iOS Beta 4 bugs/findings thread

cmdoptesc47

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay, after a solid week with iOS 5 beta 4, here's what I have found:

1) Artist sorting in Music.app is out of order
2) Messaging app is still buggy, with lag in sending messages and double SMS messages being sent frequently
3) Auto brightness control is slow to react when waking from sleep
4) WiFi sync is still buggy, I just keep it turned off. Not a big deal
5) Battery life is amazing! Same or better than 4.2.8

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
5) Battery life is amazing! Same or better than 4.2.8

completely agree! in fact i am going to say, for me, it is considerably better than 4.3.3 was. i hope it stays this way

macdaddy2x

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Fully appreciate that this is beta so I am expecting bugs etc.

Has anyone found that after a while itunes loses your iPhone from the active device list? The only way I can get it to work again is to plug in via usb then unplug... it stays there for a while but then when I check back it is gone again.

When I do plug in it hasnt remembered the sync over wifi setting despite ticking and then syncing last time I connected.

Happens regardless if I am plugged into to the charger or not.

I'm wondering if its an issue with my router? (BT HH3)

IOS5 B4 - Windows - iPhone 4

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The only time I experienced anything like that was when my router needed to be reset. Otherwise, I haven't had to plug back in at all.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you turn off Photostream from the settings it says it's going to delete all the pictures but if you turn it back on after answering yes they are all still there. My pictures are also there longer than 30 days, I still have pictures on there that I had in beta 1.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you all understand that anything you have on iCloud right now isn't guaranteed to be there when iOS 5/iCloud goes live. Apple has gone on record and stated that they may erase all data before it goes live.

Last edited:

macdaddy2x

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
The only time I experienced anything like that was when my router needed to be reset. Otherwise, I haven't had to plug back in at all.

Tried that... still doing it.

iTunes is definitely forgetting the sync over wifi connection setting... Oh well maybe they know about it and its fixed in the next beta.

Thanks for the reply.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you all understand that anything you have on iCloud right now isn't guaranteed to be there when iOS 5/iCloud goes live. Apple has gone on record and stated that they may erase all data before it goes live.

I'm not touching iCloud until its all live. I'm still syncing to my Mac

Thenk83

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Wifi Tethering

I can't tether over Wi-Fi. Bluetooth and Cable work fine. I can't tether to my iPad 2, Dell 1764 or MacBook Pro with WiFi. Both iPad and iPhone are using the latest beta. I've tried wiping both devices and starting fresh and still no dice. This is for the legit tethering/Personal Hotspot also.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

doesn't matter to me I'm using it on my iPad 2 so all my info is nice and safe on my computer. The photostream I don't care about because I always sync everything back to my computer anyway.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't tether over Wi-Fi. Bluetooth and Cable work fine. I can't tether to my iPad 2, Dell 1764 or MacBook Pro with WiFi. Both iPad and iPhone are using the latest beta. I've tried wiping both devices and starting fresh and still no dice. This is for the legit tethering/Personal Hotspot also.

On the Release notes when iOS5b4 came out, they disabled the Tethering/Hot Spot. Hopefully when iOS5b5 comes out that feature will be able to be working again.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Was told Beta 5 was suppose to come out last Friday. Something wasnt so good about it so it didnt make it. Dont know what it was. Have no more info on when it might be pushed.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Maybe this Friday....I am quite sure the issue was an easter egg that didn't take.

15166397714e1ef39168d46.gif

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

there is so much i want to do but, knowing this, waiting is the best thing

Hack3r

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
i want a update !!!!! they need to release the new beta ! i am so sick of my bluetooth malfunctioning. i almost never use it since the update. it doesnt work right , doesnt pair correctly . it has become a big issue !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro