Dock Extender

Sketso

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I searched the forums, and found all sorts of threads covering my problem (docking an iPhone with a thicker case, like my OtterBox Defender), but never really found solutions other than the occasional link to a few cheap cables here and there that get BLEGH! reviews.

Finally, after a bit of Googling extreme, I found a dock extension cable (also sells on Amazon) that seems to get a lot of POSITIVE reviews. A little more pricey than some, but for quality, it's usually worth it. I'm going to order one this weekend and give it a try. I'm looking forward to being able to connect my phone to the speaker/charging dock I've got at work again!

dockXtender: Dock Extender Cable for iPad, iPhone and iPod

Last edited:

Sketso

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Nice thought, but...

1) comments on the review state it doesn't work well with cases with a flip-up dock cover, like the otterbox, and...
2) I want to dock with my speaker/charging dock at work, not just the USB port on a computer. The standard sync cable works fine for that.

I probably should have made that clearer in my post. Sorry 'bout that, will edit.

Osumailguy

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
One of the comments on the $5.50 cable was:
Does only support syncing and charging. I was gonne use this with my iPad, to connect it to my tv with an a/v cable. This does not work. Becouse that didn't work, i tried to use it with my fm-transmitter. That didn't work either. So my conclusion is that it only support syncing, and charging