Here's my Mini-Review (with Pics) of the Neo Hybrid (Satin Silver), which BTW has become one of my favorite cases of any iPhone device I have owned.

Pros:
    • Bumper Plus protection and styling (thin, thin, thin)
    • Great looking
    • Matte Silicone Shell / back feels great, doesn't feel like typical Silicone
    • Volume and Sleep button covers with Tactile feel
    • Lay-on-table design
    • Accepts more 3rd party 30 pin connectors than the Apple Bumper (tight fit)
    • Large Oval cutout for rear camera and flash
    • SGP Stienheil Screen protector included

Cons:
    • Polycarbonate Outer "Bumper" is flimsy but once on properly, case is tight. Need to be careful installing over silicone shell
    • Headphone jack opening is small. Not all connectors may work.

09-26-2010 10:50 AM
    How is the case when you put it in your pocket? Does the silicone stick to the inside of your pocket and make it harder to take out? Does the silicone move around much when its installed? I'm really leaning on making this case my everyday case if I buy it. I'm hoping the silicone feels like the one Otterbox uses on the Commuter case.
    09-26-2010 09:13 PM
    How is the case when you put it in your pocket? Does the silicone stick to the inside of your pocket and make it harder to take out? Does the silicone move around much when its installed? I'm really leaning on making this case my everyday case if I buy it. I'm hoping the silicone feels like the one Otterbox uses on the Commuter case.
    Not at all. The silicone is a smooth matte and has not given me problems in khakis or jeans.

As for the fit, once the bumper is put on correctly the fit is tight.
    09-26-2010 10:40 PM
    I see that there's always with the dock port for many accessory companies. They should really consider that issue when making the product. But I have to admit, the case look nice.
    09-27-2010 08:06 PM
    Solid review, nice work
    10-01-2010 01:23 PM
    Really want to add this case to my collection.
    10-01-2010 02:06 PM
    There's a version of this SGP case without the matte back (so it's basically like a bumper except it's polycarbonate and it matches the steel frame of the original design). IMO it is the BEST case no one is talking about... all I ever wanted was something to protect the phone and reduce the antenna issue without having a case that destroyed the original design.

You can also get it in different colors (yellow, gunmetal), but the one that interested me was the silver finish.

http://www.sgpstore.com/product_imag...ontents_02.jpg

(in that preview it's the darker gunmetal finish)
    10-02-2010 12:35 PM
    @tredstone I agree. The Neo Ex is much nicer as it doesn't cover the back. I ordered mine in yellow yesterday.
    10-03-2010 04:44 AM
    It's funny how tastes differ. I didn't like the Neo Ex because it doesn't cover the back. It seemed to me it was just a bumper that way. I'd been waiting for the Hybrid to get back in stock - was so jealous when Jerry got his! (I believe I even told him I hated him on the podcast!)

But my Hybrid is ordered, and should be here just in time for my birthday. Yay!
    10-03-2010 08:18 AM
    Haha, it never weakens does it, the "desire" for another case =]

Only reason I don't want the back covered is because I'll go with SGP's leather protector for the back. Actually the back on the Hybrid is nice though.
    xultar likes this.
    10-03-2010 01:41 PM
    Oh man where did you get the hybrid? I want one so bad and it's been sold out forever. Looks awesome.
    10-03-2010 02:09 PM
    The hybrid was back in stock for pre-order on Thursday (last week). They had a total of 500.
    10-03-2010 05:23 PM
    The hybrid was back in stock for pre-order on Thursday (last week). They had a total of 500.
    Yea, I ordered the gun metal matte one. But it still won't ship until the 15th. ;(
    10-04-2010 07:37 PM
    While part of me is very disappointed that it won't ship until the 15th, part of me is saying "hah - you finally have to wait and not get a birthday present early." I should receive it right on time.
    10-05-2010 06:42 AM
    can you use this with a holster clip ?
    10-10-2010 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD