iOS Beta 4 bugs/findings thread

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: It looks like the install of iTunes didn't take. The installer shows a different version number than the current version of iTunes. Running the installer a second time.

old ------------------------
updated to beta 4 of iTunes for Windows (64bit) and an OTA update to iOS5 beta 4, synced with iTunes 2 or 3 times, still no WiFi Sync feature available within iTunes in the Summery section for my iPhone.

Same here.Loaded Beta 4 OTA no problem, iTunes for Windows updated to Beta 4,good to go,but no Wi-Fi sync:confused:

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Something else I've noticed is that springboard seems to be crashing every once in a while when notifications come in (I've noticed it with emails and SMSs). Doesn't happen too often (maybe 2-3 times total so far), and the springboard generally restarts in about 7 seconds, so it doesn't bother me much.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Sorted the photo album bug - this version of iTunes (not necessarily iOS) no longer recognizes nested folders. It will sync all your folders as long as they contain photos, but not other folders containing folders (although it used to work just fine this way).

Moved all my folders out of the parent directories, and all is fine now.

Did I at one point read something about iCloud syncing not working again? It keeps telling me my password is correct, but my device is not authorized to use iCloud.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok...this is getting stranger and stranger. Not only can I no longer access iCloud syncing, but my WiFi sync has stopped. As soon as I unplug my phone from my Mac the connection is gone.

Gonna try installing iTunes again.

Update - reinstalling got wireless sync working again. Still at a loss about iCloud sync though.

Last edited:

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the issue to where it will not sync over wifi. It sync's fine (except no photo's) plugged into the computer. Yes all the correct boxes are checked both on the phone and the PC. The only thing I can think of is that it's because my computer doesn't have a wifi card. It's connected to the router by a cable. I will dig out a spare wifi card tomorrow and see if that's the reason.

cmdoptesc47

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I had pretty terrible battery life on betas 1 and 2, but I was restoring from a backup on both of those. I'm going to set up as a new iPhone for beta 4 and see if I can get some decent battery life.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is that it's because my computer doesn't have a wifi card. It's connected to the router by a cable.

mine is set up exactly as yours and have been syncing wirelessly,flawlessly, since i originally set it up yesterday

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I had pretty terrible battery life on betas 1 and 2, but I was restoring from a backup on both of those. I'm going to set up as a new iPhone for beta 4 and see if I can get some decent battery life.

do it. you'll be glad you did. let us know how it goes!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal