not sure if this has been already said, and i apologize if it has, but it seems like the SMS app lag is no longer there. anyone?
    I agree as well
    07-25-2011 03:56 PM
    I agree as well
    i still seem to be having the lag, i just did a clean install last night
    07-26-2011 05:46 AM
    Here's a new one, just started last night. Signal bounces from WiFi to 3G on and off continuously. Can't seem to hold the connection. I suspect as a result, the battery plummets. It was down almost 20% within the first 35 minutes of taking it off the charger this morning.

Thoughts?
    07-26-2011 09:22 AM
    Have you reset network settings?
    07-26-2011 09:26 AM
    I'm about to. I wanted to turn off WiFi altogether to see what difference that made. And with WiFi off, the battery meter doesn't budge.

I wonder what causes something like that out of the blue?
    07-26-2011 10:12 AM
    Upon further investigation it looks like it's something with my router. Resetting network settings didn't fix anything, so I pulled out my VZW MiFi - and it's hanging on just fine without affecting the battery. I wonder if something changed on the router......

Sorry to have bothered y'all with this since it now appears to have nothing to do with the beta. <sigh>
    07-26-2011 10:51 AM
    Had to turn off iMessage. My wife can receive my messages but I cant receive hers. And yes we are both on beta 4.
    07-26-2011 11:54 AM
    Upon further investigation it looks like it's something with my router. Resetting network settings didn't fix anything, so I pulled out my VZW MiFi - and it's hanging on just fine without affecting the battery. I wonder if something changed on the router......

Maybe factory reset the router? Or it could be, and I've seen this in the past, beta 4 breaks compatibility with your brand router. It's a remote chance, but it can happen. I know on 4.2, my Airport Extreme Base Station always dropped speeds tremendously. Resetting it would fix it. A new 4.3 update fixed the issue.
    07-26-2011 12:04 PM
    Had to turn off iMessage. My wife can receive my messages but I cant receive hers. And yes we are both on beta 4.
    Had to do the same...
    07-26-2011 01:28 PM
    Maybe factory reset the router? Or it could be, and I've seen this in the past, beta 4 breaks compatibility with your brand router. It's a remote chance, but it can happen. I know on 4.2, my Airport Extreme Base Station always dropped speeds tremendously. Resetting it would fix it. A new 4.3 update fixed the issue.
    Seems odd it worked fine for 3 days. Then again, this is technology. I'll try resetting the router & see what happens.
    07-26-2011 01:31 PM
    If you'd like to test PM me and I'll send you my email address tied to iMessage on my iPad.
    07-26-2011 02:05 PM
    If you'd like to test PM me and I'll send you my email address tied to iMessage on my iPad.
    I have used iMessage with others fine. Just cant receive any from wife. She was able to communicate fine with others. And we do have seperate Apple ID's. Thanks for the offer to help but I got to keep it on text only. Thats how we communicate during business hours
    07-26-2011 02:19 PM
    I have used iMessage with others fine. Just cant receive any from wife. She was able to communicate fine with others. And we do have seperate Apple ID's. Thanks for the offer to help but I got to keep it on text only. Thats how we communicate during business hours
    Did you checked both iphone settings?? I remember in beta 3 i stopped getting messages from my wife and after checking imessage settings I realized the " receive at" field was showing our apple email address, not the cellphone number, we remove that email address from imessage and everything went back to normal, not this time though...
    07-26-2011 04:35 PM
    Did you checked both iphone settings?? I remember in beta 3 i stopped getting messages from my wife and after checking imessage settings I realized the " receive at" field was showing our apple email address, not the cellphone number, we remove that email address from imessage and everything went back to normal, not this time though...
    I would have to check her settings. I dont remembers hers. Mine shows email and ph #
    07-26-2011 04:40 PM
    I would have to check her settings. I dont remembers hers. Mine shows email and ph #
    that was exactly my problem back then, get rid of the email, just leave your phone number, anyway I think I fixed my problem, I went ahead and deleted my icloud account from my iphone, my wife and I have the same email address for icloud but I'm not actually using it ( still sync everything with mobileme) and as soon as I did that all messages started to work, both ways.
    Try first to log out of that apple id address in imessage settingd since you're actually using an iphone and not an ipod/ipad, if this doesn't fix the problem then take a look at icloud, even though you said you two use different addresses but ir might be worth a try.
    07-26-2011 05:14 PM
    Can someone let me send them a message on iMessage to test it out since I don't know anyone that has iOS 5.
    07-26-2011 07:40 PM

surgical tech income
    Last edited by ANDER2568; 07-26-2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: invalid title
    07-26-2011 09:29 PM
    I unplugged the router, plugged it back on - all is good. (It then proceeded to play hell with one of the pc's, but I got that fixed eventually too.)
    07-26-2011 11:45 PM
    Ok so my coworker and I messed around with the settings and we got my iMessage to function perfect. The error with iMessage was killing my battery since it was continuously trying to send a message which wouldn't go through. Now I see a serious improvement in my battery life.
    I will say this I am extremely unhappy with this beta only bc of my Bluetooth streaming skips like crazy. I use this as my primary source of music in my car and this annoys me .
    Bluetooth profile/streaming is my only gripe at present time.
    07-27-2011 03:30 PM

surgical tech income
    Totally hilarious, someone copied and pasted my post....hahahahahaha. I am honored.
    07-27-2011 05:07 PM
    Hi. I don't suppose any one hear happens to use the Golfshot, golf gps app and knows whether it works with Beta 4. I'm thinking about trying the beta, but don't want to lose my weekend golf gps, lol.

Kevin
    07-27-2011 05:15 PM
    Hey guys, just figured I registered to contribute my findings, been reading a lot on these forums and only decided to register today. I have a white iPhone 4, with iTunes beta 4
    Findings:
    -wifi sync sometimes doesn't work, error 50, relate to pictures
    - half my songs missing album artwork
    -Bluetooth streaming very skippy
    -dictionary is no longer integrated into the copy/paste menu after restore (might be just for me)
    -cannot create new lists on reminder
    -overall the UI, doesn't seen as smooth as 4.3.3
    -safari in private mode, cannot connect to YouTube and Facebook
    07-28-2011 08:49 AM
    Well under beta 4 looks like I'm still having the issue I was having before connecting to my carrier's plan settings. So I have a monthly plan through my carrier and you update it via the Settings, Cellular Data tab there is a View Account button. When you click it, it pulls up your plan via the web interface so you can make changes. I wasn't able to open it on beta 2 it would give me an error. I tried on Wfi, 3G, tried three days in a row. I ended up making the changes when I went back to 4.3.3 before doing the beta 3 install. I'm now on beta 4 and again I have the same problem so looks like it's not fixed yet.
    07-28-2011 09:26 AM
    Hey guys, just figured I registered to contribute my findings, been reading a lot on these forums and only decided to register today. I have a white iPhone 4, with iTunes beta 4
    Findings:
    -dictionary is no longer integrated into the copy/paste menu after restore (might be just for me)
    I've used the dictionary pretty often, and it actually is still integrated into the copy/paste. Maybe a reboot or reinstall will help?

Overall, the beta does still have its bugs (especially in the photos.app and messaging.app) but it is definitely stable enough and the battery life is good enough for it to be used as a daily driver. I'm hoping it only gets better with the following releases.
    07-28-2011 02:42 PM
    Findings:
    odd..

wifi sync works flawlessly for me AND i just synced 727 photos without a hiccup

all music has synced great as well with all album art

dictionary has always worked since beta 1 (for me)

overall UI experience is just as smooth/fast as 4.3.3 (now)

*very strange how these betas differ from one device to another
    07-29-2011 12:19 AM
212 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD