Otterbox Commuter TL for iPhone 3G question

Megarain

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
So, I'm getting a new case for my 3G, keep her going for a while long. But I'm worried about the TL's sides. Do they stay locked on? Cause I've got a switcheasy rebel right now, and the edges flop a bit. And I HATE THAT.

Note: My other choice would be the regular Commuter case.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
My wife has the TL on her's and she likes it. I guess you could say it is a little flapping if you pick at it with your fingers but it is not loose at rest. She has never complained and she slides it in and out of her jeans pocket.

Now the Commuter will be much tighter though.

Megarain

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hrm...good to know. Now I just need some one to get me a pic of how far back the flap on the bottom can go and I can start to really think about it.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Hrm...good to know. Now I just need some one to get me a pic of how far back the flap on the bottom can go and I can start to really think about it.

The flap on the Bottom and Top does not peel back. The plastic piece on the back of the TL locks the Bottom and Top into place. The sides are the only parts of the TL that can be peeled back any. The Plastic piece does not cover all the way around on the TL.

Now the Commuter, I think, holds the Silicon in place almost all the way around.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Sorry. Thought we were still talking about the silicon at the face. :eek:

The "flaps" covering the 30-pin connector port and the headjack port peel back fully and easily to get things plugged in easily. The Silicon on the Otterbox is durable but very pliable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711