Best screen protector to get (front/back)

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the Verizon iPhone 4 on Saturday and I am really nervous to have it very long without any screen protector on it. I literally think I'm going to run out that day right after and immediately try to find one because this is my first iPhone ever and I want it looking near perfect! And I'm definately going to find a case for it which I am still trying to find a good one to buy. But about the screen protectors... I am looking for one that protects the front AND back and doesn't make the screen look crappy. I've been looking all over this forum for reviews of screen protectors but I am still unsure and need a little help. I was thinking of the Zagg Invisible Shield but I have been hearing bad things about it from it yellowing to really taking away from the retina display. Can anyone help suggest a good screen protector that will protect my phone from scratches but make my phone look like it almost doesn't have one on? I have heard good things about the SGP Clear screen protectors but I am not aware they have protection for the back. I'm sorry if this has been discussed, I have looked at threads of people talking about screen protectors but I still have doubts and questions of what to get!:confused: Thanks for your help beforehand!

jared

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the Invisashield by Zagg. There is a kiosk for it at one of the malls near me. I paid them to install it and it has a lifetime warranty. If I ever want a new front or back put on for any reason they will install one for 5 bucks. It's been on for a week now and I like it. I have had the disposable ones for past phones and I really didn't like them. I want to see if I can get away without a case for the iphone because I keep it in my pocket and I don't need the extra bulk.

Reactions: cheerleadingchizzy

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I used the screen protector that came with my case that I got off ebay, I wanted the agent18 clear case but its not available for the Verizon iPhone yet so I got a similar clear case off ebay for $8, I love this case, very slim and it doesnt add bulk to my phone. It also comes with screen protectors so I put a front screen protector on the front and the back and my case over it. I like this case so much that I bought 3 of them, one for my brother and one as a backup

VERIZON APPLE iPHONE 4G CLEAR HARD THIN CASE COVER NEW - eBay (item 350438243956 end time Mar-09-11 20:56:19 PST) The one i got, I love this case

ClearShield for iPhone 4 The one I wanted, might get it when and if they release a Verizon version

Mk4Jetta

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Invisible Shield and I am pretty happy with it, the orange peel texture of it does take away from the retina display slightly. Not really enough to bother me. Ghost Armor | Home makes a very similar product but without the orange peel effect. I have never tried them before but have read good reviews.

nitsuj

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought the whole point of the high tech super hard glass screen on the iPhone meant you don't need a screen protector? I carried my Moto Droid naked for over a year and never got a scratch on the screen and I'm pretty hard on phones. Is the iPhone screen not as durable?

Jf15

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I used zagg for the back which gives it a little grip too and I used the basic screen protector from Verizon that comes in a 3 pack for the front. It looks perfect and you can't tell any protection is on it.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Best screen protector to get (front/back)
You always need to qualify exactly what you mean by "best" whenever you use the word. Different screen protectors have different pros and cons. The Invisible Shield is extremely durable but has a slightly tacky feel and can affect image quality slightly. SGP and Power Support's clear screen protectors are very clear and are much smoother (more like the bare glass) to the touch. SGP also offer an oleophobic screen protector which is a plus if you're averse to smudges.

Just keep in mind that it's rare that there's a universal best anything (whether it's screen protectors or any other product out there) or else everyone would be using whatever that happened to be.

I thought the whole point of the high tech super hard glass screen on the iPhone meant you don't need a screen protector?
The "point" is that scratch resistance is improved but it's not unscratchable.

I carried my Moto Droid naked for over a year and never got a scratch on the screen and I'm pretty hard on phones.
...and there are Droid owners who were careful with their Droids and scratched their screens. Don't assume a trend based on a single data point. It takes at least two points to even define a line.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so far for your advice everyone! :) Briareus... sorry for not clarifying, how silly of me. I would prefer a clear one one that looks like bare glass, but the thing is I am really nervous of having to do it myself. Applying liquid to my phone seems scary to me. I might have to go with the Zagg Invisible Shield even though its not my first choice at all just because I know Best Buy will install them. Either that or Ghost Armor because as far as I know, they have a stand in my local mall. I want to get the Clear-coat but again, I am very nervous about applying it myself! I don't wanna break my phone while I'm trying to protect it:( Any advice about applying them? I know people have done the procedure of applying these protectors millions of times but how do you make sure you don't cause water damage to your phone if water gets in the speaker while you're applying it?

nitsuj

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The "point" is that scratch resistance is improved but it's not unscratchable.

I didn't mean to imply it's unscratchable. I was more asking if screen protectors are necessary on modern glass faced smart phones. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they aren't. I'm asking.

...and there are Droid owners who were careful with their Droids and scratched their screens. Don't assume a trend based on a single data point. It takes at least two points to even define a line.

I'm not drawing a line, and I'm not assuming a trend. Glass is hard. Harder than steel. Harder than most things that the phone would come in contact with in ones pocket. That isn't an assumed data point on my part. The Rockwell hardness of glass is easily verified. LOTS of people carry their phones naked and report no issues. You can go to Youtube and find videos of people trying to scratch their smart phone screens with various materials, usually to no ill effect. So it is an existing trend, not some wild idea I just puked out. ;-) Which is why I questioned, aloud, if screen protectors are really needed on an iPhone 4. If you believe they are, cool. I'm not arguing the point. I simply wanted to bring it to the discussion.

You saying there are Droid owners who scratched their screen is no different than me saying there are Droid owners who haven't scratched their screen.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to go to the mall and getting it installed just so I don't risk messing up my phone... my dad tried putting on the zagg cover by himself on one of my old phones and put it on poorly and he probably would do a better job of putting it on between the two of us. I have to make sure that it's case friendly because I didn't realize some of the screen protectors don't work well with cases... since I'll be either getting a case or a bumper

jared

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The guy at the mall did a bang up job installing mine. I guess if you do anything all day you get to be very good at it. I was always terrible at putting screen protectors on my Droid and my Storm. I was skeptical about the liquid too, but it's a real fine mist and they just kind of spray it in the air and let it land on the phone.

Oh, the Invisashield is case friendly. You just have to wit 24 hours after install. I got the Invisashield in an attempt to avoid a case.

RealDeal71

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered this from BodyGuardz (I have less than 10 posts and cannot post links so please bear with me). You can see them at:

w w w dot bodyguardz dot com

Search for "Apple iPhone 4 (Dry Apply) SCREEN protectors"

I bought these based off of several reviews, including this video review at:

w w w dot sprintusers dot com /ces-bodyguardz-followup-installation-video/

These are dry apply.

You can use coupon code BMAi30 for 30% off your order.

I'll let you know how it goes once I receive and install. Good luck!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone does scratch I've found hairline scratches on a week old iPhone. I just put on Power Support crystal. I've tried many brands but this is the best. It's like it's not even on the phone so clear that screen quality is not affected at all. Read reviews online Power Support crystal.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so far for your advice everyone! :) Briareus... sorry for not clarifying, how silly of me. I would prefer a clear one one that looks like bare glass, but the thing is I am really nervous of having to do it myself. Applying liquid to my phone seems scary to me. I might have to go with the Zagg Invisible Shield even though its not my first choice at all just because I know Best Buy will install them. Either that or Ghost Armor because as far as I know, they have a stand in my local mall. I want to get the Clear-coat but again, I am very nervous about applying it myself! I don't wanna break my phone while I'm trying to protect it:( Any advice about applying them? I know people have done the procedure of applying these protectors millions of times but how do you make sure you don't cause water damage to your phone if water gets in the speaker while you're applying it?

When applying them you just have to make sure that you use alot of solution and also spray it on your fingers so that you can move the protector easily on the phone. When you squeegee you do it away from any openings.

I have done my phones numerous of times and had no issues of getting them in the speakers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner