That is the question...wondering if any clumsy gadget geeks like myself have gone with or without a case while in the house(regardless, I'm making sure this thing's protected when I leave the place). I like the protection, but LOVE the feel of it while it's out and about...just too chicken to watch myself and my girlfriend use it naked figure maybe some people who are used to the sound of battery covers falling apart and believe dents and scratches on a phone is a sign of mystique and class(not to mention good workmanship) could let me know if they took the plunge, and possibly give me a little confidence to take the plunge myself.
    03-21-2011 01:18 PM
    With all the phones I've ever had, I've never went with a case and never will. Right now I have the Samsung Fascinate and it's so slim and sleek that I'd had to cover it up.

With the iPad though, I can't bring myself to use it without a case. I have the original iPad and used it for 2 days before I picked up the Apple case for it. I just didn't feel right carrying it around, or tossing it in the back seat of my car without some protection.
    03-22-2011 11:39 AM
    Ive been debating the same thing. I just recently bought an Orange Smart Cover for my iPad 2. I have nothing on the back right now. I bought an INCASE black pouch to carry my ipad around in. Whenever I lay my iPad down I flip the smart cover over so the metal back doesnt get scratched.
    03-22-2011 03:24 PM
    Whenever I lay my iPad down I flip the smart cover over so the metal back doesnt get scratched.
    I'd be afraid of picking something up that would scratch the screen when you close it. It's why I went with the Incase versus Apple for my iPad 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-22-2011 03:46 PM
    I'm more worried about the back than the screen. I was thinking of potentially getting the Smart Cover when I have some extra cash. Mostly for it's multiple uses as a stand. I hate that it doesn't cover the back though.*

There are some promising looking cases on Amazon that haven't been released yet. May wait it out for one of them.*

But, I'm a paranoid geek like yourself. It's scares the hell out of me to see one of my woman's kids handle it. I do feel safe with it fully naked, though... When I'm handling it anyway...

(knocks on wood)
    03-22-2011 05:14 PM
    Whenever I lay my iPad down I flip the smart cover over so the metal back doesnt get scratched.
    How is that working out so far? Does it pick up dirt and grime by doing that?
    03-22-2011 05:16 PM
    How is that working out so far? Does it pick up dirt and grime by doing that?
    I'm nor having any issues doing this.
    03-25-2011 07:30 PM
    I have the white iPad 2 with the Navy leather case and for the back I ordered the BodyGuardz front and back.
    03-25-2011 07:54 PM
    I picked up the Targus TPU case from amazon but won't let you use the smart cover. The incipio feather doesn't either but apparently a new one is in the works that will.

My phone I prefer without a case as it's in my pocket but the iPad can have a slim case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-25-2011 08:39 PM
    Definitely WITH a case, I spent $600+ for this electronic "toy" and I'm making sure it stays perfect! My iPad is my electronic recipe book and an educational tool for preschoolers, among other things, so I needed a stand on the back...

I went with the Case-Mate Pop!

03-25-2011 11:50 PM
    I've been using the invisibleshield full body protection. I like the fact that it doesn't add any size or weight to the ipad itself.
    04-04-2011 02:32 PM
    Just put a skin on it with the Smart Cover. I got my skin from Gelaskins and it works and looks great.
    04-04-2011 02:45 PM
    I did Zagg skin on back only for home use.
    04-04-2011 05:20 PM
    Red smart cover on the front and white iCarbons film on the back.

04-04-2011 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD