Hi all.

I'm trying to find the perfect solution to use my iP4 for VZW as a golf gps. Since most of the apps (at least the good ones) are battery drainers, I'm hoping to find a batter case that has a holster that will allow the phone to face outward and be clipped onto my golf bag.

Does anyone know if this exists? I've given thought to just using an Otterbox Defender and then having a mini batter boost attachment to put on if need be, but I'd rather not have all of these pieces as it would be cumbersome.

Your help is much appreciated.
    04-06-2011 03:17 PM
    Taylormade Golf makes one. They offer both a horizontal and vertical type. very nice case. Check on eBay too.
    04-07-2011 08:07 AM
    hoosieriphone, thanks for the input.

I guess to be more specific I'm looking for something similar to the Mophie Juice Pack Air that has a swivel belt clip holster that allows the phone to face outward and be clipped to the golf bag.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    04-08-2011 08:32 AM
    Why not get a Golflogix GPS. The batteries are rechargeable, and it comes with the swivel belt clip that you want. Don't download the free app from Golflogix, because it is a battery drainer. By the way, you can get an attachment that allows the unit to hang from a golf bag, face out.
    04-11-2011 06:06 PM
    Why not get a Golflogix GPS. The batteries are rechargeable, and it comes with the swivel belt clip that you want. Don't download the free app from Golflogix, because it is a battery drainer. By the way, you can get an attachment that allows the unit to hang from a golf bag, face out.
    Thank you for the reply, but the reason I won't get a separate unit is because there are yearly subscription fees, same reason I won't download the Golflogix APP. Also, I have a Skycaddie and have had one for years, but again don't feel it necessary to constantly pay for a yearly subscription. Golfshot is a great golf GPS app and is very intuitive, gives the necessary info right away without having to hassle. Of course, it is a battery drainer as GPS is constanly on and so is the screen, even in powersave mode, thus the reason for my query.

So again, I ask all in the know...is there a battery case out there that has a holster w/ swivel belt clip that will also allow the phone screen to face outward?
    04-12-2011 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD