I've been having a problem where if my iPhone is in my pocket and I'm walking, the headphones start and stop the music, initiate voice control, and go back and forward songs by themselves. It's extremel annoying and I almost can't even use my phone to listen to music anymore.

I don't see any physical harm done to the headphones, do you think this could be an issue brought on by the jailbreakme.com jailbreak?
    08-19-2010 02:15 PM
    Haven't yet heard of anything like this. I assume you're using the standard Apple-supplied headset (earbuds)?
    08-19-2010 02:40 PM
    It happens to me loads but not cause of the headphones. Are you sure u havnt locked the phone and is skipping track it your pocket. When u shake the iphone it skips tracks so walking with it in your pocket gives it enough motion
    08-19-2010 06:35 PM
    No it's definitely not that..

I think my kitten may have bitten it in a way that I can't see the damage but still managed to completely screw up my headphones.
    08-19-2010 09:48 PM
    Are you able to try a pair from an older iPhone?
    08-19-2010 10:51 PM
    Are you able to try a pair from an older iPhone?
    My other cat ripped those to shreds. :P
    08-20-2010 02:11 AM
    Nt much good look with ya cats
    08-20-2010 03:53 AM
    I say if you can't see the damage take it in to Apple explain the problem they're new enough they'll give you another pair and you can test your theory out. The i4 headphone jack is not recessed so you could also try any set of headphones to see the outcome.
    08-20-2010 06:26 AM
    I say if you can't see the damage take it in to Apple explain the problem they're new enough they'll give you another pair and you can test your theory out. The i4 headphone jack is not recessed so you could also try any set of headphones to see the outcome.
    Yeah I know apple will replace them for me but I don't have time to go into the store.. Maybe after work today. I wouldn't use another pair of headphones, the only ones I like are the ones that come with the phone haha..
    08-20-2010 10:32 AM
    I didn't mean to use another set permanently but if you wanted a quick test of your theory using another set of headphones would determine it for you. I intend to buy the 3rd party plug with a mic that allows you to plug in your own headphones now that the jack on the phone isn't recessed anymore. I've been dying to use my over the head headphones forever.
    08-20-2010 01:38 PM
    The jack hasn't been recessed since the original iPhone! Lol!
    08-20-2010 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD