I'm new to the forums and just got my iPhone a couple of weeks ago. I have a Seidio Innocase II and have ordered an OtterBox Defender. If anyone has experience, which do you like and why?
    I like the sleek look of the Innocase but have heard the clip on the holster cracks off after a short time normal use. I know the OtterBox is bulky, but I used to have a Nextel BB so that doesn't bother me. Any help or advice is appreciated.

chesterhound
    02-16-2011 02:50 PM
    After a lot of research, I bought an OtterBox to protect my iPhone 3GS. It just arrived today and, I must say, I am very impressed with it. I like the solid feel and the fact it covers the ports on the device. I read a post on the forum that OtterBox has amazing customer service and stands behind their product.
    With the case on, my iPhone is about the same size as my old Nextel BB, which doesn't bother me considering the protection it gives.
    My only concern is the screen protector seems to stick to the device screen. Not really an issue when the device is on.
    All in all, I'm pleased with the OtterBox!

chesterhound
    02-19-2011 11:39 AM
    Yes the screen protector sticking to the screen gives it a look like it has water under it or something. Don't notice it as much when the screen isn't black. Whatever they did in the Otterbox for iPhone 4 as far as the screen protector goes, it worked. There is no watery marks now.
    02-19-2011 12:56 PM
    Icyhot:

I found the fix to the problem of the bubbles/oil slick look. I did a little research and found either baby powder OR an anti-glare screen protector was recommended to prevent OtterBox's protective film screen from sticking to the iPhone's screen. No way I was gonna put baby powder on my new iPhone so I went to Best Buy and picked up a 3 pack of iFrogz anti-glare screen protectors ($17.99). I applied one to my iPhone screen (very easy dry application by the way) and then put the OtterBox back on. Problem solved! The screen looks awesome now and the bubbles are gone no matter how hard I press.
    02-19-2011 07:57 PM
    Go with the OtterBox. This is my sixth month with mine and I love it. I work in a factory and do a lot of work outside. The case has taken a beating, but all I had to do was wash it twice. The worst fall was a cart wheel through a puddle at Home Depot. Shoke it off and the phone never missed a beat.
    02-22-2011 04:18 AM
    Go with the otterbox. It has great protection and what you heard about the customer service is true. I had mine since October and the silicon started to sag (I switch cases a lot) and I emailed them and told them, now they are sending me a new one free of charge.
    02-22-2011 06:51 AM
    Everyone:

Glad I got the OtterBox Defender. So far, it has turned out to be just what I needed. For those that have had to get replacements, will OtterBox replace items even after the warranty period? If so, they're even better than I thought. It's hard to imagine needing anything on this case replaced, but I certainly could see it after months or years of daily use.
    Thanks again for all the input.

chesterhound
    02-26-2011 09:05 PM
    What's up neur0tk? I had that screen protector but I dropped the phone like a klutz and it landed face down.. Scratched the screen protector in 4 different places. I took it off and went to Best Buy and bought the invisible shield. I love it! It Covers the entire front of the phone and I personally like the feel of it. Hopefully I won't have to test this one out like the SPG .

I was lucky enough to receive the DInc with both the white and black "back covers". I am in love with the white one! Obviously I didn't want to ruin it, so I purchased the standard $12.00 clear case. It's made from the cheapest plastic known to man but it's doing the job right now!
    03-01-2011 10:52 PM
    Just wanted to add to this thread. I had the Otterbox Defender. It is a fine case butafter about a week I returned it because it is a a bit too bulky for my taste and needs. So I ordered the Seidio Innocase and Holster a combo that I used before with my BB Storm. I have used that for several weeks and am very happy with it. Very well made and more attractive, just a little less protection than the Otterbox. If I was working on a construction site perhaps I would have stayed with the Otterbox. Depends on your needs. I do use an Invisble Shield screen protector that I am very happy with. BTW I habe never had a problem with the Innocase Holster belt clip and used it for over a year with the BB. Their cases are very well made.
    03-04-2011 02:35 PM
    I have both and go with the seidio more often. I am a police officer and it's plenty of protection( I keep my iPhone in my shirt pocket. I will say the otterbox is nice though. I took the screen protector off that comes with it and just use a regular screen protector. My suggestion would be to get the seidio rugged case. You will get the surface 2( which is the inner shell) and the same amount of protection as the otter box with the other 2 layers. There is an option for the rugged value pack which comes with an extra holster for the surface 2 so when you don't need the bulky protection you can just use the surface 2.
    03-04-2011 08:32 PM
    Patrick:

Thanks for the input. I really like OtterBox and don't mind the extra bulk. I really like the product design as well as the protection it provides. Also, the things I've heard about OtterBox customer service are outstanding. I used a Seidio for my old Nextel BB and it was very good too, but I still prefer OtterBox.

chesterhound
    03-05-2011 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD