SGP iPhone 4 Screen Protector Scracthes/Blemishes?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just bought one of these for my brand new iPhone last week and I understand that there will be some fuzz or light dust under the screen but I've noticed a few tiny scratches. One is somewhat noticeable. I had to remove this screen protector like 10 times in order to get it on correctly. I paid $13 for this protector and I want to know if anyone else had scratches or blemishes with a new screen protector. It came with 2 and I already wasted one applying it. Hate to take it off and apply the one that came with my Otterbox case because that's $13 down the drain.

Did I install it wrong? Does anyone recommend me taking it off and eating the $13 and just applying my Otterbox screen protector more carefully?

Amazon.com: SGP iPhone 4 Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Oleophobic]: Cell Phones & Accessories

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Did you take off both sides of the screen protector?

I ended up taking it off and applying my new one. This one installed flawlessly except I have two tiny air bubbles at the top that will not go away. I have squeegeed the hell out of them. Any suggestions? Thanks :D

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I ended up taking it off and applying my new one. This one installed flawlessly except I have two tiny air bubbles at the top that will not go away. I have squeegeed the hell out of them. Any suggestions? Thanks :D

I just did my iPad today way more difficult but I read here to try to use lil soapy water ( not alot it is not water friendly lol) I know the method works on windows and stickers but I was it works on screens too apples the same just way easier getting air bubble out and no micro fibers stuck underneath

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I've dropped my iphone 4 three times already (it's easy to keep track when you nearly have a heart attack every time) and i have one very tiny scratch on the back of the phone. The glass is so strong why even buy a screen protector? And plus they just don't feel right to me, I used an invisi shield with my 3GS and it felt so weird I hated it.

Covers

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i also have the sgp screen protector an i too am igetting scratches, i think its inevitable. so in the end save your money go ebay and buy those 3 packs for a buck

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I paid $13 for this protector and I want to know if anyone else had scratches or blemishes with a new screen protector.
Neer had such problems with any of the SGP screen protectors that I have ordered. I did have a problem with the adhesive separating from one of their screen protectors for the iPad2 but they quickly shipped a replacement.

The glass is so strong why even buy a screen protector?
Because it isn't unscratchable.

And plus they just don't feel right to me, I used an invisi shield with my 3GS and it felt so weird I hated it.
Screen protectors aren't all identical. Not all have the feel of the Invisible Shield.

i also have the sgp screen protector an i too am igetting scratches, i think its inevitable. so in the end save your money go ebay and buy those 3 packs for a buck
Depends on your usage. One of mine has scratches. The rest do not. Screen protectors are designed to be a sacrificial part. They keep your screen from getting scratched. The protector itself can get scratched, depending on the material and (again) your usage.

The Invisible Shield has a texture that many don't seem to like but it does seem to be more scratch resistant in my experience. I still prefer SGP's.

Last edited:

avery

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the guys at the Apple store put it on for me. They have an airtight box that they put it in and it comes out without any bubbles or dust.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711