Does anyone charge their iPhone with their 10W iPad charger? I do and I see it charges my iPhone noticeably faster than the regular iPhone charger. I wonder if ultimately I'm harming my iPhone. Any thoughts/comments/opinions are greatly appreciated.
    03-13-2011 09:40 PM
    I wondered about that myself in the past - but never enough to look or (egads) try it... however, according to the Apple website, it appears to be "ok" to do:

Apple iPad 10W USB Power Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

The various iPhones and iPod models are listed in the "compatible with" section of the page...
    Last edited by Fausty82; 03-13-2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Icyhot1966 likes this.
    03-13-2011 11:17 PM
    Thanks Hank. I actually have that additional iPad charger with the 6 foot cord that you linked. And after reading a few Q&A's on that page, I think its ok to charge my iPhone with.
    03-14-2011 01:16 AM
    Does anyone charge their iPhone with their 10W iPad charger? I do and I see it charges my iPhone noticeably faster than the regular iPhone charger. I wonder if ultimately I'm harming my iPhone. Any thoughts/comments/opinions are greatly appreciated.
    I do. I went to the apple store hoping to buy a daisy chain solution to make the USB cable longer by like a foot and the genius person told me that this iPad charging thing would work perfectly and charge it faster. It definitely does. I just hope it doesn't fry my phone.

It does say on the box that it's for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPod Nano.
    03-14-2011 01:06 PM
    OMG really?! I'll be damned if this doesn't solve my biggest iPhone peeve - the charging cable is too short! There's a 6 ft. one?? Looks like I'm hitting up the Apple Store today...
    03-14-2011 01:21 PM
    You could get a USB cable extender for like $5 online.
    03-14-2011 02:18 PM
    OMG really?! I'll be damned if this doesn't solve my biggest iPhone peeve - the charging cable is too short! There's a 6 ft. one?? Looks like I'm hitting up the Apple Store today...
    same here! longer is better

You could get a USB cable extender for like $5 online.
    and not use OEM? just for peace of mind alone i do not use anything else on my iPhone
    03-14-2011 02:31 PM
    Exactly. I am not using anything to charge my iPad or my iPhone unless it comes from Apple. I personally don't think it will fry our phones, and it sure does charge it faster.
    03-14-2011 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD