Best Apple Bumper Alternative?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys just ordered this case for less than $10 with shipping. I will post pics when it comes in I was informed by a guy on the macrumors forums so guess we will see if these are any good.

OEM orange Bumper Case skin cover for Apple iphone 4 4G - eBay (item 390239123760 end time Oct-13-10 13:21:17 PDT)

That looks like the official Apple bumper. Same packaging and everything. Some foxconn workers probably pocketing a few at the end of the line and making extra $$$ on ebay.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Yeah probable I keep wondering how some of these sellers keep getting a hold of the colored bumpers, they are probably buying them off these folks and reselling them for a huge profit :p

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Only funny thing that stands out to me is the word "Bumper" is printed in Pink and mine from Apple is printing in Black. Might be nothing but different none the less...

ashykat

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Me too! I'm currently using the black one and I've covered the black plastic part with 3M Carbon Fiber vinyl which looks great, but I want the green one because I think the contrast will look great.

yoonice

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Check out the SGP Neo Hybrid EX series. They come in tons of colors and look real nice. I would buy one, but like the original Apple Bumper, there will be problems connecting 3rd party cables.

Neo Hybrid EX does look nice too, and so does this one.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Looks like some folks over at macrumors forums have gotten theirs in, even have some pics up. I gotta say they look pretty authentic but they do mention they are not quite exactly built like the apple ones. For 10 bucks though it seems like a deal :) Can't wait to get mine somebody posted an orange one they ordered and it looks sick.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Check out the SGP Neo Hybrid EX series. They come in tons of colors and look real nice. I would buy one, but like the original Apple Bumper, there will be problems connecting 3rd party cables.

SGP iPhone 4 Case Neo Hybrid EX Series [Soul Black]

I looked at these too but they always seem to be out of stock. They look really nice but I didn't realize that they are made of two pieces which might not work out that well. I'd hate to see misalignment or gaps.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a Case-Mate Hula case coming today. Bumper with clear in the middle so you can still see the band. I will post a review after I use it for a bit.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
I looked at these too but they always seem to be out of stock. They look really nice but I didn't realize that they are made of two pieces which might not work out that well. I'd hate to see misalignment or gaps.

From the matte case I received, I can tell you that the two piece design is tight and offers even better protection than just a standard bumper. From what I see, there are a couple of EX models in stock (Soul Black).

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73