Case-Mate Barely There Compatible?

woody24

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the Case-Mate Barely There case for my Verizon iPhone 4 but I wanted to know if anyone has it for theirs yet and if it is compatible. I don't see why it wouldn't be considering it's all open on the side.

Please give me some feedback on that if you guys have any or if you have the case and like it/dislike it.:confused:

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It works im considering that or the elago S4 Slim in piano black. I like the stock finish look on the Elago Piano Black better and its cheaper. Elago is suppose to be better on the flash with the wider opening. They also have soft feel versions that identical to Barely There.

Piano Black | elago
Soft Feel | elago

Last edited:

blu3live

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The Case-Mate site says the Verizon iPhone barely there case is still Coming Soon, the sides aren't all bare, they have a slot for the buttons, yes but I don't know if I'd run the risk.

blu3live

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It works the volume button side is completely open

No it's not.

getDynamicImage.aspx

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
What Jaycee2007 said is correct. I cant remember what the source was (sorry, I'm usually better about stuff like that) but they said any case with an open side WILL in fact work with the Verizon iPhone 4. The dimensions are exactly the same for the phone itself. The ONLY thing that changed was the volume mute switch on the side of the phone was moved down slightly to accommodate the new CDMA antenna around the phone. Aside from that there are no significant differences or Apple would not be able to offer universal bumpers now.

Edit:
Just to clarify, as long as the case in question does not have a dedicated volume mute switch cutout (unless its a universal Apple Bumper case), you will be fine. Even the volume up/down keys are in the same position.

Last edited:

blu3live

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the photo that I posted directly from Case Mate of the volume side of the device if you were to barely move the volume buttons down it would be on the very edge of the case and even possibly bump into it causing a problem. The side isn't completely open.

Case-Mate wouldn't make a new barely there case for the Verizon iPhone if they didn't have to, they would stick with the one they already have.

So why on their Verizon iPhone page would they have the Barely There listed as coming soon?

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have one of those too (wife). Someone forgot to tweak the "argue with you because I can" setting before they were shipped.

p.s. dont just say thanks, click the button! ;)

Reactions: jaycee2007

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the photo that I posted directly from Case Mate of the volume side of the device if you were to barely move the volume buttons down it would be on the very edge of the case and even possibly bump into it causing a problem.

Again...the ONLY thing that has moved down is the VOLUME MUTE SWITCH. Like I said, if this were not the case and everything moved, Apple (you know, the people that MAKE the phone) would not be selling and currently only shipping out universal iPhone 4 bumpers.

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
There you go button clicked. The volume buttons arent moved. If they are we have been getting false info all along and I'll admit Im wrong, but until we recieve them to confirm IM RIGHT!

blu3live

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Again...the ONLY thing that has moved down is the VOLUME MUTE SWITCH. Like I said, if this were not the case and everything moved, Apple (you know, the people that MAKE the phone) would not be selling and currently only shipping out universal iPhone 4 bumpers.

atnt-verizon-iphone-4-comparison-form-buttons.png

And what I'm saying is if that's the case then why is Case-Mate taking the time to make a new case, it would be far more cost effective to have just sold their current case then.

ndcc1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My point, which still hasn't been addressed, is if the original case will work, why would Case-Mate make a new case?

original cases will not fit the Verizon iphones because of the switch and the volume buttons have moved down as shown in the picture above

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Im almost 100% sure thats the angle/position of the ViP in relation to the AT&T iPhone. The only change they made to the universal bumpers from Apple is they made the cutout longer to accommodate the mute switch. I just chatted with an Apple CSR and, even though I know some don't like to trust CSR, they said that the volume buttons did not move only the switch because of the change in the antenna on the top of the phone. I think Case-mate just wants to be 100% sure before they start sending out the barely there case for ViP. They will probably wait until they get on in their hands and once they realize that it fits their current models, just ship those out for the ViP instead of actually making new ones.

Edit:
Holding a Barely There case and a snap on case that Verizon is offering in the store and the length of the cutouts are identical.

Last edited:

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyways I just ordered Elago's slim Piano Black With there Privacy Protector from Amazon.

$5.99+$8.99= $14.98 what a deal

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox