I am looking at getting an airport extreme since I have an iphone 4 a Macbook and an ipad.

My question is when you set it up can you set it up for both the mac and the pc? As I have a PC I use as well and I have bootcamp on my Macbook as well.

I have a linksys E1000 router and I don't really like it as I'm always having to reset it as it seems to cause issues with loading webpages.

What is anyone's experience with the Airport Extreme?

Thanks
    04-05-2011 06:12 PM
    I own one. We use an iMac, two macbook pros and a Windows desktop with it. Absolutely no problems. We also have a shared external that all of the computers can read. The guest network is nice for when we have friends over. I love it.
    04-05-2011 06:17 PM
    Is it really easy to set up?

On my linksys you set it up with software and then you set it up via the web and if you want to add a guest network you have to reset it and use the software again and it is really annoying!

Can you change any of the setting on the Airport easily?

$179 for that router is not a bad price!!
    04-05-2011 06:20 PM
    I am looking at getting an airport extreme since I have an iphone 4 a Macbook and an ipad.

My question is when you set it up can you set it up for both the mac and the pc? As I have a PC I use as well and I have bootcamp on my Macbook as well.

I have a linksys E1000 router and I don't really like it as I'm always having to reset it as it seems to cause issues with loading webpages.

What is anyone's experience with the Airport Extreme?

Thanks
    Rock solid... I've had mine for about 5 months and not the first issue. Haven't had to reset it once... unlike my old Linksys...

Works with perfectly with my MacBook Pro, wife's HP Laptop, HP printer, iPad, iPhones (several in the family), BlackBerry phones (a couple of those, too), Android (yep, even got some of them around), Apple TVs, Mac Mini and any other device I connect to it...

Configuration is pretty simple - just launch the Airport utility and follow the prompts, or switch to manual configuration mode and do it all by hand...
    04-05-2011 09:25 PM
    Nice I am really wanting to get one thanks for the info!
    04-05-2011 10:26 PM
    You can save a bit of money if you get a refurbished one. Also this is relevant info that may help you.
    04-06-2011 01:36 AM
    Possibly the best router I've ever owned. I've had one for about a year now and the only time it's had to reset was when it was updating. Have an iMac, MacBook, two iPhones, ps3 and my girlfriends windows Pc running almost all the time and have had no issues. I also split the USB port and have two external drives, one for my MacBooks time machine and one for storage for everything to use. Never had issues!! You won't be disappointed
    04-06-2011 08:03 AM
    Thanks for the info guys this is really helpful.

I plan on getting one as I'm HATE my E1000 router as I don't have full power on wifi in my condo and it is only 900sqft single lvl and when I say go into my Kitchen I lose connectivity and the room where the router is behind the wall there so should be an issue!

I can't wait till I get one!
    04-06-2011 10:44 AM
    I might be late to the party but have had an airport for close to 5 years ago and have only had one issue with it and took it to the apple store they did a software update and that was it. It has been rock solid... it this one craps out will buy another one and we have a house full of apple stuff...
    04-08-2011 12:16 AM
    I have two Airport Extremes running on my network. I bought them both through Ebay and both have been running for 2 years without a hitch. Never had to reboot or even go back to look at the configurations since being installed. I highly recommend it.
    04-08-2011 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD