Beta 4 Installation:
    -Works fine over-the-air (for developers). It may seem like its stuck but its not. It just takes a little bit of time.

Facebook:
    -Picture uploading works.

Twitter:
    -Stops crashing when clicking "My Profile" or going to your own profile.

Camera/Photos:
    -Setting a Picture from "Photos" as a background for the Home/Lock screen works.
    -Deleting a picture when in the "Camera" app works.
    -After taking a picture it goes directly into the "Photos" app. It does not disappear or not appear in the "Photo's" app.
    Last edited by JeremyHD; 07-22-2011 at 11:31 PM.
    07-22-2011 11:18 PM
    scrolling bug found. It exist if scroll through twitter, instagram, or any thing like that. Try scrolling slowly and while you do, let off your finger and continue to let it scroll on its own. The page is shaky. I also just noticed it if your scroll through your settings on the iPhone
    07-22-2011 11:53 PM
    Everything works fine for me with the exception of photos. It is worse than ever. Thumbnails don't appear next to albums, albums contain zero photos just huge black bars.

***EDIT***
    I added screen caps of my issue. Syncing doesn't fix

Last edited by MsEYE; 07-23-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    07-23-2011 12:23 AM
    small gaps on each side of notification(s) on the lockscreen

is anyone else experiencing this as well?

07-23-2011 12:41 AM
    I don't see that... but there is another tweak to the calendar portion of the Notification area... Events scheduled for the current day are in normal font... events scheduled for 'tomorrow' are now in italics. Nice - a subtle way to differentiate at a glance.
    07-23-2011 12:44 AM
    I'm on Lion, the OTA update worked great. It took about 20 minutes, I was cooking dinner so I saw that it said <1min for awhile but I figured whatever let me finish my shish kabobs and just left the iPad doing it's thing. You guys need to stop panicking oh wait I probably learned patience from working with Windows every day.

I still have the camera roll bug I've had since beta 1. I can't have an empty camera roll. I can delete any images in the camera roll as long as there is one image remaining. If I try to delete the last image the Photos app crashes and when I go back in the last image is there. If I try to delete all the images at once it will start deleting and then crash.

Osfoora HD still is unable to sign in, you get stuck at the Autorize the App webpage. This ofcourse is a bug in the app itself not the OS but damn it's been there since beta 1 you would think Osfoora would have fixed the ish by now.

I haven't had any crashes so we'll see
    07-23-2011 12:47 AM
    I don't see that... but there is another tweak to the calendar portion of the Notification area... Events scheduled for the current day are in normal font... events scheduled for 'tomorrow' are now in italics. Nice - a subtle way to differentiate at a glance.
    nice find on the notification tweak!

i am thinking i may have to restore as new once iTunes b4 for Win is available
    07-23-2011 12:53 AM
    nice find on the notification tweak!

i am thinking i may have to restore as new once iTunes b4 for Win is available
    Yeah, that's a nice touch...

BTW, I DO have the issue you reported... I misread your report and even though I was looking at a picture of your lock screen, I checked my notification pulldown, NOT the lock screen. It's about 1 pixel wide, but visible on both side edges.
    07-23-2011 01:25 AM
    Yeah, that's a nice touch...

BTW, I DO have the issue you reported... I misread your report and even though I was looking at a picture of your lock screen, I checked my notification pulldown, NOT the lock screen. It's about 1 pixel wide, but visible on both side edges.
    Have you noticed the scrolling bug? Many have on twitter including Rene
    07-23-2011 01:29 AM
    Damn, they took away the keyboard animation in beta 3 where if you're typing a text and and press cancel, it would first bring down the body and then the keyboard.

I guess it was a bug.
    07-23-2011 01:31 AM
    So far my photos haven't sync'd back at all. i just have a camera roll and a photo stream album. iTunes issue? Lion issue?
    07-23-2011 01:33 AM
    So far my photos haven't sync'd back at all. i just have a camera roll and a photo stream album. iTunes issue? Lion issue?
    I have all my pictures dumped into iPhoto in one album. They synced back
    07-23-2011 01:37 AM
    Have you noticed the scrolling bug? Many have on twitter including Rene
    Garz, I'm not totally sure I know what I am looking for... if I scroll, I can "push" the display and it will continue to scroll for a second or two, depending on how hard I push. I think it's always done that... I do see that the screen is kind of "jaggy" - a byproduct of the scrolling not being "smooth"... is that it?
    07-23-2011 01:50 AM
    Damn, they took away the keyboard animation in beta 3 where if you're typing a text and and press cancel, it would first bring down the body and then the keyboard.

I guess it was a bug.
    Yeah, I did notice that. it was kind of a cool effect... obviously, it was a bug
    07-23-2011 01:51 AM
    Yeah, I did notice that. it was kind of a cool effect... obviously, it was a bug
    I liked that bug :-) ... Hmmm, now I am debating beta 4 .. Or should I wait for beta 5 ... I will give it 24 hours and see how battery life is for everyone as that was the major reason for me downgrading.
    07-23-2011 01:56 AM
    Garz, I'm not totally sure I know what I am looking for... if I scroll, I can "push" the display and it will continue to scroll for a second or two, depending on how hard I push. I think it's always done that... I do see that the screen is kind of "jaggy" - a byproduct of the scrolling not being "smooth"... is that it?
    Yes. Normally it's smooth but now it's shaky.
    07-23-2011 01:56 AM
    i have been hammering safari since the update and have yet to crash. would have easily a few times by now with beta 3
    07-23-2011 02:12 AM
    Just an iPad 2 and touch user on windows.

The iPad Ota went real quickly, the touch not so. Less that a minute took forever.

There is still no iTunes for windows update available, so can't sync or use wifi sync yet.

Btw, re Netflix. I uninstall, re-installed it on the pad, and was able to play streams again.

I currently have Netflix 1.4.0 build 930547, but now the app store tells me there is a new version, but it's version 1.3.0. I'll keep 1.4.
    07-23-2011 07:26 AM
    Just an iPad 2 and touch user on windows.

The iPad Ota went real quickly, the touch not so. Less that a minute took forever.

There is still no iTunes for windows update available, so can't sync or use wifi sync yet.

Btw, re Netflix. I uninstall, re-installed it on the pad, and was able to play streams again.

I currently have Netflix 1.4.0 build 930547, but now the app store tells me there is a new version, but it's version 1.3.0. I'll keep 1.4.
    The Windows download is up now. I just downloaded it.
    07-23-2011 08:42 AM
    The Windows download is up now. I just downloaded it.
    There was a link in the Developer's forum from yesterday afternoon on... glad to see that it's now available from the download section.
    07-23-2011 09:54 AM
    small gaps on each side of notification(s) on the lockscreen

is anyone else experiencing this as well?

I have this too, not a fan. I hope it's a big and not a feature. Looks ugly.
    07-23-2011 10:08 AM
    UPDATE: It looks like the install of iTunes didn't take. The installer shows a different version number than the current version of iTunes. Running the installer a second time.

old ------------------------
    updated to beta 4 of iTunes for Windows (64bit) and an OTA update to iOS5 beta 4, synced with iTunes 2 or 3 times, still no WiFi Sync feature available within iTunes in the Summery section for my iPhone.
    Last edited by macharborguy; 07-23-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    07-23-2011 10:13 AM
    I have this too, not a fan. I hope it's a bug and not a feature. Looks ugly.
    as anal as Apple is i cannot see this staying this way..
    07-23-2011 10:51 AM
    For what it's worth, the Google+ app still craps out when you access the Stream or Profile. Since there's been no new release of the app, I would not expect anything less.
    07-23-2011 11:02 AM
    After numerous syncs, I have some of my photo albums, but not all. And the photos from the missing albums don't appear in the Photo Library either. I should be syncing 1,681 pictures and only have 539. <sigh>
    07-23-2011 11:09 AM
212 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD