No they won't. The VZW hardware is slightly different than the GSM iPhone. Anything with volume button covers won't fit.
    Correct.. which is why the new Apple bumpers have wider volume button cut-outs.
    01-24-2011 10:22 AM
    i wonder if the griffin reveal cases would fit the new verizon iphone. there is some leeway in regard to the ringer button cut out. maybe someone who has one can weigh in and say if they think there would be enough room to accomodate the new button thats a little moved down toward the voume keys
    01-24-2011 01:21 PM
    Becarfeul if you buy cases on eBay that say they are for Verizon iPhone. I saw somebody selling a Otterbox Defender for Vzn iPhone on eBay. Oterbox has stated on their site that they have not been able to verify if they need to recut these cases or not yet. I bet they will need to
    01-24-2011 01:53 PM
    Just got my pop from case mate. Looks and feels great!!! Now I just need Iphone!!!!! Wait almost over!!!
    Now I am trying to figure out wich GPS app to get to replace google nav. Hoping google nav for IOS but doubt it.
    01-24-2011 02:26 PM
    Just got my pop from case mate. Looks and feels great!!! Now I just need Iphone!!!!! Wait almost over!!!
    Now I am trying to figure out wich GPS app to get to replace google nav. Hoping google nav for IOS but doubt it.
    I also received my "Pop" case from Case-Mate. Black/Cool Grey and a White/Cool Grey to give as a gift.
    01-24-2011 02:31 PM
    x2 i got my Case-Mate white/cool grey case today...i was a little worried that the rubber edges would hinder the phone in and out of my pocket, but it seems to be pretty smooth and wont cause a problem...c'mon iphone!
    01-24-2011 03:37 PM
    only one i'm really interested in is the Otterbox, I hope they get a case out soon for the VZW iphone, I have a bad habit of dropping phones
    01-24-2011 05:43 PM
    only one i'm really interested in is the Otterbox, I hope they get a case out soon for the VZW iphone, I have a bad habit of dropping phones
    I had emailed Otterbox about VZW iphone cases and the response I got was that they don't have anything in development yet and that they needed to get a VZW iPhone in there hands before they start development. Kinda sounded like it would be some time after the phone was released.
    01-24-2011 06:01 PM
    I have an AT&T iPhone 4 and use the Speck PixelSkin HD...it rocks! When they come out with a Verizon version, I would highly recommend one.
    01-25-2011 12:44 PM
    Just picked up the Contour HardSkin in orange at the Apple Store. With the volume button slot just being an open space, I don't think I should have a problem with the slightly shifted buttons

Picture of the side slot is attached.
    01-25-2011 02:00 PM
    Correct.. which is why the new Apple bumpers have wider volume button cut-outs.
    i read an article on ZDNet that had a video of someone showing the new apple bumpers. the volume buttons were exactly the same

Apple brings out universal iPhone bumper ahead of Verizon release | ZDNet
    Last edited by alupo790; 01-25-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    01-25-2011 03:03 PM
    If I were to order the white bumper from apple, would I receive the new updated version?
    01-25-2011 03:25 PM
    I've been doing some research on cases available and looking at the comparison shots of the AT&T and Verizon iPhones, it looks like that any of the cases in which there is one hole for the opening of both the volume and mute switch will fit both iPhones, rather than cases that have three openings (one for each volume button and one for the mute switch).

What do you guys think?
    01-25-2011 03:38 PM
    I've been doing some research on cases available and looking at the comparison shots of the AT&T and Verizon iPhones, it looks like that any of the cases in which there is one hole for the opening of both the volume and mute switch will fit both iPhones, rather than cases that have three openings (one for each volume button and one for the mute switch).

What do you guys think?
    I've been doing the same research, and agree with you, the cases should work as long as there is one opening for both volume and mute.
    01-25-2011 04:33 PM
    Anyone know about the apple bumpers?
    01-25-2011 06:39 PM
    I have been looking at Ballistic iPhone cases. Any idea if these cases have one opening for both volume and mute? Looks like a solid case. It has built in screen protection and rubber bumpers on the corners. I have an Otterbox Defender on my Storm 2 and I like it. I looked at the ATT version. I can't really tell if it will work on the Verizon version. Anyone have any other feedback?
    01-28-2011 06:03 PM
    If I were to order the white bumper from apple, would I receive the new updated version?
    Yes... Apple is only selling the new universal bumpers now that will fit both At&t and Verizon
    01-28-2011 06:10 PM
    All of the cases at the Apple store have been redone to fit both AT&T and Verizon iPhone 4!
    02-09-2011 09:58 AM
    Anyone know about the apple bumpers?
    Apple is the only place I would order from for the updated versions, as others may wait to sell all old stock first.
    02-09-2011 10:10 AM
    I ordered the case-mate pop case for a verizon phone and it arrived a day before the phone did. When I slipped the phone in the case, it was perfect. It is a great case - I highly recommend it. Everybody I have showed it to was very impressed
    02-09-2011 10:29 AM
    Case-mate just updated their site and now have a bunch of cases just for the verizon iPhone. I ordered two myself.
    02-09-2011 10:35 AM
    I got the splash cruiser. STAY AWAY. Bad case.

Going to check Best Buy today to see if they have the ifrogz cases in the store. If not, I'll order direct or amazon.
    02-09-2011 11:06 AM
    I have contacted 2 companies regarding their cases. The first is Ion. They have some very cool looking cases. And the models that they have will fit the VZW iPhone no problem. The other company I found is out of spain. And they have a model in stock that is designed for the phone. The company is pielframa. These two companies have the best products I have seen.
    02-09-2011 11:21 AM
    I have been looking at Ballistic iPhone cases. Any idea if these cases have one opening for both volume and mute? Looks like a solid case. It has built in screen protection and rubber bumpers on the corners. I have an Otterbox Defender on my Storm 2 and I like it. I looked at the ATT version. I can't really tell if it will work on the Verizon version. Anyone have any other feedback?
    I got the Otterbox Defender (AT&T Version). The case partially obstructed the vibrate switch on the side. I snipped off a small vertical piece of plastic on the bottom half of the case and now the switch operates smoothly. You can't see the modification once the case is re-assembled and the case integrity is still maintained.
    02-09-2011 11:49 PM
    I got the Otterbox Defender (AT&T Version). The case partially obstructed the vibrate switch on the side. I snipped off a small vertical piece of plastic on the bottom half of the case and now the switch operates smoothly. You can't see the modification once the case is re-assembled and the case integrity is still maintained.
    Can you post a picture of the work you have done to the case?
    02-10-2011 09:33 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD