iPod Touch 4G Cases

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I went to Apple's website & compared case specs - they're virtually the same size. The biggest difference is the thickness: the phone is .09" thicker than the 'Touch. Phone cases should work for the iPods, with perhaps the need of a thin piece of felt to keep the iPod from any kind of "flopping" in the phone case.

tip-ipod

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
yes,it is almost the same size but the thickness . and a little different look.
but they are both good when you use!
you can prepare a backup tool for it in order to save your love songs and videos.
like itransferstudio.

NealJ777

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that one. I wish they had better product photos on their site. (minisuit dot com)

It looks like most of the major case manufacturers will have cases out in the next two weeks. I guess I could wait until the end of the month, but it would be nice to protect it now. The other day, the iPod slipped out of my hands, but luckily no damage!

BodyGuardz is supposed to have their version out within the next week. BodyGuardz may protect against scratching, but what about cushioning in a fall?

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a nice leather Belkin case for my previous "3G" iPod touch that "sort of" works with my new iPod Touch 4G...the 4G is slimmer and narrower, so the volume "buttons" in the side of the case don't work. I hope Belkin comes out with an updated version

NealJ777

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Belkin is coming out with new cases. I sent them a Tweet asking when they would be released, but they haven't responded.

Do you like your Belkin case? If you were buying a new case (for the 4G) would you buy a Belkin or something else and why/why not?

Thank you :)

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I got the Belkin because at the time it was the only case with the form that i wanted: a leather case with a flip front to cover the display (I carry it in my front pocket). It looks and feels good. Like I said before, the iPod touch 4G is a little smaller, so it "flops" around in it a little, and the formed-in volume buttons in the side of the case don't contact the iPod's buttons like on the 3G it was made for. I hope Belkin makes another for the 4G, I'll buy it.

iphonecovers

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
it is almost the same size but the thickness . and a little different look.
but they are both good when you use!

i like my iphone4 very much also and iphone case about Horizontal Stripe with

Glitter Hard Plastic Protective Backside Cover Case for iPhone 3G 3GS

Rikk_Phlair

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Flag for delay of case!

Just bought my first iPod Touch the other day... Lovin' it. Find it strange that for such a high-demand device, the cases would be so delayed in getting released.

My preferences would be the leather flip case, like you guys were discussing a couple of posts previously--and also an 'innocase'. An innocase would be PERFECT.

Are there any plans for an innocase to be released for the iPod Touch 4G?

NealJ777

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Just bought my first iPod Touch the other day... Lovin' it. Find it strange that for such a high-demand device, the cases would be so delayed in getting released.

My preferences would be the leather flip case, like you guys were discussing a couple of posts previously--and also an 'innocase'. An innocase would be PERFECT.

Are there any plans for an innocase to be released for the iPod Touch 4G?

I contacted the makers of Innocase and they said:

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline. Unfortunately at this time, we have no plans to make accessories for the iPod Touch 4G.

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
RE: the leather flip cases I've mentioned a few posts back: went to Belkin's website, and the iPod Touch 4G cases are in. The cases I'm referring to are the "Verve" cases. As of today, they're still "temporarily out of stock".

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Verve in stock!

For those concerned, the Belkin leather flip cover case -Verve Folio for iPod touch- is in stock (just checked a few minutes ago). Part # F8Z673tt.

Obamanizer

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Preliminary List of available cases

Griffin Elan Form Graphite

Griffin Reveal

Griffin FormFit

Griffin Outfit Ice

Griffin Outfit Gloss

Griffin Motif Gloss

Griffin FlexGrip Action

Speck CandyShell

Speck Fitted

Speck PixelSkin

Incipio Dermashot

Incipio Feather

Incipio Silicrylic

ZAGG InvisibleShield

Rikk_Phlair

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Belkin 'Verve' case

I ordered my Belkin case about a week ago and just received it on this past Thursday. Lovin' it... Fits really well and protects my iPod Touch 4G perfectly. Last time I checked, they were still in stock. I encourage you guys/gals to get on the ball!!!

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Got my Belkin Verve case yesterday. The quality I expected - but I wished they'd offered a selection of lining colors! The sky-blue lining shocked me a bit.:D (I still recommend it:)) As previous poster said, it fits like a glove on the hand. The other model iPhone/iPod touch Belkin cases sort of work, but the units do "flop" slightly in them, seeing the 4G touch is slightly smaller in most dimensions; this can cause a problem using the volumn buttons put into the left side of the case if the handheld isn't tight against them. The bottom of the screen tends to slip just a little too low into the case as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2