I can't seem to find a basic car charger and mount for my iPhone 4.

I had one years ago for a Nokia phone and loved it. (Loved the car thingie, HATED the phone!) It was very sturdy, with a couple of joints between the DC plug and the phone holder so you could position it easily to fit various cars.

I've scoured the local Best Buy store and looked at every "car kit" on the Apple website. Can't seem to find what I want.

Anybody have a suggestion?
    09-22-2010 05:19 PM
    Shameless bump... No response in 2 days? I guess there's no such thing...

I can't seem to find a basic car charger and mount for my iPhone 4.

I had one years ago for a Nokia phone and loved it. (Loved the car thingie, HATED the phone!) It was very sturdy, with a couple of joints between the DC plug and the phone holder so you could position it easily to fit various cars.

I've scoured the local Best Buy store and looked at every "car kit" on the Apple website. Can't seem to find what I want.

Anybody have a suggestion?
    09-24-2010 09:29 AM
    My favorite car kit/mount for the iphone would have to be from proclipusa. They are definitely on the pricey side, but they work fantastically. They are two piece sets. You pick what type of vehicle you have so that you get the specific mount for your car, then you pick your device. If you're looking for more universal and/or inexpensive though this definitely is not the way to go.
    09-24-2010 03:03 PM
    My favorite car kit/mount for the iphone would have to be from proclipusa. They are definitely on the pricey side, but they work fantastically. They are two piece sets. You pick what type of vehicle you have so that you get the specific mount for your car, then you pick your device. If you're looking for more universal and/or inexpensive though this definitely is not the way to go.
    @ashykat - Thanks for the info! Wow - they sure have done their homework with all the different options. I'm always in and out of 2 vehicles and was looking for something easy, quick and inexpensive while I took some time to study better options. Not quite ready to spend that much money but when I decide exactly what I want, I'll go back to their site.
    09-24-2010 07:26 PM
    I am not allowed to post up links yet, but the Satechi SCR-31 Car Holder & Mount for iPhone 4, 3G & 3Gs, BlackBerry, HTC EVO, DROID on Windshield and Dashboard. I bought one from ebay last time.
    09-24-2010 08:09 PM
    I use the Kensington power port, its very easy to put in place and it has a secure grip which gives me piece of mind that if I take a corner to quickly or have to slam on the brakes, my phone is not going to bounce around the car. Oh and I got it from the app store.
    09-27-2010 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD