while streaming pandora or listening to a podcast, if a notification pops up, the audio of what i am listening to fades out, but doest return. I have only noticed this while connected to the audio jack in my car. anyone else notice this?
    07-29-2011 06:37 AM
    Beta 5 could be pushed out today... Not confirmed though if it actually will. Just throwing this info out.
    07-29-2011 10:36 AM
    Beta 5 could be pushed out today... Not confirmed though if it actually will. Just throwing this info out.
    Wow... it's only been a week... things must be heating up in Cupertino. Thanks, Garz... will keep an eye out for it...
    07-29-2011 10:54 AM
    while streaming pandora or listening to a podcast, if a notification pops up, the audio of what i am listening to fades out, but doest return. I have only noticed this while connected to the audio jack in my car. anyone else notice this?
    This happens to me while just listening in iPod mode. To get the volume back I have to force close the music app and then restart it. Volume is then back to normal until the next notification pops up. Frustrating but after all it is a beta :-/
    07-29-2011 11:26 AM
    I was thinking the same thing. Hope we're right!
    07-29-2011 11:27 AM
    great. just when i was going to try to stay away from the internet for the weekend! ...i guess that's the benefit of the OTA update(s)??
    07-29-2011 11:36 AM
    That should be the advantage of OTA updates. Little fixes more often.
    07-29-2011 11:41 AM
    Yep............
    07-29-2011 12:17 PM
    ok so my new addiction today is: Settings > General > Software Update > (Checking Updates...)

Thanks, Garz!!!
    07-29-2011 01:17 PM
    Lol, for some reason when I get a notification I go back the the notification center, and I don't see it.
    07-29-2011 02:08 PM
    ok so my new addiction today is: Settings > General > Software Update > (Checking Updates...)

Thanks, Garz!!!
    Maybe we need a LED for that.

On a less snarky note, the last couple of times Apple has released a new beta, it was about 1:00 PDT... so we're still a couple of hours away if it is coming today.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 07-29-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    07-29-2011 02:14 PM
    Haven't updated yet. Does restoring through itunes is better?
    07-29-2011 04:10 PM
    It's looking like it's not happening today...
    07-29-2011 06:17 PM
    great. just when i was going to try to stay away from the internet for the weekend! ...i guess that's the benefit of the OTA update(s)??
    Looks like you won't be bothered with a pesky iOS5 beta update this weekend, after all.
    07-29-2011 06:19 PM
    Damn I was pretty excited since my Bluetooth is acting up on the real . Almost unbearable . I want a update now lol
    07-29-2011 06:55 PM
    Looks like you won't be bothered with a pesky iOS5 beta update this weekend, after all.
    fiddle-sticks! maybe i should change my username to: Ios5beta5
    07-29-2011 07:02 PM
    Agreed... my Bluetooth is unbearable. Very annoying listening to Podcasts when the "drops" come.
    Last edited by Nickmerc7; 07-29-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    07-29-2011 07:36 PM
    did not realize until today but my headphone controls are no longer working (volume up or down & pause) i know it was working for sure on beta 3

i looked over the changelog and did not see anything pertaining to this. now i am not so sure if it is a hardware issue

anyone else?
    07-30-2011 09:33 AM
    did not realize until today but my headphone controls are no longer working (volume up or down & pause) i know it was working for sure on beta 3

i looked over the changelog and did not see anything pertaining to this. now i am not so sure if it is a hardware issue

anyone else?
    Mine are working fine
    07-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Just after one day with the iOS 5 beta 4, I found so many bugs that this possibly cannot be the last beta before the GM release in September!
    I'll just list what I have found and see if there is a fix around or if others are finding them also.
    1. Loosing album art when transferring certain songs from iTunes to iPhone 4
    2. The camera button located on the lock screen only appears when listening to songs on the Music app only.
    3. Newsstand app will not be placed within a folder or moved of home screen.
    4. Wi-Fi symbol changes to 3G symbol even though I am still connected to the Wi-Fi
    5. Unsuccessful wireless sync with windows 7 64bit always
    6. When re-arranging apps on itunes for the iphone 4, when pressed sync, looses all changes that were made.
    7. Some notifications are not displaying correctly on the lock screen or are not being displayed at all.

I didn't know what forum to post, so hopes it ok here!
    I couldn't find the official apple forums to post so if anyone can link them here please that'll be great!
    Cheers
    07-30-2011 12:03 PM

anyone else?
    Not me. Mine is working "as designed".
    07-30-2011 12:07 PM
    It's a catch-22 situation. Apple has several sets of forums (http://discussions.apple.com is the customer based forum), including the developer forums buried within their developer site. Legally, you should not have the beta unless you are a developer or working with a developer and in any case, must have signed on to the NDA. I say that not to be judgemental, but to say that unless you are a developer, you can't "know" about it. if you are a developer, you cannot talk about it. The only place where you can legally discuss it is in the developers forums, behind the developer firewall.

Now, having said that, here's the thread on the forums for the bug/issue report:

http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/2...gs-thread.html
    07-30-2011 12:24 PM
    I moved your post here to the right place. If you'll scroll back through this thread you'll find all your answers.

Just after one day with the iOS 5 beta 4, I found so many bugs that this possibly cannot be the last beta before the GM release in September!
    I'll just list what I have found and see if there is a fix around or if others are finding them also.
    1. Loosing album art when transferring certain songs from iTunes to iPhone 4
    2. The camera button located on the lock screen only appears when listening to songs on the Music app only.
    3. Newsstand app will not be placed within a folder or moved of home screen.
    4. Wi-Fi symbol changes to 3G symbol even though I am still connected to the Wi-Fi
    5. Unsuccessful wireless sync with windows 7 64bit always
    6. When re-arranging apps on itunes for the iphone 4, when pressed sync, looses all changes that were made.
    7. Some notifications are not displaying correctly on the lock screen or are not being displayed at all.

I didn't know what forum to post, so hopes it ok here!
    I couldn't find the official apple forums to post so if anyone can link them here please that'll be great!
    Cheers
    07-30-2011 01:38 PM
    It's looking like it's not happening today...
    Nope. Was told it was possible but they couldn't get confirmation. I through it out there just in case. Oh well.
    07-30-2011 02:16 PM
    Nope. Was told it was possible but they couldn't get confirmation. I through it out there just in case. Oh well.
    Still appreciate the "heads up". Does that mean that the next beta is close? like early next week? #hopeful
    07-30-2011 02:18 PM
212 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD