iPad 2 Smart Cover question

katiiegm

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I have watched the videos about the new Smart Covers several times and I can't figure out if the smart cover will fold flat against the back of the iPad like a book cover when you are just reading something and you don't need to prop it up on the stand. Or do you have to remove it every time? If you have to remove it, as cute and clever as it looks, I just can't see that working for me. Where do you put it? How long would it take me to take it off and leave it somewhere?

Since it was the covers that caught my eye in the launch video, I am now wondering if it is worth it up upgrade.

I know most people have ot held one of these but does anyone want to guess as to how it will work?

Thanks

miabs1

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I believe its magnetic, just "clips" it self to the iPad2. The idea is just to roll it back into a stand. I guess if you wanted just to remove it...maybe think about getting a regular case for the iPad2.

I was just wondering if it work for the iPad1

njaremka

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have watched the videos about the new Smart Covers several times and I can't figure out if the smart cover will fold flat against the back of the iPad like a book cover when you are just reading something and you don't need to prop it up on the stand. Or do you have to remove it every time? If you have to remove it, as cute and clever as it looks, I just can't see that working for me. Where do you put it? How long would it take me to take it off and leave it somewhere?

Since it was the covers that caught my eye in the launch video, I am now wondering if it is worth it up upgrade.

I know most people have ot held one of these but does anyone want to guess as to how it will work?

Thanks

it will fold flat across the back, so you dont have to roll it or remove it all the time.

I believe its magnetic, just "clips" it self to the iPad2. The idea is just to roll it back into a stand. I guess if you wanted just to remove it...maybe think about getting a regular case for the iPad2.

I was just wondering if it work for the iPad1

the smart cover is not compatible with the ipad1 because it uses magnets built into the ipad2 to hold it to the side. it is entirely possible that there will be 3rd party covers made to mimic the apple cover for the ipad1, but it still may be too early to tell ont hat one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice