iOS Beta 4 bugs/findings thread

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Was too busy to play with beta 4 today. Just been playing with it for a hour. Glad most camera bugs are fixed as ghostface said. OS seem very snappy. Anybody you guys found bugs?. Not seeing any reported is a good sign. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
@Hank so basically apple is saying if I'm on lion it will cause problems when i try to upgrade to beta four? the last beta i was on was 2 :confused: thanks in advance

All I know is what the release notes say. If you're on Lion, you may be missing that folder... and apparently the only way to get it back it to reinstall the OS.

There was a beta 3 version of XCODE for Snow Leopard... didn't notice what was available for Lion for beta 3.

JeremyHD

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Beta 4 Installation:
-Works fine over-the-air (for developers). It may seem like its stuck but its not. It just takes a little bit of time.

Facebook:
-Picture uploading works.

Twitter:
-Stops crashing when clicking "My Profile" or going to your own profile.

Camera/Photos:
-Setting a Picture from "Photos" as a background for the Home/Lock screen works.
-Deleting a picture when in the "Camera" app works.
-After taking a picture it goes directly into the "Photos" app. It does not disappear or not appear in the "Photo's" app.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
scrolling bug found. It exist if scroll through twitter, instagram, or any thing like that. Try scrolling slowly and while you do, let off your finger and continue to let it scroll on its own. The page is shaky. I also just noticed it if your scroll through your settings on the iPhone

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Everything works fine for me with the exception of photos. It is worse than ever. Thumbnails don't appear next to albums, albums contain zero photos just huge black bars.

***EDIT***
I added screen caps of my issue. Syncing doesn't fix :(

637ab40e-53f7-6bc5.jpg
637ab40e-5403-153b.jpg

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
small gaps on each side of notification(s) on the lockscreen

is anyone else experiencing this as well?

2zs75l1.jpg

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't see that... but there is another tweak to the calendar portion of the Notification area... Events scheduled for the current day are in normal font... events scheduled for 'tomorrow' are now in italics. Nice - a subtle way to differentiate at a glance.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm on Lion, the OTA update worked great. It took about 20 minutes, I was cooking dinner so I saw that it said <1min for awhile but I figured whatever let me finish my shish kabobs and just left the iPad doing it's thing. You guys need to stop panicking :p oh wait I probably learned patience from working with Windows every day.

I still have the camera roll bug I've had since beta 1. I can't have an empty camera roll. I can delete any images in the camera roll as long as there is one image remaining. If I try to delete the last image the Photos app crashes and when I go back in the last image is there. If I try to delete all the images at once it will start deleting and then crash.

Osfoora HD still is unable to sign in, you get stuck at the Autorize the App webpage. This ofcourse is a bug in the app itself not the OS but damn it's been there since beta 1 you would think Osfoora would have fixed the ish by now.

I haven't had any crashes so we'll see:D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't see that... but there is another tweak to the calendar portion of the Notification area... Events scheduled for the current day are in normal font... events scheduled for 'tomorrow' are now in italics. Nice - a subtle way to differentiate at a glance.

nice find on the notification tweak!

i am thinking i may have to restore as new once iTunes b4 for Win is available

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
nice find on the notification tweak!

i am thinking i may have to restore as new once iTunes b4 for Win is available

Yeah, that's a nice touch...

BTW, I DO have the issue you reported... I misread your report and even though I was looking at a picture of your lock screen, I checked my notification pulldown, NOT the lock screen. It's about 1 pixel wide, but visible on both side edges.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, that's a nice touch...

BTW, I DO have the issue you reported... I misread your report and even though I was looking at a picture of your lock screen, I checked my notification pulldown, NOT the lock screen. It's about 1 pixel wide, but visible on both side edges.

Have you noticed the scrolling bug? Many have on twitter including Rene

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Damn, they took away the keyboard animation in beta 3 where if you're typing a text and and press cancel, it would first bring down the body and then the keyboard.

I guess it was a bug.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
So far my photos haven't sync'd back at all. i just have a camera roll and a photo stream album. iTunes issue? Lion issue?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you noticed the scrolling bug? Many have on twitter including Rene

Garz, I'm not totally sure I know what I am looking for... if I scroll, I can "push" the display and it will continue to scroll for a second or two, depending on how hard I push. I think it's always done that... I do see that the screen is kind of "jaggy" - a byproduct of the scrolling not being "smooth"... is that it?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Damn, they took away the keyboard animation in beta 3 where if you're typing a text and and press cancel, it would first bring down the body and then the keyboard.

I guess it was a bug.

Yeah, I did notice that. it was kind of a cool effect... obviously, it was a bug :eek:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I did notice that. it was kind of a cool effect... obviously, it was a bug :eek:

I liked that bug :) ... Hmmm, now I am debating beta 4 .. Or should I wait for beta 5 ... I will give it 24 hours and see how battery life is for everyone as that was the major reason for me downgrading.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice