My review of the Speck Candyshell for iPhone 4

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Greetings, TiPb! I am here today to share with you my thoughts on the Speck Candyshell for the iPhone 4. I'm aware that this has probably been done already, but one more opinion won't hurt.

Cost:

To start, I purchased the case at a discount from Amazon.com. The case retails for $34.95 (as do most cases for the iPhone for some reason..) however Amazon offers the case for $22.02. I got standard shipping and the case came to me next day. Now on to the case itself.

Look and Feel:

When I first got the case, I really enjoyed the how vibrant the colors of the case were. I have ordered iPhone cases from the web before thinking they looked really attractive online, then on receiving the cases the colors looked bland. This, however isn't the case with the candyshell. The case features a hard exterior plastic that, to me, feels as though it can withstand a hard hit. The material inside the shell is nice and soft ensuring your device is well protected.

Here are some pictures of the case:

Photoon2010-11-02at0430.jpg

Photoon2010-11-02at04302.jpg

Fit:

I apologize for the poor image quality, I am a student and I used my iSight camera in my MacBook to do this at work at 3 AM, so bare with me lol.

The case fits around the iPhone 4 perfectly. It is a nice snug fit and works very well with a front and rear Zagg shield installed. I had very little problems getting the case on and off. If however you need help installing/removing the case, Speck has provided a YouTube how-to on their site.

Problems:

I had heard about scratching/wear issues prior to buying the case, but I am generally one of those people that likes to experience things for myself. I am here to tell you that after only using the case for about two days, there are signs of wear. I have not dropped my phone, or set it on any odd surfaces. 90% of the time it was in my pocket or on a dry, cool desk. In the pictures provided the wear isn't visable but I assure you it is there. There are some light scratches on the back of the case and on the front where the purple material is, there is some tearing of the silicon (or is it latex?). I have to say I am disappointed that my case will have a haggard face before it is a month old. However, I didn't buy the case with it's protection in mind.

Conclusion:

Although the case already has signs of wear even only after two days of use, I have no doubt that this case can thoroughly protect my iPhone 4. It may not be the best looking case after extended use, but as long as it preserves the phone, does it really matter?

Reactions: boweveljoe

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Dang, had heard about the scratch/tear problems in a few other reviews and so I ended up holding off on getting one of these.

Went with an Incase Slider instead, and haven't had any problems yet.

JT3D

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the black grey combo case that i use with along with the otterbox...its an awesome case...i like the incase slider too, but the rubber insulation sold me...just my 2 cents.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Dang, had heard about the scratch/tear problems in a few other reviews and so I ended up holding off on getting one of these.

Went with an Incase Slider instead, and haven't had any problems yet.

I heard the slider case fit too snug? Is it good? I loved the slider case on my 3GS. Is it a pretty good case?

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the White & grey Speck Candy on my iP4 and found that after only a day it was scratched to hell

Yep. It is really the only problem with the case. The only thing with that is it is a huge deal in the cosmetic department. Outside of the flaking (as it is called) issue the case is perfect.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods