updated apple bumpers- no more scratches?

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
So I just got my iP4 and picked up a bumper, then I read all these posts, threads, etc. all back in 2010 about how the bumper is chewing up the stainless steel band. I took my bumper off, and nothing, so I put it back on.

Does anybody know if the updated bumpers designed to fit the AT&T & Verizon iPhones still chew up the band? Seems like there are 2 competing theories to all of this- 1) the bumper itself is scratching the band and 2) when dirt gets inbetween the bumper and the band, magic happens and you get a scratch...

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
damn, that's what I was afraid of- how long did u have it on?

So far, so good- every day I wipe down the phone with a microfiber and wipe the inside of the case with the microfiber...

I ordered the power support crystal film & a microfiber sleeve... I'll keep the bumper on until then.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I've never had a bumper scratch my iPhone, official Apple one or one of the cheap knock-offs I have. I've been using a bumper since I got my free one off and on so I take them off a lot.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I had it on for several days in a row this week. I took it off.
The stainless steel band is so fresh and so clean!

Some minor dust in the bumper, but no grit or anything like that.

I had an incase slider on my 3gs and the grit and other stuff scratched up the back.

I'm pretty paranoid since I just got my wViP 4, it's on a bumper and then I wrap it in a microfiber that I got with my glasses. So I think that blocks out a lot of the pocket lint, etc that gets in between the case and phone.

I should be getting a microfiber sleeve and the power support crystal films this weekend.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have a black bumper from Apple and I had a few scratches. Had to get a replacement and I installed Ghost Armor around the band. The biggest problem with the bumper and removing it constantly is that I have apparently stretched it out and on the top near the 3.5mm jack is all stretched out.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the white Apple bumper and I don't have a scratch on my phone... I've had the bumper about a month now, when my Incase slider randomly broke.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
dmt316

I've got the black bumper on my iPhone4 since last year with no scratches. Bought the Seidio Jr. dock, and i can charge the phone with the bumper on.:)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have a black bumper from Apple and I had a few scratches. Had to get a replacement and I installed Ghost Armor around the band. The biggest problem with the bumper and removing it constantly is that I have apparently stretched it out and on the top near the 3.5mm jack is all stretched out.

Yep, mine stretched out until it tore.

does the phone fir in the dock with a bumper on??

Nope.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I like my Apple bumper a lot. I have not had any issues with it scratching my phone. When I do take it off, I wipe down the inside of the bumper with a silicone gun cleaning cloth. It not only gets all the dust and grime off, but it puts on a very fine layer of silicone. You should try it out. It really works well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro