Otterbox Commuter for iPhone 4 Ready to Ship

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4 Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com

apl4-i4xxx-20-c4otr.12.jpg
apl4-i4xxx-20-c4otr.14.jpg

With all of the new features the iPhone? 4 has to offer, you definitely want to protect it. The OtterBox Commuter Series case for iPhone 4 is what you need. With three layers of protection (including a self-adhering screen protector), worrying about scratches, bumps and shocks will be completely unnecessary. Nothing beats OtterBox cases when it comes to quality and toughness.

About our Commuter Series: Three slender, yet sturdy layers offer tough protection in a sleek package. With a slim form factor and smooth outer layer, this iPhone 4 case slides easily in and out of a pocket, purse or bag.
Compatibility:

• Apple? iPhone 4

Features:

• Access to all buttons and features
  • Silicone plugs provide coverage for ports
  • Includes a self-adhering protective film

Environmental Protection:

Case provides added protection against bump and shock. Case is NOT protective against water.

My order has been placed!

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered mine too! I hope it's worth the wait. Everyone else planning on ordering this case, make sure you enter in coupon code : tb810z to get 10% off and free shipping.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I've emailed them to see whether they have charged my card yet, and whether they will apply the discount to my order. Obviusly not expecting free shipping as I'm in the UK, but the -10% would go lengths to knocking a few $ off the price meaning minimum customs tax I'll have to pay this end.

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
I love the commuter line. I wish the bottom had "grip" though. I once accidently set my phone on my trunk and forgot it was there. A mile or 2 down the road I was like "oh shhh!" so I pulled over and LUCKILY it was still sitting there because it was in a rubberized skin that had grip. If I had a commuter on my phone....it would have been GONE. Thats the one thing this case lacks to make it perfect and is my ONLY hesitation with buying it. Ill probably cave though of course but I wish theyd do something about this. And also make a holster for it.....

MrFadedGlory#IM

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine is ordered to! Been waiting for this one for awhile. I wonder if it really takes 10-14 days to ship. I dont wanna wait that long :(
To answer your question..NO..I just got confirmation that my order is being shipped out today and I should have it by 8-24-10!....So glad I dont have to wait 10-14 days:D

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
I love the commuter line. I wish the bottom had "grip" though. I once accidently set my phone on my trunk and forgot it was there. A mile or 2 down the road I was like "oh shhh!" so I pulled over and LUCKILY it was still sitting there because it was in a rubberized skin that had grip. If I had a commuter on my phone....it would have been GONE. Thats the one thing this case lacks to make it perfect and is my ONLY hesitation with buying it. Ill probably cave though of course but I wish theyd do something about this. And also make a holster for it.....

But then it doesnt slide in and out of your pocket easily and collects particles. Ease into the pocket is more important to me.

MrFadedGlory#IM

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I would probably get this one if I didnt have a free bumper case from apple already. The defender is too big for me too.
I have the free bumper also but from what I hear is that the bumper isnt the best case for protection if your phone is dropped. Slap on an Otter Box and I feel much better. There are plenty of options out there for cases so to each is own ya know. ;)

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Saturday. Does FedEx even deliver that day? Well I'm expecting Saturday or Monday.

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Yep... first email is a sales order confirmation. The second one is a "Cash" sales receipt which includes a link to track your FedEx delivery.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Weird. I placed my order on the 18th August, literally seconds after the email announcing its availability had arrived. But I have not yet had a shipping email. I wonder if its because I'm an international customer.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Got my Commuter ordered yesterday. I've been waiting a long time for this one, since I had the Commuter on my 3GS previously and it was the best case ever for me!

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Just got my Commuter this morning via Priority Mail. I have been using the Case-Mate Tough Case. I really liked the Tough but it had a few issues that bothered me. First of all the lip was too wide and interfered with typing. Next the lip on the bottom was a bit loose. Overall it is a great case. The Commuter solves both of those issues. The lip is loose on the sides though and the Tough was not. I do like that the Commuter has the headphone and 30pin covered. I really like the cutout on the back to show the Apple logo. I have a BSE on the back and the protection is not an issue. The only real thing I miss about the Tough is the feel in my hand. The texture of the Tough case is really nice. Best way to explain it is a textured, ridged, marshmallowy feel. I probably wont be returning to the Tough for a while anyway. Something about having an OB on my phone makes me feel safer.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I have to say, this is my first Otterbox (I unfortunately only discovered them late in the day with my 3GS when I was selling it for the 4G) and I have to say I am well impressed with both the product and the service. I received my shipping notification on Friday. Now bare in mind I like I the UK and Otterbox are located in the USA, well it arrived this morning, Monday, 0830. Incredible! I chose the cheapest international shipping too!

As for the Commuter. Fantastic. Well made and you immediately feel like your iPhone 4 is well protected. I'm not a fan of silicone cases or cases that take protection to the extreme. The Commuter gets both right. The silicone is really high quality. I'm no expert in the field of rubbery materials but I know when something is of obvious high quality, and this is. I was a little dubious putting the silicone layer on, as it seemed lose at first, however the second hard plastic layer puts those doubts to rest. It snug hugs the silicone layer and everything fits real nice. The precision cutouts and the port covers top off an already exceptional case.

Well worth the modest price. Very happy with this case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR