Replacement Metal Back Cover for AT&T not the same as Verizon

skytower31

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just a warning, I pre-purchased a metal back replacement cover for my ViP before receiving the phone. Went to swap the back covers this afternoon after getting the proper torx screwdriver and found that the little clips that slide and lock the back cover to the phone are not in the same locations as the ViP back cover. Looks like we will need to wait for proper replacement covers to be released.

njaremka

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just a warning, I pre-purchased a metal back replacement cover for my ViP before receiving the phone. Went to swap the back covers this afternoon after getting the proper torx screwdriver and found that the little clips that slide and lock the back cover to the phone are not in the same locations as the ViP back cover. Looks like we will need to wait for proper replacement covers to be released.

yeah, too bad. i saw the comment on ifixit.com. i was hoping to get a steel coloured back to match the sides.

skytower31

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My bro-in-law came over with his AT&T iPhone so someone could at least use the cover. Well any pictures taken with the flash looked terrible. I'm sure it has to do with the plastic lens for the flash and camera vs glass on the stock back. Non-flash pics looked ok.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner