor Japan Relief edition. Sometimes I use my Otterbox commuter (Only when I'm traveling).

But my favorite by far is the Element Case Vapor Japan Relief Edition (see attached image)
    Yeah I like that case! I might have to look into getting that! Looks nice and sleek on the iphone!
    08-06-2011 05:01 AM
    I prefer my iPhone to be naked. The iPhone 4 is a marvel of industrial design. It's the best looking phone out there --period. That's why I hate having a case on it. It also feels great in the hand when naked.

My naked iPhone, however, led to a cracked iPhone. On April 19th, 2011 --a date I'll never forget-- my beautiful iPhone 4 smashed into an ugly asphalt parking lot. The rear glass plate cracked. I got little pieces of glass stuck stuck in my finger when, in a moment of sheer panic, I tried frantically wiping away the crack.

Thankfully, the Apple Store only charges $29 to replace the glass back. As a result of the incident, I now keep my iPhone protected by a trusty Incase Slider.
    Yeah thats my only fear as well lol....dropping my phone on the asphalt. I know you was no good when that happen! Glad you got it fixed!
    08-06-2011 05:06 AM

assuming this device was purchased when it was first available, look how long it was before the damage occurred and the price paid to fix it (not much at all) plus i have read reports of some people getting the rear glass replaced for FREE at an Apple store! so even better, if $ is a concern

my approach to running naked, outside of work, is if just replacing the glass (front or back) is the most common issue, then i will take my chances. sometimes i feel people forget that it costs $ to have nice things and even if you have to pay for a mishap with your device, then so be it. that's the price i am willing to pay, literally, to have something that looks amazing. not all covered up with some ugly case

live a little people. i am very anal with my toys and have not dropped my iP4 once in the 9 months i have owned it
    08-06-2011 05:41 AM
    If you want the same feel of the iPhone 4 without a case, get a Incase feather-light case. It's the closest you'll feel to nothing.
    08-06-2011 02:00 PM
    During the work week I use the Verizon case+belt clip that has the built in stand on the back. I love the built-in stand for setting the phone on my desk while streaming Pandora.

If I'm working a duty that increases the chance my iPhone might get damaged I switch to my Otterbox Defender case for the added protection. I hate the added bulk, but the peace of mind is worth it. And Otterbox did a good job designing the cas so its still pretty comfortable to use.

But when I'm off work I take the cases off. I have protectors on the back and screen. The cheap Japan PET material protectors that you get for 3/$1.50 from Amazon. They're as smooth as the glass and I can't tell they're there. And they're so cheap that when they get a few scratches I just switch to a new one.

I bought my iP4 used and it already had a few scratches on the back. I just want to prevent any more scratches. There's a very light scratch on the bottom of the screen that you can only see at just the right angle in just the right light. It's almost more like a scratch in the oleophobic coating rather than the glass. Either way, it was enough to convince me to atleast use a screen protector.
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 08-07-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    08-07-2011 01:38 AM
    Yeah thats my only fear as well lol....dropping my phone on the asphalt. I know you was no good when that happen! Glad you got it fixed!
    My iPhone was under warranty when I got it repaired. Although, the Apple Store guy told me that it's the same price with-or-without the warranty.

I also know someone who got their cracked screen replaced for free. It really all depends on the Genius you get and the mood they're in (and other factors I'm sure). I wasn't so lucky, but I can live with $29 --I thought it was gonna be $100+.
    08-07-2011 05:58 AM
    I have a pouch that I store it in and I'll switch it up with one of the Apple bumpers a few times. I love going commando, but want some kinda protection from drops, scratches, etc.
    08-08-2011 07:25 AM
    I've been on both ends of the spectrum. When I first got the iPhone 4 I was all about protection (otterbox). Now most of the time I use it naked with a pouch for my pocket. I am, eyeing a black ops bumper though...
    08-08-2011 10:07 PM
    I'm actually going case free since I got the white ip4. It was more about finger prints than safety for me. Love that they don't show now! =}
    08-08-2011 10:12 PM
    I just use one of those TPU(?) cases that I got from ebay. I mostly use it for a better "grip".
    08-09-2011 09:21 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD