iPhone/iPad Chargers

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone charge their iPhone with their 10W iPad charger? I do and I see it charges my iPhone noticeably faster than the regular iPhone charger. I wonder if ultimately I'm harming my iPhone. Any thoughts/comments/opinions are greatly appreciated.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Hank. I actually have that additional iPad charger with the 6 foot cord that you linked. And after reading a few Q&A's on that page, I think its ok to charge my iPhone with.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone charge their iPhone with their 10W iPad charger? I do and I see it charges my iPhone noticeably faster than the regular iPhone charger. I wonder if ultimately I'm harming my iPhone. Any thoughts/comments/opinions are greatly appreciated.

I do. I went to the apple store hoping to buy a daisy chain solution to make the USB cable longer by like a foot and the genius person told me that this iPad charging thing would work perfectly and charge it faster. It definitely does. I just hope it doesn't fry my phone.

It does say on the box that it's for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPod Nano.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OMG really?! I'll be damned if this doesn't solve my biggest iPhone peeve - the charging cable is too short! There's a 6 ft. one?? Looks like I'm hitting up the Apple Store today...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
OMG really?! I'll be damned if this doesn't solve my biggest iPhone peeve - the charging cable is too short! There's a 6 ft. one?? Looks like I'm hitting up the Apple Store today...

same here! longer is better :D

You could get a USB cable extender for like $5 online.

and not use OEM? just for peace of mind alone i do not use anything else on my iPhone

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. I am not using anything to charge my iPad or my iPhone unless it comes from Apple. I personally don't think it will fry our phones, and it sure does charge it faster.