Finally pulled the trigger on the Etymotic HF3

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I have an awesome pair of Shures but they dont have any controls on them... I needed something for the gym... Heard great things about the HF2 and HF3...

hf3_group.jpg

Amazon.com: Etymotic ER23-HF3-BLACK HF3 In-Ear Headsetwith 3-Button Remote Control for iPod, iPhone, iPad (Black): Electronics

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Interesting - I also just bought a new pair of earbuds, but I went with Zaggbuds. I'd gotten the plain ones a few months back as a freebie. I use them at school for listening to speaking assignments my distance students turn in. They are the most comfortable things I've ever used, and the sound quality is awesome. So when I got another 40% Zagg coupon, I went for the fancy pair with the mic controls to use with my iPhone and my pc at home.

Reactions: Chris_c81

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Isolation is very important to me. IEM's and any headphones for that matter that dont isolate can cause serious hearing damage because you turn them higher to drown out the background noise...

Ive heard good things about the Zagg Z Budds and for that price point I hear they are fantastic...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The Zaggs go in ear and when they're in you can't hear anything else. They are fantastic. And since Zagg is forever giving 40-50% coupons, you can have them at half the price - very well worth it.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
So I gave them a listen to at the gym... Love em. They hold their own against my Shure headphones which i paid through the nose for... The remote could be designed better (differently shaped buttons) but the sound quality and isolation are excellent. The highs and mids are perfect and although the lows could be a bit better, I dont like my sound too bassy to begin with so its fine... Im thinking about going for custom fit earpieces ($100) because nothing stays comfortable in my ears to go along with them, but Im very happy with the purchase...

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
They are good, no make that awesome but they will mess up your ears. I loved mine but had to give them up. If you travel don't use them on the plane.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Interesting - I also just bought a new pair of earbuds, but I went with Zaggbuds. I'd gotten the plain ones a few months back as a freebie. I use them at school for listening to speaking assignments my distance students turn in. They are the most comfortable things I've ever used, and the sound quality is awesome. So when I got another 40% Zagg coupon, I went for the fancy pair with the mic controls to use with my iPhone and my pc at home.

Hey Alli, any idea where I can get a coupon from please? Many thanks.

mad_eyes

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
They look nice. Don't think I could ever spend more then $20 on earbuds.

and u know what, i understand that attitude. it really depends on the user. some people can't tell the difference between crap mp3 quality and a lossless audio file, and in turn would care less about premium sound quality.

on the other hand i value isolation. i want to be able to close my eyes when i listen to the music and basically hear the pick on the metal guitar strings, be able to isolate each individual instrument, and have it sound like i'm being played to by a band at a concert stage. also if i switch to hip hop/rnb i want to be able to distinguish everything without having some crappy boomy bass cover everything up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW