Docking/Charging w/Otterbox

randommom#IM

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to iphone & waiting on my ViP4. I prefer Otterbox for my BBs & would like to get one for my iPhone when they are available. Are there any charging docks/speaker sets that work while the case is on? How do you utilize the variois accessories with a hard case? Just remove it?

Joeanthony

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the defender for my iPhone 4 and haven't found any docks that can accommodate the extra bulk. However, I think Otterbox has released a new line of cases, Reflex, which have a removable lower cover (like a slider case) to allow for easy docking. Search it on YouTube and you'll probably find a review.

randommom#IM

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm primarily interested in an Otterbox Defender but if something else is similar that's fine too. I will definitely check out the Reflex, but I know Otterbox won't have any additional ViP4 cases ready right away-they are starting with the Defender, then the Commuter...Thanks.

skytower31

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the Otterbox Commuter. I have a generic eBay dock that I use on my naked iPhone and there is a ton of extra space. I've tried to test fit my wife's phone with the Commuter and it seems like it would fit. The problem is that you would have to trim the bottom dock plug completely off. When you open it up and fold it back, there is too much thickness to fit in the dock.

So if you like the slimmer Commuter case and don't mind trimming the bottom dock plug off, I'm pretty sure the generic eBay dock I have would fit.

woodguy32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
otterbox dock

Old Time Computer has the docks that work with the otterbox..

These sync and charger docks work can work with a thick case like an otterbox..

plus the look cool..:)

rognro1

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the Iphone 4S, and just purchased the Otterbox Commuter cover for it. I researched for a docking station that would not require removing the cover, and finally found one. The SyncStand from sinjimoru has a design that accomodates the flap covering the charging port, so my phone charges perfectly with the Otterbox Commuter case on.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner