Still appreciate the "heads up". Does that mean that the next beta is close? like early next week? #hopeful
    I have not heard anything else. If I do, I'll pass it along. I hope so though
    07-30-2011 02:25 PM
    Mine are working fine
    Not me. Mine is working "as designed".
    thanks for checking guys. apparently it was my headphones and i'm on my way to the mall now to look at new
    07-30-2011 03:45 PM
    Found a new bug in safari. Sometimes in-line videos auto play. Kind of unnerving at times lol.
    07-31-2011 12:45 AM
    Ahh ok thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to roll back. I understand the idea of beta software and sometimes it having bugs but I figured they wouldn't outright disable a feature most people are stuck paying good money for...
    Please remember that iOS 5 is in beta and is only intended for developers on test devices. If you put it on a device you use everyday for important use, it is your fault for any lose in productivity.

For test only means for testing only!!!!
    07-31-2011 11:03 AM
    Anyone else notice tapping on items is harder, especially when trying to tap something on the top of the screen.

In other instances, it's too sensitive. Trying to scroll in echofon more often that not brings up the pop menu.
    07-31-2011 02:54 PM
    Okay, after a solid week with iOS 5 beta 4, here's what I have found:

1) Artist sorting in Music.app is out of order
    2) Messaging app is still buggy, with lag in sending messages and double SMS messages being sent frequently
    3) Auto brightness control is slow to react when waking from sleep
    4) WiFi sync is still buggy, I just keep it turned off. Not a big deal
    5) Battery life is amazing! Same or better than 4.2.8
    07-31-2011 03:27 PM
    5) Battery life is amazing! Same or better than 4.2.8
    completely agree! in fact i am going to say, for me, it is considerably better than 4.3.3 was. i hope it stays this way
    08-01-2011 12:55 PM
    Fully appreciate that this is beta so I am expecting bugs etc.

Has anyone found that after a while itunes loses your iPhone from the active device list? The only way I can get it to work again is to plug in via usb then unplug... it stays there for a while but then when I check back it is gone again.

When I do plug in it hasnt remembered the sync over wifi setting despite ticking and then syncing last time I connected.

Happens regardless if I am plugged into to the charger or not.

I'm wondering if its an issue with my router? (BT HH3)

IOS5 B4 - Windows - iPhone 4
    Last edited by macdaddy2x; 08-02-2011 at 06:52 AM.
    08-02-2011 06:49 AM
    The only time I experienced anything like that was when my router needed to be reset. Otherwise, I haven't had to plug back in at all.
    08-02-2011 09:26 AM
    When you turn off Photostream from the settings it says it's going to delete all the pictures but if you turn it back on after answering yes they are all still there. My pictures are also there longer than 30 days, I still have pictures on there that I had in beta 1.
    08-02-2011 11:59 AM
    Make sure you all understand that anything you have on iCloud right now isn't guaranteed to be there when iOS 5/iCloud goes live. Apple has gone on record and stated that they may erase all data before it goes live.
    Last edited by ghostface147; 08-02-2011 at 02:03 PM.
    08-02-2011 01:25 PM
    The only time I experienced anything like that was when my router needed to be reset. Otherwise, I haven't had to plug back in at all.
    Tried that... still doing it.

iTunes is definitely forgetting the sync over wifi connection setting... Oh well maybe they know about it and its fixed in the next beta.

Thanks for the reply.
    08-02-2011 01:47 PM
    Make sure you all understand that anything you have on iCloud right now isn't guaranteed to be there when iOS 5/iCloud goes live. Apple has gone on record and stated that they may erase all data before it goes live.
    I'm not touching iCloud until its all live. I'm still syncing to my Mac
    08-02-2011 02:18 PM
    I can't tether over Wi-Fi. Bluetooth and Cable work fine. I can't tether to my iPad 2, Dell 1764 or MacBook Pro with WiFi. Both iPad and iPhone are using the latest beta. I've tried wiping both devices and starting fresh and still no dice. This is for the legit tethering/Personal Hotspot also.
    08-02-2011 02:46 PM
    doesn't matter to me I'm using it on my iPad 2 so all my info is nice and safe on my computer. The photostream I don't care about because I always sync everything back to my computer anyway.
    08-02-2011 03:32 PM
    I can't tether over Wi-Fi. Bluetooth and Cable work fine. I can't tether to my iPad 2, Dell 1764 or MacBook Pro with WiFi. Both iPad and iPhone are using the latest beta. I've tried wiping both devices and starting fresh and still no dice. This is for the legit tethering/Personal Hotspot also.
    On the Release notes when iOS5b4 came out, they disabled the Tethering/Hot Spot. Hopefully when iOS5b5 comes out that feature will be able to be working again.
    08-02-2011 04:17 PM
    Battery life? Is it any better?
    Based on my experience, IT IS SO MUCH BETTER. Not up to par with 4.0 but it's definitely getting there!
    08-02-2011 05:44 PM
    Was told Beta 5 was suppose to come out last Friday. Something wasnt so good about it so it didnt make it. Dont know what it was. Have no more info on when it might be pushed.
    08-02-2011 05:57 PM
    Maybe this Friday....I am quite sure the issue was an easter egg that didn't take.
    08-02-2011 06:28 PM
    Maybe this Friday....I am quite sure the issue was an easter egg that didn't take.
    08-02-2011 07:12 PM
    They have launched www.icloud.com beta today... I can log in.... it's looking very good.
    A) That's not a bug.
    B) That was launched about 4 days ago.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    08-03-2011 10:00 AM
    A) That's not a bug.
    B) That was launched about 4 days ago.
    #Epic reply Alli
    08-03-2011 02:13 PM
    there is so much i want to do but, knowing this, waiting is the best thing
    08-03-2011 07:47 PM
    Since beta 4 I haven't added anything to the reading list. Now everytime I try to add a site Safari crashes.
    08-04-2011 06:52 AM
    i want a update !!!!! they need to release the new beta ! i am so sick of my bluetooth malfunctioning. i almost never use it since the update. it doesnt work right , doesnt pair correctly . it has become a big issue !
    08-04-2011 03:28 PM
212 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD