Pouch or protective case for at work? NOT Otterbox.

xMassacrex

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys.

New here, ive been reading through the threads here for years though. Just decided to register though.

I need some help from my TiPb brethren.
Im looking for some type of case/pouch that i can put my phone in for work.
I work around deep fryers/flour/chemical/water pretty much my entire shift.

Im allowed to listen to music while i work, but i cant stand the idea of putting my iPhone into my pocket. my pants tend to get wet/grease on them.

so i need something to keep my phone dry and safe. not even necessarily to be able to text or whatever, all i care to do is listen to music.

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated guys.
Thanks a lot.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Why not an Otterbox? Is it the brand itself, or one particular version? Perhaps the Commuter would suit your purposes more than the Defender?

xMassacrex

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
its mostly because i dont need something that the otterbox brand is designed for. i need something water/grease resistant with really only a way to access the headphone jack. I dont aim to use the device for anything besides music during work. so texting/email is somewhat irrelevant for me.

It seems like a pouch of some sort would be perfect, but i need the device to be entirely enclosed.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There are actually several companies selling pouches that are very much like ziplock baggies. I'll have more information in a week, cause I'm meeting with them all at CTIA next week.

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think I recall seeing a pouch/clear bag so to speak with an accommodation for a headset. I wanna say it's called an overboard pouch. I know that wasn't very specific but maybe something like that