Just received my Verizon iPhone 4 and Otterbox Commuter today and was able to install the case on the iPhone with no problems. It is true that the side volume selector switch is not centered as it most likely is on the AT&T iPhone that it was made for but its movement is not hindered. I will post a picture ASAP.

Added picture to this post as well...
    Last edited by donny7; 02-07-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    Mikerob#IM likes this.
    02-07-2011 05:29 PM
    Please do man, Im very VERY interested in this. Thanks.
    02-07-2011 05:50 PM
    I'm not trying to dispute anything here, but I'm curious by what you mean by the side volume selector not being centered? I tried my Otterbox defender from my ATT iphone and it fit fine. The volume buttons
    aligned perfect.
    02-07-2011 06:05 PM
    I'm not trying to dispute anything here, but I'm curious by what you mean by the side volume selector not being centered? I tried my Otterbox defender from my ATT iphone and it fit fine. The volume buttons
    aligned perfect.
    The Up/Down volume buttons were not moved but the selector switch has been moved slightly. I am trying my best to take a good picture.
    02-07-2011 06:08 PM
    Photo is attached in this post. If anyone wants more pictures I will do the best I can.
    02-07-2011 06:12 PM
    where is the pic?
    02-07-2011 06:14 PM
    Refresh the page.. I forgot to press upload :-)
    02-07-2011 06:14 PM
    Oh okay. I got ya now.
    02-07-2011 06:17 PM
    Just looks like it would need a little bit cut out with an exacto knife or something. Looks good though
    02-07-2011 06:22 PM
    Just looks like it would need a little bit cut out with an exacto knife or something. Looks good though
    Yea problem with that is the "Up" Button is very close and i would rather just leave it
    02-07-2011 06:48 PM
    the at&t defender case fits the verizon? i'll prob get one now cause the case i got with verizon is not very good...its just some beltclip thingy
    02-07-2011 10:12 PM
    do the volume buttons on the case fit directly over the iPhone's volume buttons or are they a offset a bit like the selector
    02-07-2011 10:46 PM
    do the volume buttons on the case fit directly over the iPhone's volume buttons or are they a offset a bit like the selector
    On my defender case they align perfectly.
    02-08-2011 02:04 AM
    On the commuter case that I pictured above everything seems to align and fit perfectly except for the selector switch that I pictured.
    02-08-2011 10:44 AM
    Does the up and down buttons still fit into the 2 button slots?
    02-08-2011 12:33 PM
    Does the up and down buttons still fit into the 2 button slots?
    Yes.........
    02-08-2011 01:16 PM
    donny7...overall would your recommend the commuter case for the verizon iphone 4 or not? it is my favorite case by otterbox, but the fit for the verizon phone is my only concern. since you have physically been with both the phone and the case, does it seem possible/like a good idea to shave off some of the case to make room for the volume selector switch? thank you
    02-08-2011 06:55 PM
    donny7...overall would your recommend the commuter case for the verizon iphone 4 or not? it is my favorite case by otterbox, but the fit for the verizon phone is my only concern. since you have physically been with both the phone and the case, does it seem possible/like a good idea to shave off some of the case to make room for the volume selector switch? thank you
    I know your question is directed at the OP, but I wanted to chime in. I'm using
    the defender case which also uses the rubber/silicone (whatever it is). I used
    it on my ATT iPhone and now on the Verizon one. I really don't think it's worth
    shaving off some of it just to get the full switch. It's easy enough to get to and
    switch anyway.

By the way, Otterbox is already going to have the defender case for the VZW
    iPhone on Thursday. I'm sure the other series cases will soon follow.
    02-08-2011 07:18 PM
    Thank you for the info. However, I'm not interested in the defender and would still like donny's opinion since he has both the phone and the case that I am interested in. On the otterbox website, it mentions nothing about any of the other series coming out with new versions for the vzw iphone besides the defender. maybe that will change though.
    02-08-2011 07:32 PM
    Photo is attached in this post. If anyone wants more pictures I will do the best I can.
    Thanks a ton, Donny7!! I signed up for this message group just so I could see the picture and make an informed decision about the case I buy for my wife and I's VZW iPhone4 phones. I want to take advantage of the deals that can be found on the currently available Otterbox Commuter cases found on the net as I am sure the price on the officially "revised and approved" version will be more expensive. Thanks again!
    02-08-2011 10:36 PM
    I would definitely recommend it. I don't think I would shave some of the case to make the selector switch more room only because the selector switch works fine for me with the case as is.. Your call though. The overall fit of the phone inside the case is the same as I would think it is on the AT&T version but I cannot say from experience. If you cant wait for the Verizon version that they are going to put out, I would go ahead and grab it... thats what I did - I didn't want my iPhone seeing a day without a case or an invisible shield.
    02-09-2011 08:00 AM
    your phone still work like a champ with that case on it?
    02-16-2011 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD