I just got the ViP at figure you ATT peeps could give me some advice since you've had 8 months of insight. I think I can get by with a wrap because I rarely drop my phone. An I also like the idea of not havin to remove my case to use my car mount and docks. On the other hand, I love the looks of the aluminum bumpers but worry about debris getting between the parts and scratching causing me to be stuck in a case forever.

Which ones to avoid? Will the wraps come off/peel easy if I use a front pocket often? What others issues am I not considering?

BTW the skin I was looking at is a slickwrap carbon.
    Thanks

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk
    02-21-2011 02:09 AM
    Aluminum bumpers are cool but they bulk up the device more than a case would, as for wraps... decalgirl.com has some really cool ones with matching backgrounds.. and I had one for a while and got bored with it... I much rather prefer a case I can just take off whenever I like and roll naked if I wanted to or switch it up with another case....

I didn't have any real issues in and out of my pocket, was cool just didn't offer enough protection if I dropped it.. but to each their own
    02-21-2011 02:55 AM
    I have been using iColorWraps for a few months now, even though I love cases. I tried a few Slickwraps products, and found that the metal really degraded my signal, and I had to remove them within (literally) hours of applying them. (Their customer service offered no support either - they promised to replace the side part and never did.)

The important part is that you use a good screen protector on front and back if you use a wrap.
    02-21-2011 06:53 AM
    Thank you both. Alli, the invisible shield is available to me locally, would you recommend that or another front shield.

02-21-2011 10:55 AM
    I've found the Invisible Shield to be very thick, difficult to install, and doesn't last particularly well.

For your first set, I would go with BestSkinsEver, which are really inexpensive, and seem to be as good as most of the more expensive shields.
    02-21-2011 12:18 PM
    Thank you very much. I think my choice will be a slick wrap rear carbon fiber with the side and front covers you recommended. I'll post pics when I get them.

02-21-2011 02:25 PM
    Ended up with slickwraps carbon fiber full body kit and a black apple bumper. I love the look and fits all my needs. I am very pleased with the quality and look of the whole setup.

03-11-2011 11:30 PM
    I did something similar. I did the icarbon wrap with a white bumper.
    03-12-2011 12:57 AM
    To my mind case should be clear and thin.
    iPhone nice anought to not cover it.
    03-18-2011 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD